Do you find a long game of poker tiring?

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never feel tired, no matter how long it's run, until it's over and my brain realizes what I've just done to myself.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i'm motivated to play i don't see it a tiring game

Darsno

Darsno

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No

I actually like longer formats. The only thing that sucks about playing longer tournaments is having played for four hours or so and then Losing everything in one suck out. Other than that I always prefer a longer format tournament.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never feel tired, no matter how long it's run, until it's over and my brain realizes what I've just done to myself.
Well' lucky you. And how long does it take you to recover then? I once heared a regular player saying, he will not play at all the day after a big win.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So that I don’t get tired of playing, and long tournaments are not boring, I watch additional scientific videos on YouTube during the game.

T

tmsr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well' lucky you. And how long does it take you to recover then? I once heared a regular player saying, he will not play at all the day after a big win.

if I'm lucky to go deep and cash, i'm done for the day.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Playing online poker for hours on end is awesome; even if it's in just one trny. I mean if you have to go to work or school or whatever in the morning then only play sng's or ring games the night before. Even the CC trny's usually don't go beyond 4 hrs or so.
I wouldn't consider it "tiring" unless I'm bad at math. In other words I don't bite off more than I can chew.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes but mainly because i play too much and lack self discipline.If im fresh i can play a good 8 or 9 hour game without feeling it,but its not that often i get a good enough sleep to be in prime shape.Funny thing is if im super over-tired i seem to be on my game,its the in between thats a real killer.

J

jimmiandersen

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah definitely. Yesterday I played a cash game for like 7 hours waiting for that one hand that would bring me in the positive. Waiting, waiting, more waiting and then BAM! A set beating two other players for their entire stacks and I was in a plus for the session. Poker is kinda boring but I would like to be a poker pro and earn a few million kroner. Tournaments are not really for me because i take many short breaks when playing. Zoom poker is awesome!

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I prefer longer tournaments because it's easier to put together a strategy

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I can get bored 5 hours in and sometimes have played a a couple of days without stopping so I think it depends on your mindset when you play. Generally I prefer long tournaments but need my music!

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most tournament I play in tend to last at least 3 hours and yes it is exhausting. That is why I try to keep myself busy looking at other things or occupy myself with a movie because sitting here staring at the monitor really wears on ones mind. Its kind of weird how it wears you out but you cant seem to go straight to sleep after playing. My doctor said you should get off the computer at least 1 hour before you lay down.

ganbat

ganbat

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not sure if i ever played more than 5 hours. That wasn't problem.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Beginning of sit and go are tiring, as well as the end if heads up both players are deep stacked.

3-4 hours in a tourney is fine. I love the final table down to about 4 players. Everyone tries so hard to not make a mistake. Then one person cracks and says f*** it and makes a really stupid move and gets knocked out.

J

JRTHEKING

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agree with many above. The long tourneys that take over 6/7hours and more just drain the hell of out of you. Especially if there's not much dough on the line. Long blind structures do give the tag player a better chance in the long run. Used to hate turbo and semi-turbo blinds but as time goes by I find them more and more within my acceptable range for the state of my brain cells in the fatigue department.

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to stay up most of the night playing. I had a computer beside the bed and would play there. Then I started finding myself falling asleep while playing. Now I couldn't hold interest long enough. Even people running the clock down annoys me

CarlosLemarDixon

CarlosLemarDixon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. I feel like the longer I play the better my game gets. In live cash games I actually like to play less in the first 3 hours. This allows me to get a more accurate read on the players.

Last edited:
jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really have to have the right mindset or I can find myself concentrating on something else and just auto-piloting the tourneys. Cash games are much easier to stay focused for me.

I also seem to have cycles, sometimes I will go for 2 months ready to play 12-16 hour days, and suddenly I seem to hit a wall. I will then stop playing, except for maybe a MTT or 2 on a Saturday or Sunday. Then after a break the fire comes back and I am ready to go all out again. For me it is not about being physically tired, more of a tired brain I think.

Djon25

Djon25

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If the card goes and the matter goes to the final table, then everything is ok!:ciao:

T

turpin01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played poker games that makes me very tired, I played an online poker game for 7 hours, it left me exhausted, I prefer to play quick games that last for a maximum of 3 hours.

i can last 5 hours max myself. But yes, I think around 3 to 5 hours is my sane capacity.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Believe me, any (most favorite pastime) effortless tiring! And that's OK, we're not robots! Simply select the format of the game and it will be good for you and for the game!

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, playing for a long time is tedious due to the following reasons:
1. The start time of the tournament is inconvenient
2. The size of the prize does not justify the time spent
Previously, pokerstars had Bubble Rush tournaments, but they were removed for some reason.
So I prefer turbo and cache.

CriesuaID

CriesuaID

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Multi-Table Poker makes me tires after some hours,. When I'm playing a single tournament I prefer to use the mobile App to do another things while playing, especially in the first hours when there is a lot of "crazy" players.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You are right. Thats why I prefer sits and go or cash games.

P

pepomjp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually like longer formats. The only thing that sucks about playing longer tournaments is having played for four hours or so and then Losing everything in one suck out. Other than that I always prefer a longer format tournament.

Sometimes after many hours of playing you make some mistakes that can cost you all your chips.

Top 10 Games