messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
If smallblind shoves and you don‘t cover him would you defend big blind with aces? Just 2 places left before the money.:confused:

this all depends on how deep and stacked you are, if you have the raiser well covered then definitely, also if you are short stacked, shove as well, if you're in between, then consider folding, while Aces are a very strong hand to start with, they can be cracked

seirmelo

seirmelo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
AA

Good morning, it depends, if I all chip leader or not there would be a risk of falling, certainly not only with AA, but with K, TJs with A and the pairs.
Now, if the risk of falling is safe, I would definitely drop to reach the bubble first, otherwise it's a record in the future.

Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
If smallblind shoves and you don‘t cover him would you defend big blind with aces? Just 2 places left before the money.:confused:

Guy! You touched a fresh wound. It's been less than 2 weeks since I was in the last position out of the ITM because of a damn AA.
My advice: if you're close to the bubble, and your stack is going away, get off the table and just come back in the money.

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is a sign from above.

Getting AA on the bubble is a sign from above. You have been fortunate to get the cards to make the bubble, AA is an indication to follow through, go for broke, keep the streak alive.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes of course I'm gonna call and I'm going to call with a smile in my face.

Xcoder

Xcoder

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I wouldn't worry too much about a min-cash unless it means the world to you. Play those aces!

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Aces are a call under most situations..

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think 2 seats is so close to the money that there's no reason to risk that much. So in this situation I would consider folding if my stack is big. Unless I'm short and there's a risk of falling. There I would play. Because AA is a great opportunity to double down;):D:cool:

H

Holdem Tycoon

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Trying to think of reasons not to play AA, when the goal is to win the tourney. Might be some, but those evade me when I’m holding AA. Good luck at the tables. Peace

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
AA

AA
I play yes because
AA represents the best not happy of the deck
if possible and not study the table with everything in hug one we will be

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd insta-call because I'm here to place as deep as possible not just cash

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If my stack is bellow average, I am all-in, all the time with AA, KK, QQ on the bubble

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Can not be bothered by mincash. I always aim for FT. So it's a go.

P

pariurisportive88

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cant fold AA but i allaways lose whit good hansds when i Have small stakes in Bubbles .

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Throwing AA is a big sin in poker, but if the prizes are decent, then you have to sin.

M

Maacus80

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends how much you're in for relative to your bankroll etc. If just cashing is all that matters then I get playing safe but if I've got the wiggle room then all in is my play.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yesterday I had a similar situation, only the hand was different AJs. If there are any notes on the opponent, the style of play and more. That could have been played. If an unknown opponent would most likely have thrown off.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi!

In the case of a bubble, I would play AA aggressively, regardless of position.
In the case of SB vs BB, I'd play all-in, regardless of stack.
In other stages of the tournament, I'd probably hide the strength of my hand.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Ooh that's a nasty one. I had an impulse to say: you should definitely play, otherwise what other hand would you go in with in a situation like that if not AA? But then I thought about it for another second and remembered how I lose with AA 90% of the time. It could be just my bad luck of course, and the hand doesn't come by too often. I guess I would go in only if I was feeling lucky that day (hey, it happens to me sometimes!) Other than that, probably would be smart to hold out and wait till you reach the money, and mourn your beautiful AA while doing so...

NightStalker

NightStalker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
You should always play with aces, ALWAYS!!!

W

WJMKAM

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has varied for me. It is a good hand and should be played.