Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

C

chazmahal10

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great question

I guess it all depends. I was recently playing in the 215 sunday special on ACR and I was actually nervous a little. When i play medium buy ins I am not. I think it might be more excitement than nerves. I am honestly not sure...lol

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The lower games I don't, but when I made it to the BIG one (that if I would have made top (50 I think it was) it was going to a live event with travel and buyin. I didn't play the same, it's almost like I was so afraid to lose that I wasn't playing the same. I almost think I should open another game and cover the top strip so I can't tell which one is the big game and play them both!

D

djsviga

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting tilted is one of the worse things on yr game. Gotta learn to let it go immediately and move on to the next hand always focused on playing yr A game and making no mistakes.

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not anymore. During the game, I try to get confortable.

A

aj88xa869

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes absolutely, even in freerolls sometimes. Although I find that if I can stay calm I make much better decisions on the fly

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
oh yes!!! i get super nervous, as well as excited... that is why i could never play live poker OMG

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try not to be nervous, but if my pocket AA moves badbit some sort of donkey with 27, made the rise from UTG and call a re-raise from me, I feel annoyed. In such cases, I record him as a weak player and try to get the most chips from him on the next hands.

A

AnD202

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends what game, if on big money, then Yes, nervous:motz:

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found that if you're nervous, you're either:

A. not in the right frame of mind to be playing well (another form of tilt) and should stop and do something else for the day or until you feel more confident

or

B. the stakes you're playing at are too high since you're nervous about losing your money and should move down in stakes that you are more comfortable in.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get turned on when I make a bad call or code opponent knocks me bluff from the draw.

B

bttrkks

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello,

when you cant relax and youre getting nervous, it might be a problem, that you dont have the right mindset. Is it possible that you play with money you cant afford? Because if you dont play with money which youre ready to lose, youre brain will block and youre not able to play your best poker.

greetings

F

FrankJukes

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think everyone has moments of nervousness, but me personally emotions are the biggest enemy. Get angry from some donkey trying to bluff with nothing then rivers some bs hand out of nowehere as if the universe had his back all along. This is when I will take a break :). Poker is a game, noone is 100% win rate so there is no place for emotions. But there is a place to abuse other peoples emotions in the game.

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont but I loose focus after couple of hours

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing (like anyone else) I was nervous. But just like anything else that goes away with the amount that you play and/or practice.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get nervous every time the cards are turned over and the other person still has outs.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only get nervous when I'm involved in big cash pots

Rawgame74

Rawgame74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes

Sometimes I get nervous when I play only in the money. cause this is where alot of moves are made but in regular play im very aggressive

Rawgame74

Rawgame74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I Agree

I only get nervous when I'm involved in big cash pots
I really get nervous here as well cause so many people have piles of cash and will call Jesus off the cross and end up killing me on the river.

Jezdic

Jezdic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are a nervous player, I recommend one glass of strong alcohol or a small joint. It also helps light jazz music to relax.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

I don't get nervous when I play. But I do get angry when the percentages get out of wack on a computer that is suppose to stop the crazy stuff from happening. The are suppose to converge the real cards magic into a more realistic approach. This gives more people a chance to win. If a feeling comes and you lose but play the cards right why don't they win. Like a computer cares what you feel like. It should all resort to percentages except the real card flip. That is when GOD interferes and really GOD cant be stopped.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its good to be a bit nervous, its like free energy you just need to harness it in a positive fashion.

0m3n

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes but im taking break for 1-2 mins and coming back...

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nervous

It depends on the flow of the game. When I get nervous I play tight for a few hands until I relax.