Anonymous Poker: Is it good for the game?

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anonymous Poker keeps to the better players and the weaker players at the same level, but I think it is a totally different structure change than we are used to, It could be like a be blind in a table, and i dontl like it.
We know that any detail of the opponent, from a simple Note to HUD can decide a certain movement on the table. The information minimal about the oponent is crucial to do the right move.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that anonymity in poker gives an advantage, and gives chances to win to weaker players, and regulars play mainly at a distance and multi-tabling,so for me it's more a good thing,personally don't use HUD and play according to the situation of watching the players!
Yes, but if this anonym is not a fish, but a professional? For example, Phil Ivie, I believe that we should know the players in person, anonymity in poker is a bad thing.

S

saulgood4me

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anonymous play is best approached with less tables so that I might focus more on the numbers at hand...Play the number, not the hand.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In real life everyone has a style. Players play against players. There is no difference online with tracking programs. They are available to everyone.
Anonymous playing gives full control to the platform and requires total trust from the players.

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fortunately, pokerstars does not yet implement this way of playing poker.

I believe that anonymity is a downfall for online poker, but it is seen that this is designed to attract more novice players with the slogan that sharks will not take their money.

in the HUD is where a player can collect from the players and thus have an idea of how they are playing the fish or the shark.

Eliminating this option will be somewhat limiting but on some occasions it may be beneficial if you play long sessions.

wilmer907907

wilmer907907

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After seeing the article, my particular opinion is that there are players who take advantage of the great advantage offered by poker tools and I do not consider it fair. the ideal would be to try that most of the players are in the same conditions and that it is really their ability that makes the difference and not by the number that a software tells me

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see how anonymity can be bad.

In my mind the only thing it does is prevent professional sharks (we all know who you are!) from shopping for weak players. Oh no!

I imagine a player can leave a cash table and return in 5-minutes and nobody knows it's the same player that was there the hour before. Unless they're play is distinct.

Good luck !

22meandu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All i want to know ; Does it mean you cant keep an eye on players you suspect of cheating .Untitled .

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If there is any regulating body involved: I hope they perform random audits of coding, gameplay, and IP addresses.

I guess a person could jump from table to table, but a fish will always be figured out if they play long enough. I'm surprised so many are comfortable to play against whoever or whatever. I'm curious to know if we have any profitable long-term players from Bovada that would like to comment on the subject?

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that every poker room should have anonymous tables in addition to regular tables. And every player should have a choice on what tables he wants to play.

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that every poker room should have anonymous tables in addition to regular tables. And every player should have a choice on what tables he wants to play.

The option sounds like a good idea! Why not? It gives an option and does not sound hard to make happen. More than anything, regulation needs to happen and open up the US market. It's not right to limit American freedom in this regard and not support the will of the people.

smknginmaine

smknginmaine

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like having the option and I'm glad both formats exist. I like anonymous Zoom games to mix it up at times.

R

rossosiya

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think yes. i use anonymous everywhere! Now I write via gologinapp for example))

O

Opstackola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anonymous poker

I would have to say that anonymous poker is good in some ways. It can also be bad in some. Guess its really in how you play and are playing at the time. Also how fast you could read and adapt to the steady change of different people on the table.:icon_king

25thinfantryman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
personally i do not enjoy annonymious tables

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The issue I have with it is that I can't make notes on players. Notes are a great way to assist you, taking it away takes a lot of the skill out of it.

V

vittopio

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the future at anonymous tables! More and more poker rooms restrict the use of third-party software and the history of the game only for the session! I think this is attracted to players who are scared that professionals have an advantage over them! The only negative is that players will not be able to track bots!

paisley

paisley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like anonymous poker sites at all. I think if you are in a tourney and you're not getting good cards, then you are going to have to play the players instead. How can you do this if you don't know how they are playing? I don't keep notes on people, but I certainly try to get an understanding of the people at my table.

Warrior1961

Warrior1961

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi. Personally I do not use HUD for now because I think that before using it I would have to have all the other facets of poker dominated. Anyway, and if my good my opinion is that of a rookie so it may not be too valid, I prefer to play anonymous tables or in rooms that do not allow the use of HUD. I insist, maybe later I change my mind but a priori it seems unfair to the weakest players.

Top 10 Games