Do you mark your opponents?

Izzeee

Izzeee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes of course! Poker is a game of information. The more info you have the better in my opinion.

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely, when you play same tournaments every day, it can be useful to know what kind of players they are.

Piligrin66

Piligrin66

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I do not mark my opponents, because they can play in different ways, it makes no sense.

E

ender0713

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah definitely. It’s been an evolving thing, at first I wasn’t sure how to do it or how to take notes, and so I watched some videos on it online… which didn’t help too much either… however I do not give up much… so I tried noting hands they’d play to analyze their ranges. But that wasn’t very effective, bc just like me, and you, the players we play adapt and evolve, which means how they play today is almost certainly different tomorrow…. This is bc of work diet sleep etc… if I’m playing on a site with screen names I like to choose a color based on how their name sounds or appears, for example, if it’s an aggressive sounding name, I’ll mark it Red. If it’s a funny name, I might make it yellow, etc… it’s an imperfect system and I like it that way… the biggest gain I’ve noticed from coloring players is that it enables me to know if I’ve played against them before…I typically only remember players who target me or that I get into a big hand with… but I find it’s still good to know if you’ve played that person before and in what type of game and tournament…. So that’s what I put in the notes… ex. “5c/10c CG player”, or “freeroller”then I’ll copy and paste it to every other player at the table and tag them a color that resembles their name. I do this first thing when I open a game or get moved to a new table in a tournament… I think the benefit is tremendous… sometimes I’ll change their color if they’re playing opposite their represented style, or running big stack in a tourney. But yeah, I find that you must find what works for you, but I hope this helps anyone reading! :))) GL y’all!

shim36

shim36

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark player, particularly useful for ZOOM.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
The truth is I never scored, but I am noticing who is aggressive and who is not!

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't mark my opponents because there are too many of them at micro stakes.

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I make little notes of any hand of them now.. and note what time and type of tournament ocurred..

Fish
Calling Station
Shark
Bluffer
#%X!

The colors its not so regular.. depends the felling, when possible i tag pink & purple on fishes and CS..[emoji3465][emoji997][emoji41]

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I usually have players colour coded with notes. If someone is nice and I talk to them in chat, I mark as green. If they are an idiot or a fish, I mark as yellow. If they are super aggressive, constantly betting, and overall menace, I mark as Red. With relevant notes attached.

Things like, (3 bet button pre flop with king 4 off),(Raises button 9/10 times, try 3 betting his button raises) , (calling station) (folds a lot, bet into this guy more)etc..

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, yellow = weak, purple = idiot, green = fish

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only the Bluffers and River Rats lol :D :p

Miguelpaniura0893

Miguelpaniura0893

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course, it is very important to know how your rival plays and more if you play with him every day, there are many people who play with you every day and you will not learn by heart how they play so that is why it is important to mark them.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. sometimes it is important because we know better the type of gameof that player and so we can choose better the moves given such knowledge.

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I mark all fish in yellow,
sharks red
assholes in blue

M

malucado4545

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

no longer is the correct game to mark the opponent according to the style of play

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I make notes, and I mark them in color. sometimes they play differently, but most of the time the notes help.

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody ! yes - of course I mark the players - for example those who are from my country or interesting regulars or ....

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, I take notes. In the future, helps to play against them

gabryyyel31

gabryyyel31

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
When I can I always take notes, it helps me lot especialy when I have to take big decisions. :deal:

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Weak players can be indicated in green or blue, in addition, write which hands were played. Sometimes I mark opponents. When the opponent is marked, then you can quickly find such a player and sit down at the table.

K

krzysiek1234

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly i use 3 marks :
- Maniaq
- Fish
- Solid 1

3 difrent colours

gabrielcsgo93

gabrielcsgo93

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mark in my mind and i never forget... nerver hahahaah

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Yes, especially those who are better than me

ProblemPlaya

ProblemPlaya

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you mark your opponents at the table with colors? And what categories do you use?
Of course. You’d be stupid not to. I mark the nits, who are usually passive. The fish, which means they are very loose and in notes whether aggro or passive and then the brain dead. These are the Down syndrome special players.