Do you like to chat while you play or do you only use it to discharge your anger and

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly in the low stake tournaments it's people calling people donkey or fish. When it's coming from someone with a low stack, as is often the case, you think maybe they should prove themselves before commenting.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A meaningless action to chat online. After all, this is not a live, but an online tournament, where sometimes there is not much time to make a decision, let alone chatting.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't communicate,but sometimes players make me write rudeness with their stupidity...

ToNy70929

ToNy70929

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
I can keep up a conversation with positive-minded players in the form of emoticons, nothing more. If there is a negative, I turn off messages from certain players in the chat:)

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't like chatting while playing. I see absolutely no use in this communication. In addition, I believe that such communication during the game only distracts the player from more important things.

jj77jwj

jj77jwj

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I do chat sometime but I let people know there bad mistake when they donkey me out some people will go all in with nothing it really is frustrating I let people know when they have a good hand and yes I do get frustrated and let my anger out on them haaa

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i like to talk and get to know each other too, poker is not about anger if you lose if you win, a good game with friends and i think you concentrate better than playing out of anger ..

C

clave7777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chat more than i should and tilted the same. Talking here makes you think more about table play and regrets sometimes how things were handled.

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely chat and usually have chat turned off just prefer talking to myself .

:egg:

Sakisdask

Sakisdask

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not exactly Ιm use poker Chat rarely only to Cardschat Freerolls! different if im in Final table i think!

H

HunPokerRoll

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker Chat

i also only use the freeroll to chat in bigger tournaments rarely :)

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I can talk with pleasure, right after the game I will pause to change the situation for 5-10 minutes.

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I only use chat for comments like nice hands or saying which cards I had. I like to throw things around though. 58o beats me and a tomatoe is guaranteed.

V

vasko55555

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
не обичам да чатя, защото ме разсейва.

CKALLDAY

CKALLDAY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I rarely use the chat as well, and in fact prefer to ignore it all together.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
On occasion I have used the chat on-line to some, as it appears rude if you don't answer people. I have on occasion been called a Fish or Donk by people but I know they are trying to wind me up, and try to make me lose it, but I really do not get offended by it, I have been called a lot worse by better people.
On-line chat and insults are a strategy by worse players who try to upset you and get you on tilt, once they realise it's "water off a duck's back" they soon give up.
The secret to it is Don't let it upset you, show them you don't care and play your game, your way. if it makes me look like a fish "Great!" but a Fish in 1st place is better than losing it altogether and looking like an Idiot!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

PktPairPete

PktPairPete

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have left a table before now because I wasn't comfortable with the chat and didn't know how to turn it off.

B

billiamwedge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I only use chat in 3 different situations.
1. Something crazy just happened like a royal flush or quads and I say nh wow.
2. Someone starts talking and we have a conversation
or 3. (the most common) Some fish just sucked out on me making a full house with jack 5 or some trash against my 3 of a kind, and I'm pissed.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I practically do not chat! But I like to monitor the communication of other players - sometimes their dialogs say a lot about their level and thinking!

+1 Yes! Lots of information out there lol Just to give one example, someone complained in the chat after losing with Ace-rag versus K-rag. They said something like how unlucky that was and how they would win like 90% of the time.

Be careful because many people are not titling; they might be in full awareness of what they are saying, but this guy didn't seem like that type of player. They generally appeared on tilt. I just quietly observe and note them as a fish. If it wasn't obvious already, Ace-rag is slightly favored; maybe like 60%-ish, but nowhere near 90% so their chatting basically told me they were not an experienced player knowing what they were doing.

p.s. They busted before the end of the table orbit with something like QTo, so most likely not a tricky reverse-psychology player, but simply someone generally upset at a fairly normal loss that is not a badbeat/cooler. Ace-rag loses, just have to get over it sometimes and move on.

I am most likely to use chat when some idiot is continuously insulting the worst player at the table and I fear they will be driven away. I try and make the game more fun for said worst player.

Nice of you as a person and it is good for poker because it keeps the fishy players in and expands the popularity of the game. We need more friendly players like you at the tables CaptainXL :)

Love to chat! :biggrin:

:icon_thum

lol In real life (outside of poker), I chat a ton - arguably too much xD At the poker table, I say much less. Perhaps focus is part of it, but the biggest reason is me worried about giving away more potential tells. I'm humble enough to realize to keep my mouth shut...if only I was that smart ;)

I prefer staying quiet, but sometimes I kinda like to chat a bit if the other players seems friendly.

+1 It greatly depends on the nature of the game. Is this a wsop event? Is this a homegame online with friends you know in real life? Is this a Poker League event through CardsChat? (which seem competitive, yet friendly by the way)

I usually use it to discharge TBH, but once in a blue moon I chat to be friendly and get to know people.

Probably a mistake if you use chat to blow up because the table can observe you being on tilt and how you are reasoning things out. Granted, it might be the lesser of two evils if you feel better after using the chat - but I probably wouldn't because I'm too worried that an observant player might exploit me from something I said earlier.

Often times people are just insulting in the chat. I am a kind person and I am not rude in return.:)

Welcome aboard fellow kind person :) I generally do not get into discussion with players like this either, but there is also a fine line between sitting there and getting walked on. Can't let them take advantage of you or others either...

sometimes, I cry '' nooooooooooooo''
when my winrate80% be cracked.

nooooo I feel your pain when I heard this. Just imagining set over set or AA getting cracked...noooo

I only use chat in 3 different situations.
1. Something crazy just happened like a royal flush or quads and I say nh wow.
2. Someone starts talking and we have a conversation
or 3. (the most common) Some fish just sucked out on me making a full house with jack 5 or some trash against my 3 of a kind, and I'm pissed.

1) I do say nh for something like this usually too

2) True as well, but typically not too in-depth since a poker game is still going on. Depends on the game type and who it is with though. Obviously, friendly homegames and such are more social than typical games.

3) ugh had lots of bad beats like that myself, like how did they call a raise or multiple bets with something like J5? That is tough when you lose that way, but I won't chat this way.

In my personal opinion, I am far more wary of online chat than in person conversation. At the poker table in real life, conversation happens sometimes and other elements are present. Online however, these elements do not exist in the same way. Everything said online is likely intentional and therefore likely to be done by the player for some other reason. Maybe a reverse-tell, or metagame table image, but even just to vent is still a reason they have. This isn't identical to in person poker.

Say someone gasps under their breath at the Ace on the River. In real life, that might mean something. In an online game, someone typing "*gasp" probably has a different meaning - they are fully aware of what "information" they are giving you so don't expect it to be 100% honest or without a motive. If I'm chatting at the poker table, then I'm probably doing it to gain information on my opponents xD Yes, I'm sneaky like that :D Probably no secret though - lots of players think similarly, besides I seldom chat anyway, so it isn't like I'm giving away secret plans lol.

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I write very rarely. It distracts me and I can make a mistake.

W

wonima

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't chat. The responses over all are not worth it.

C

chadstrats

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One time this guy named Grilldoggy told me to eat sh*t and it made me almost cry like wtf??

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use chat either. It is turned off all the sites, this is one of the first thing what I do, when I install, re-install a platform. I do not go to any site for listening unknowns' bullsh*t....