Anonymous Poker: Is it good for the game?

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My thoughts

At mid-high stakes, HUD doesnt matter at all. Regulars use it but anyway they play different, depending at opponent and +-EV action at long distance per hand.

But at the micro stakes...HUD can give you advantage, but also, very many players play with HUD and play very bad. Stupid actions/calls/bluffs just because of HUD stat, not even looking at the board.(

Alucard

Alucard

Santoryu
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
People mistake thinking hudless is the same as annonymous. No it's not.
in annonymous poker, your identity is completely hidden. So people cannot save any kind of notes about you. When you sit at a new table, your identity is completely renewed.
Hudless just means softwares like pt4, hm2 aren't allowed to use.

While I don't mind a site being hudless, I very much dislike annonymous poker.
You need to have at least some sort of history vs the players imo so you can adjust to them a bit. It's just +ev
Also it adds some feel to the game while annonymity feels playing vs a couple of robots.

whiskers77

whiskers77

The art of purring
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Some years ago I accidentaly sat down at such an anonymous poker table. Well, of course it was a cash table. I wonder if such anonymous game exists at all for SNG or tourneys. I guess not, or?
But at this time it actually did not matter, as I was hardly playing cash and also not using a HUD.
But honestly I think, that regulars won't play this kind of game much. Are there any statistics or infos about this, what the pros or regs think about this? Are they using it at all?
Meanwhile when I am used to a HUD, I guess, I wouldn't play them.

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe anonymous poker is good news for any poker player that thinks HUDs are cheating. Although I agree with the article that it will take poker back to abc. Instead of playing the player, many will end up playing their cards, which is a good thing for the recreational players. But I believe even sharks would profit, cause come on, you see Kidpoker account you know you playing with Negreanu, now he could just have a number or whatever and eat all the fishes he can get.

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not using HUD right now. I just play and enjoy the game.I had experience playing with HUD, I didn't like it, too many numbers and I deleted the HM2 program.About anonymous game I can only say that I do not like to play an anonymous game, and I am against such a game !

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also like to rail . Will this kill that part of my poker enjoyment . And CHAT / gone`` . Not sure how this all works but starting to think . IF ITS NOT BROKEN . .:secruity:

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
being anonymous takes out a real part of poker which is reading and understanding your opponents, being anonymous is a real cop out to ppl who lose alot, this kind of sounds silly to be honest.

Rijckenborg

Rijckenborg

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't take any notes on players so anonymous poker is good for me.
But I hope it not more easy for hackers/cheaters/bots to hide behind anonymity.

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't take any notes on players so anonymous poker is good for me.
But I hope it not more easy for hackers/cheaters/bots to hide behind anonymity.
Think about any regular games you play though? Even if you don't take notes. All players have quirks? Don't you want to know if you've ever played against someone if possible? I think the anonymous poker thing is a terrible move?

T

Trinzilla

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I really don't understand why poker site's are against players having the opportunity to change their usernames. Giving new accounts the chance to change IDs say once a week will give them some protection from been prayed on. At least the rest of us can continue to use our tracking software to monitor our own play.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think platforms should at maximum try to copy the live games creating tables where e-tools can't be used. That would favour recreative and beginner players and it would be more funny.

C

crisco609

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't use HUDs or anything, so in some ways I do like the anonymous tables (prevents others from having the advantage of tools). In big tourneys I have enough time to get player notes where it doesn't really matter to me that much, however in cash games it is nice to be able to see playernames to identify some regulars. Overall I am one of the ones that am FOR the anonymous poker, it's nice knowing there's equal footing and no HUDs or tools, the way poker is meant to be played (kind of).

Matt Vaughan

Matt Vaughan

King of Moody Rants
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anonymous sites protect weaker opponents by not allowing pros and regs to gather thousands of hands of stats on them. It keeps recreational players in the pool and losing longer, which is actually more sustainable both for the site and for pros.

The top- and mid-level winners at all stakes won't win as much per hour or per hand or whatever, but long-term it's better for the poker ecosystem.

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
I've never played on anonymous sites, so I can't say anything definite about it. but I think it's better to see who's playing you. and with the other hand must try to play in the dark.

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never used a support software, and I had some good results equally.
I think that if you play poker well you will always get good results, but it is true that players who use support programs run with advantage.
therefore I would like to face all my opponents in equal conditions, but thinking about it well is also beneficial that your opponent to know you or think him know yourself well.
what the rooms should do is punish the bad game more instead of rewarding it as they do now.

T

Top Top

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is the first time I read and hear about Anonymous Poker never played that kind of games however I liked the Idea as I am not Multitabling and as I like observing and analysing my opponents game and play without any tools and put rarely notes on players.

jfmcd86

jfmcd86

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I certainly don't like the idea. in my opinion I like HUD's and I like to see players usernames and like to know where there from. I feel more safe and comfortable that way for some reason.

Rosxana13

Rosxana13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found it very interesting I like play without HUDs but I still think there's an advantage for the grinders due to fish make so many silly mistake that are relatively easy to detect to you as a grinder, also if you are look that you're multitabling and some fishes see that and see that you're there every time they play is also easy to detect regulars with this Anonymous thing it changes this might be more fun for recreational players

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I prefer to play with people whom you can communicate, to have chat with them in the game at least. I don't like to see in front of me at the table some strange exotic alien image with equally impressive unintelligible nickname. But it is me. I am for conventional poker as it is right now.

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to play with people whom you can communicate, to have chat with them in the game at least. I don't like to see in front of me at the table some strange exotic alien image with equally impressive unintelligible nickname. But it is me. I am for conventional poker as it is right now.
ME 2 and it took me no time at all to figure out you were GRUMPY . :icon_bigs:canabis:

W

wrapper

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to played quite a bit on ignition, which was anonymous. Did well on the SNGs, especially the triple-ups, but I never did well at the MTTs because I had no data on other players.

On SportsBetting, which is not anonymous, I've done much better in the MTTs because I can keep mental notes on some of the players who tend to play at the same levels and at the same times that I do. I don't use a HUD, but on occasion, if I come across someone I haven't played with before, I will look them up on sharkscope.

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Is it good or bad ? I believe neither of both is just other gametype but For me at the end it won't make much difference fishes or recreational make so many silly mistakes that a pro will detect in matter of hands so if they play lots of hands in a day it could be good for a pro but yet though it also might an advantage or better said an opportunity for the recreational players due to there are no HUDs so if the regular player have HUDs it wont be able to use them against the fish it will take more attention and hands that when you already have marked a player and made notes of them ... Would I play it? don't know I think I might try it once but honestly don't like too much the idea I prefer normal play

Top 10 Games