Do You Get Nervous When You Play?

scolopin77

scolopin77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I want to smash the monitor in anger. I understand that the nerves interfere with the game but I can not help myself.

First of if you want to smash the monitor in anger it might not be because you are nervous but because you are angry, not happy with you're plays, impatient etc. So what i mean by that is that you have to take a good look at yourself and see why you wanna smash the monitor in anger. Controling your emotions in poker is key. You won't have a monitor to smash if you play live.:jd4:;):jd4:

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My nerves are always high at first but once I get settled in I never look back:0) I have also wanted to smash something during games but that's your mind and body saying I need some fresh air:0)

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not nervous, I used to just go for a long time without mood, and after losing, I even poured the remaining chips into the roulette, then I could not play poker for a month. Then he rose again from scratch, on freerolls. Now if I lose, especially with a prize of 10K or more, I just do not play a day or two. bankroll is no longer draining. Somehow immunity is already against it.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never nervous in SNGs and I'm only nervous in cash games when I first move up a level (which I've only done twice). Tournaments get me going though - I hate the beginning of tournaments where there's a lot of pressure on you to double up early on so you're not blinded out shortly after the bubble. Once I've got a nice stack I'll usually be fine until I get into some big money, maybe the top 5%. After that I'll calm down once more, and finally get really nervous if I make the final table. I think my nerves usually get the better of me there - I've never finished first or second in any tournament because my nerves at third place make me so stressed that I go all-in as soon as I get a semi-decent hand just to get it over with,

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exciting Play

I tend to get excited and enjoy the game. Poker to me is like a game of chess. However I get on tilt when I am robbed of my chips. Poker is so much fun. Good luck.

DaFrank

DaFrank

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I want to smash the monitor in anger. I understand that the nerves interfere with the game but I can not help myself.

I think it is very normal to get nervous. I have found lately that nerves really make me do things I wouldn't normally do, especially in the last few final tables (for tournament poker).

I focus wayyy too much attention to the money I could win, how many people are left and so on and so forth. Its so frustrating because if I just played my game and just focused on making the right poker plays, myself and I'm sure TONS of other people would finish much higher.

Keep your head up and try and realize, it really is just a game and it has no eternal value.
Good luck on the tables!!

DaFrank

FanatsLV

FanatsLV

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well only from beginning of my play after 15 - 20 minutes I start to feel comfortable at the table and than can start rock even if I'm in all in situations I'm calm as s**** :D :D :D most important is enjoy the game and not think about money.

wsumiesum

wsumiesum

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really get angry when I play some freeroll and I am afraid to 'all-in-donkeys' (I call them alliEns) because even if I have AA or KK before floop - some bast ard can win with 29 - you can never be sure.. but if you keep calm and just fold before they loose everything after half an hour - you can start play normally and eat them..

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!
Nerves hampered focus on the game.
I advise everyone to deal with tilt by any means.
Exercise, play bankroll, learn from the best.
All good luck at the tables.:)

Q

qabloona

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The best players are fit.

Hello!
Nerves hampered focus on the game.
I advise everyone to deal with tilt by any means.
Exercise, play bankroll, learn from the best.
All good luck at the tables.:)
A long time fan of poker before the on-line craze and one thing that sticks out comparing players from 40 years ago to present day is how fit they are now. You don't see the beer bellies and chain smokers among top players. These guys are fit.

Stevan

Stevan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember being nervous when I started to play live poker. To be honest i'm not sure that I knew all the rules but I wanted to play anyway.

Q

qabloona

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well only from beginning of my play after 15 - 20 minutes I start to feel comfortable at the table and than can start rock even if I'm in all in situations I'm calm as s**** :D :D :D most important is enjoy the game and not think about money.
I think everyone is a bit nervous at the beginning especially when playing against people you haven't met before. Online I don't get nervous but maybe I should, I might win more.:)

E

EL1t1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if im playing out of my roll or against high stakes regs late in tourney that i sattelited into, i played isildur1 alot on partypoker highroller, took him out on the bubble but it was so intense and scary to play against him :D