ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes, I'd play AA on the bubble.
Last week, in a sattie, I bubbled out 6th (5 tickets) shioving A pre-flop.
I was the short stack after having blinded out when becoming card dry.
Called by QQ which hit the river.
Disappointing, but given the stack sizes, it wasn't a hand to pass up to get past the bubble (as I was not likely to get past without playing a hand).
At some point, you have to risk your ships to make more chips. If AA is not the hand to do it with, then I think you're playing the wrong game.
Cheers,
JT

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A very tempting pair of cards. However, in my practice it often happened that it did not decide the outcome in my favor. It is often necessary to refrain from all-in. And interestingly, the further alignment from the dealer confirmed the correctness of the decision. It is necessary to develop intuition. A good help in the development of intuition will be provided by a cat. But not everyone will agree to keep a cat. This is a definite problem.

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
of course I would play AA on the bubble, I always aim at the final table at least and not any money. What else in the satellites here, I could fold with enough stack to win a ticket.

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It depends on the rival, if it's a fish I plug them in, but if I know it's a good reg I don't play them

P

Pleshe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A hundred percent yes! What else would I rather play on the bubble? :D

Besides, bigger stacks would feel inclined to call a shove from me if I was on under 10bb or so.

Don't really see why not - minimum cashout doesn't make me happy at the end of the day.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a tournament player and looking to be profitable over time and are relatively competent IMO this is a call. You basically make your real money coming in top 3 of any tournament.

If you are just looking to min cash every tourney you are in, that can be profitable but its not really making you enough money to account for the variance in tourney play. Unless the profit is truly significant I do not see folding AA in a HU position.

We have not discussed the type of player the SB is or at least your read on them, are the extremely tight shoving with a polarized range or have they been in a lot of hands and taking advantage of other peoples hesitancy on the bubble?

For me I would take the loss if it comes to that, but not folding AA here.

F

Foxie12340

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Raise if cash call if tournament depending on where you are in the ranking for money

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it depends on the phase in the tournament, how far and which money phase it is

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
In this position with AA, I will always go all-in.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes absolutely, it would be rather silly not too. If i just took the blinds down, fair enough, but i would be looking to extract max value for them , bubble or not.

tony2521

tony2521

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
It depends on what your goal is. If you are insured in cashing positions and there are only 2 left to go and what you need is to collect even the minimum, then I fold. If what you want is to win the tournament or collect as much as possible, pay and may luck be with you, because they may not give you another pair of A in the remainder of the tournament.

GNuTTz

GNuTTz

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA anytime

AA anytime is nice. preflop... obviously. and post flop probability is 99%... so yes I would play it on the bubble.

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Absolutely
I think it never hurts to lose by playing well and you can never throw away the winning hand

Alizona

Alizona

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the buy-in of the tournament. In a $2.20 MTT, then absolutely not, I'm never folding AA if I'm at risk of bubbling, because a two-dollar tournament is at the low end of my buy-in range. If I'm at the high end of my range, which right now is a $16.50 buy-in, then yes I'll probably fold it on the bubble if I 3-bet and get shoved on by someone who has me covered.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I would fold it if playing in a satellite tourney on the bubble and I am short stacked. Otherwise I am likely to get it all in.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It depends on several factors, for example how many people are still in the pot and how large are the other stacks. I would be cautious and I would be very to just take the blinds.

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
That would depend. I have folded AA to a all in on the bubble before.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA

You bet I'll call with AA -- if I am on the bubble I guess I wouldn't have a choice but to call or go all in with AA as what would I have to loose? LOL To me it is one of those times when it is time to either "do or die " :D

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that only if the prizes equal tickets after the bubble, otherwise i believe you should play Aces. If you are short it may be the best time to double your chips and you are deep, well you are deep!!

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If your question is, would you play aces before the bubble? The answer is yes of course I would play aces before the bubble, just because the bubble is about to burst doesn't mean you have to stop playing good hands. Sure, if your question was, would you go all in with aces before the bubble? There I feel that my answer is very different, if I have enough chips I don't think it's worth the risk. Regards.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I prefer to pressure the other players to raise and if I can do it on the flop, that's even better, I'm very aggressive when I have AA.

fasteddee74

fasteddee74

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All day every day!!!

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on how many people are all in.

If it’s heads up - fairly certain going all in will always be the correct play.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If smallblind shoves and you don‘t cover him would you defend big blind with aces? Just 2 places left before the money.:confused:

I find it very difficult to fold with AA pre-flop, only if it was in a bubble where there was a lot of money guaranteed and I really needed the money, on another occasion I don't think I would give up pre-flop

"Poker is an unpredictable game, with the turn of one card you can become a millionaire. And with the turn of the second card you can become a beggar"