Do you find a long game of poker tiring?

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I think it would depend on the prize payouts for me. If it's a big reward for staying put, I tend to stay in it and not feel tired. However, if I am playing for $8 first place and there is another 6 hours to go then the tiredness kicks in quickly and I lose motivation. I have made it a rule not to play long games unless it is a significant payout comparable to what I would get for working an equal amount of time in my regular job.

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, many hours of games are tiring...

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like tournaments, but i never played longer than 7 hrs.
Starting in the evening at 2100 hrs and ended at 0400 o'clock in the morning.
If the game is progressing good it is not tiring.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on what the reward is. If you're playing in a large field MTT and the payout is really low then you should switch up your preferred game formats to maximize your profits.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe after a 10 hour session,,,,step away for a few hours and i'm good to go again.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree that poker can get boring at times. Something what helps me get through the grind is having a show on the side that I can watch. Or something else going on besides poker so your mind doesn't get to bored. Either this or playing a couple more tables, this will make it more likely to be in action at all times.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never tired of Poker! I love Poker! I can play Zoom for three days without a break) Boring poker Can only be when you catch up, that is, when you are in the Tilt.

sharipov8090

sharipov8090

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi!On taste of and color comrade there is no!everyone chooses a comfortable discipline-the game should be fun and bring emotions without it it is not a game.good luck!

Cam54

Cam54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would imagine 7 hours would be tiring to almost anyone, it certainly is for me, especially with only a 5 minute break on the hour from a tournament ... that being said ... you adjust, because it is something you love to do ... and mostly I play cash games online, so it is easy to sit out for whatever reason, and go back when I am ready ....

Probably if you just listen to music or surf the net or anything else but poker, while you play, it is fine but if you only concentrate on the game... watching others play ... making sure you are on top of your odds .. ranging your opponents etc .. I don't see how it couldn't be somewhat mentally stressful and tiring ... you just have to make the most of your off table time and have some balance then you can deal with it more positively .. at least for me : )

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
I agree with you. The game should bring pleasure, not exhaustion. I usually play poker 3-4 hours a day, no more.

rfbh54

rfbh54

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I myself love fast poker no more than 3 hours of play.

T

thug223

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm never tired of Poker! I love Poker! I can play Zoom for three days without a break) Boring poker Can only be when you catch up, that is, when you are in the Tilt.

When/where i can find you ? I can play 1 day Zoom with you :D

BUSB0Y

BUSB0Y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played poker games that makes me very tired, I played an online poker game for 7 hours, it left me exhausted, I prefer to play quick games that last for a maximum of 3 hours.

my shortest sessions are 6-7 hours, I do 19 hour sessions every 2-3 weeks. And I play every day with an average of 10hrs/session

2df76fb461cbe6e46b71e049b7de0ac1.png

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

GARCIA PABLO DANIEL

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I do not, on the contrary I find it entertaining, like long poker tournaments ...

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
After midnight it doesn't matter how long I've played, I am tired. However, 8 hours of play during daylight and I'm fine.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I know many good tournaments that last a very long time,
if you are a tournament player and you want to develop poker, you must be prepared to play for a long time !!! Go in for sports !!! Good physical condition will help you stay focused and not get tired for a long time !!!

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been falling asleep, woke up with aces, won the hand and got a second wind.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips

When I've been playing poker for more than 3 hours and do away prizes me is silent utomlyaetYuno yes there an incentive, tired disappears.

Expand

133/5000

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.87)]When I've been playing poker for more than 3 hours and for the prize away, I'm a little tired. If a stimulus, fatigue disappears.

[/COLOR]

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fell tired after 8 hours and I think that I sometimes make wrong decisions for that.

Branimir84

Branimir84

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
Naturally. Also, older you get the worse it gets.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I agree with you. If the game lasts more than 4 hours, I also start to get tired and lose concentration. For me personally, the first two to three hours of play is the most productive time.
Good luck.

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played poker games that makes me very tired, I played an online poker game for 7 hours, it left me exhausted, I prefer to play quick games that last for a maximum of 3 hours.

Nah, I LOVE them! Especially playing for hours, then getting sucked out on for all your efforts... before the money :D

Top 10 Games