Would you play AA in the bubble?

Jogo4

Jogo4

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've learned from playing so much, if you have few chips, and you're on the bubble, wait for the prize to come, if you have a lot of chips, you're considering eliminating whoever has the fewest chips. Remember, there is not just one tournament... winning what you invest in also brings well-being

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have pocket aces I would call.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At too tight a table, I will bet 4BB, but if I understand that there is a chance to call my all in, then I will press all in.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
you can throw out AA on the bubble of some expensive tournament for you, in which you made your way through a bunch of satellites, say for 10k, and 10k for you is a lot of money several times larger than your bankroll.

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
It depends on many factors: my stack, my position, how expensive the tournament is, etc

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always play all in with AA, otherwise you shouldn't play poker. :D

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Much of the art of bubble play is in asserting "perceived pressure "on unsuspecting poor stacks trying to survive.With a big stack,we can raise more freely.AA should be played tight. The bubble factor increases significantly as the money approaches or a significant salary hike approaches.With a healthy stack,this is a great time to get aggressive and collect a lot of chips.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
I play AA ALWAYS. Maybe not in one case. If I'm low with my chips, and I'm waiting any moment to come in money.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unless it’s a satellite and I am very comfortable with my chips I am playing the bubble all in with AA. No way am I folding to min cash. I play to win. Folding the best starting hand is not happening.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It's the best starting hand, so it's a must play with it.
A KK, on the other hand, may already be more dangerous because of possible ace coming. Of course, AA is not a life insurance either, but I don't fold, it's sure.

Kiryl

Kiryl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

AA is the most tempting pocket pair, but at the same time one of the worst due to frequent losses.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If not playing with the best card, then what should I play with. Especially since I have a small stack. Of course I will defend myself.

C

CourtJester

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think I would ever say "always call" or "always fold." It depends on the opponent and what I think he/she has.

As others have stated, AA is most often a winning hand, but it's also dangerous because they are hard to walk away from, so when you lose, you tend to lose big.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
starting with the best hand is always a go for me

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All in probably. This is the strongest card in poker, never fold.

IADaveMark

IADaveMark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
The number of people who have been saying "always" and "never" in this thread is spectacular.

Let me pose it as a question to you... simply using the basic math of poker probability:

Are you willing to put your entire tournament buy-in at risk
when you have a 15-20% chance of losing?

Aces are sexy, but heads up AA are 80/20 against another pocket pair or suited connected. 85/15 against the full top 15% of a range.

Now compare that 15-20% chance of losing to the odds of someone else in the field busting out before you.

If your entire poker decision structure revolves around what cards you are dealt—and that's it—then why do they put 5 more cards out there? Just because you have the best starting hand doesn't mean you have the best finishing hand.​

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, if someone interrupts this hand, then it means bad luck, it does not always win, but this does not mean that all in is a bad decision

R

RamaaGnr

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
A wide question needs a wide answer

There's a lot of possible situations, but just in a few you should fold. So the short answer is YES, unless you have so much to lose. Are we going all-in? There was a raise before? How many players have called? Are we in a good position? How many players could pay our raise? How many players could get busted?

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, I would play them even if I was short stacked, because aggressive play is better, and nowone says that you will get in the money just because you are two positions from the money.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If smallblind shoves and you don‘t cover him would you defend big blind with aces? Just 2 places left before the money.:confused:

Include more information in your question.
(all stack sizes, payout, etc.)

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course it is, it is a very strong hand to fold, it doesn't matter if there are 2 players left to enter in prizes, it is an unfoldable hand, in my case I had two very similar hands in prize bubble, I had AA in small blind and button, and in both I went ALLIN, I always won, it is very rare to fold that hand.