Do you find a long game of poker tiring?

Suns of Beaches

Suns of Beaches

With a Balloon to the Moon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i find a long game very tiring. especially live more than online. Online when theres a good mtt price the adrenaline keeps me awake. live is just too slow for me.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can play for hours and hours.. But I do prefer turbo, or even super turbo tournaments.

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing poker for 6-7 hours is tiring for me. So I like playing Sit&Go or turbo-tournaments.

E

emilvidi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing for hours, i just dont have the time anymore for long tournaments so i prefer sit&go or freerolls so I don't feel sorry if I have to leave in the middle of the tournament

D

dorynel7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you're playing in a large field MTT, you must be prepared to play for a long time 10+ hour session!

n1ckoftime

n1ckoftime

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cant speak for cash games but for tournaments I think it gets more exciting the deeper you get. Each decision becomes more crucial so its best to stay alert and find the right spots.

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very tiring playing for that amount of time and that is why I play the hyper and turbos most of the time. But if the money was right I would feel like it would be a nice hard days at work :O)

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is true it is very tiring but if you play a lot of hours an insurance tournament we end up happy with the reward

D

danntesvarna

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like turbo tournements and 6 max tables when I play cash games.
I think time it is very interesting word and many big persons give his essence of it.
Here in Bulgaria for a word weather we say : time.

Chechiing

Chechiing

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I'm not used to having lots of deep runs, I definitely find it difficult after 7 hours of play. Of course, the end game possibility gives a high energy boost, but it can still be quite draining.

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well, let's just say I've stayed up all night more than a few times, and woke up only to have blinded out of some silly satellite or something

GRIN281289

GRIN281289

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played poker games that makes me very tired, I played an online poker game for 7 hours, it left me exhausted, I prefer to play quick games that last for a maximum of 3 hours.

I also get tired after a long game of poker, or rather I don’t get tired, but my head starts to hurt a lot.
The best option is to play 1-2 game tables for 2-4 hours. This option brings both income and pleasure from the game!

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I get tired very quickly too. so for me the optimal game time is 1.5-2 hours

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I find it exhausting. When I am dealt AA for the third time, I'd rather gp to sleep ...

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I start to get tired after two or three hours of the game, you need to get distracted, have a bite, drink coffee. Otherwise, you can not withstand the pressure)

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because of my age long games do tire me.:):):)

Dimanis

Dimanis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm really tired after three hours of play in the tournament for the fourth hour is seeded attention.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I can only play for ~3 hours, after that time I feel like I've already got what I paid, even if I am not in a money yet. I then start playing losely and eventually give up.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I played in tournaments that lasted many hours and in the end, the win was not as expected so I gave up such tiring tournaments ... I try to play until 4 hours.

fernandovr

fernandovr

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I enter a tournament, I know it can be long. I played a 9 hour one and I didn't feel tired, but I think the 5 minute break could increase as the tournament lasts, early hours 5 minutes after 3 hours increase to 10 minutes and so on.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I quite often get tired in a long game of poker. That is why I always keep an ample supply of meth on hand. It just keeps me going! hahaha

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Tournaments enjoyed no matter how long they are, going forward and seeing in the lobby various awards and positions drives me to get away, to really cash at most 2 hours because I get bored easily and receive bad cards or good without action kills me , but let open leg action many times do not play and I get bored

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find playing for 5 hours or more gets tiring. If you are tuned in and really focused on your game I feel like it should get tiresome. There is so much involved in studying how other players play there game, then when you play in hands it takes that much more attention to detail.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Getting tired or not depends on my stack position.
If I am doing good to alright I don’t feel tired at all.
But if I am losing a lot of chips that kind of works against my mental strength.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played poker games that makes me very tired, I played an online poker game for 7 hours, it left me exhausted, I prefer to play quick games that last for a maximum of 3 hours.

Completely agree with you, tournaments for 7-8 hours is not for me

Top 10 Games