Aggression in Chat

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Etiquette

This is a long lost art. People with bad manners will always try to push your buttons so just kill them with kindness. Hopefully sooner then later they will figure this out. Capo1014

inox73

inox73

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bad meanings will be always exist.be better than them

A

AushilfsInder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find it amusing how some get upset and insulted. of course i swear and scream too, but i don't write it in chat.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

the best defense is an attack, you need to understand what pushed a person to such a form of defense, and when you know, you are invincible !!!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
How do you feel about aggression in chat? How often do you see her in the game? I try not to notice it, but it happens that it pisses me off, and I start to make mistakes.
But I also cannot understand why they sometimes show aggression. They say you're a fish and stuff. If you're playing against a fish, you should be happy about it and take advantage of the moment, :mad:

That is the reason players do it, to put people on "tilt" and they start making mistakes. I treat aggression in chat as being funny and let them see it is like Water of a duck's back, it really does not bother me and I find it incredibly funny because I know I am getting under their skin.
The easiest way to fight it is to block the player from Chat so you do not see their remarks, another way is to fight fire with fire and give them as much back, When a player calls me a Fish I will reply "Yes! I am a fish, but this fish is in front of you LOL" Show them that name calling is childish way to get you angry, and it does not work, in one instance a player was calling my Avatar a puffy poodle and his Pit-bull would tear my dog's throat out, My Samoyed Husky I had, died many years ago and I have her picture as my Avatar, I just replied " Oh Yeah! and my dad's bigger than your Dad! Bring it on sunshine" I took him out of the game in 3 hands.
Once you lose your temper and it start's getting to you, then the game is over. Just don't let it be you.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Hi
Mute Chat
Game Over.
No stress
No distraction
There is actually no need to be concerned about what other players write as it will surely effect the game you play and mentally upset your control on the game.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I consider that the aggression of the chat is a terrible thing. Players can be more friendly and gentlemanly when they want to interact with people. But as the popular saying goes: "education comes from the cradle."

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wonder if all the negative emotives on sites you can sling at each other actually encourage it? I know they are seen as a bit of fun but are icons to call each other fish helpful and positive communication in a game?

P

pcurley17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just switch off the chat if it is affecting you

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very little chat in this era! In the early 2000's. Everyone loved to chat. But not many do now/

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've seen a lot of assaults in the chat, and I don't agree, I don't think it's cool and this is ridiculous.
If you don't know how to lose you don't play.
Many use it to try to destabilize the other, it doesn't work with me, I don't care.
And you who care about it, turn off the chat and focus on your game and also do not respond, not of simple attention like that.

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

How do you feel about aggression in chat? How often do you see her in the game? I try not to notice it, but it happens that it pisses me off, and I start to make mistakes.
But I also cannot understand why they sometimes show aggression. They say you're a fish and stuff. If you're playing against a fish, you should be happy about it and take advantage of the moment, :mad:

Its always been a part of the game and if your letting it get to you then your letting it win. Anywho i find the players who Talk a lotta mind games and insults are the tilted players and you should adjust your game accordingly.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I think that calling fish is not an aggression ... neither is donk ... poker has appropriated these terms practically, and if you get angry it is because it is a fish:D

worse is when racism and xenophobia happen. I have been through countless cases of this type of aggression

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I turn the chat feature off, not for me

Argylegreg

Argylegreg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thankfully I tend to play pokerstars on mobile App, don't notice the chat, and if there is any, it doesn't stay round for long.
Generally I think it says more about their insecurities than anything else. 😉

Argylegreg

Argylegreg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thankfully I tend to play Pokerstars on mobile app, don't notice the chat, and if there is any, it doesn't stay round for long.
Generally I think it says more about their insecurities than anything else. 😉
I get more fed up with the "Throwables" - very annoying!:mad:

nanida888

nanida888

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try not to pay attention to argression, if the opponent cannot control his emotions, then he is a fish himself. I just block messages from this player and continue playing.

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just don't reply. Ignoring angry people make then drink their own poison.;)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I mute chat always. It is a huge distraction.

pribalt49

pribalt49

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am cold-blooded to aggression in the chat and do not pay any attention, for me the main thing is the game and I will not react to any nonsense, I have a strong nervous system.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's bad habit, but it's of fun part of the games.

4e kogo1

4e kogo1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

my attitude to aggression, mmm,I try not to notice it, because sometimes you need to make the right decisions during the game ,and aggressive behavior as in life is aimed at throwing you out of the rut,so friends, smile when someone tries to manipulate you, good luck)

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I learned something from chat.
Sometimes you just gotta take their word
62614f4154ba085ead562e2b423f4c31.png

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chat agreement is the most ridiculous and disgusting thing that exists, there are several types, racist, homophobic, from region to region, I am amazed how the poker softers invest so much in promoting their materials and do not invest any money in fighting all kinds of online racism and all kinds of phobias, in my view people who treat other people in this way should be excluded and accounts blocked because they have no dignity to participate in a society group.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

W

watso

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s pretty funny seeing how mad people get