Would you play AA in the bubble?

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If against one player, then of course I will defend.
I'll put all-in.
If against two or more opponents, then you need to think, if I have a short stack, then it can be dangerous.

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I play AA in any position at any time. AA is not a hand to throw even if AA's hands have been lost.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Only if I have smallest stack of all players or if in-money means to win few cents.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I will play AA on the bubble. Unless I am playing with "the money" being a million dollars. That is not realistic for me, so I will continue to play the bubble aggressively. I have found that it is easy to build "chips" at or around the bubble because most recs are playing super tight, a min cash does not make me or break me so even if I go out on the bubble taking a chance to build a stack is really worth it.

G

GIB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to have "the nuts" pre-flop.

Let's not call it "the nuts" pre-flop. Maybe it will be "around the nuts", If we compare in a vacuum and only the cards in the hands of the players, because the flop sometimes does not appear on the table. )))

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Yes, i would play AA obviously, but it depends on the stake, the importance of the tournament I'm playing and my currenct position at that particular moment on how i will play these monster pair. So, at a time as delicate as bubble period where the vast majority of players play reluctantly, conservative and tight if no one makes a move before me i would simply raise the bet x3 and see what happens. If someone goes all-in after my raise, well...i will quickly analyze the style of play of that player throughout the tournament, how aggressive he used to be, how conservative. But with the aces in hand, 99% of the situations I will play to the end with the risk of losing, even during a bubble period because nothing compares with that nice sensation when you show your AA's to your opponent's and win. And even if i lose with it, i would lose with the nicest hand in poker. Just my amateur oppinion.

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, i would play AA obviously, but it depends on the stake, the importance of the tournament I'm playing and my currenct position at that particular moment on how i will play these monster pair. So, at a time as delicate as bubble period where the vast majority of players play reluctantly, conservative and tight if no one makes a move before me i would simply raise the bet x3 and see what happens. If someone goes all-in after my raise, well...i will quickly analyze the style of play of that player throughout the tournament, how aggressive he used to be, how conservative. But with the aces in hand, 99% of the situations I will play to the end with the risk of losing, even during a bubble period because nothing compares with that nice sensation when you show your AA's to your opponent's and win. And even if i lose with it, i would lose with the nicest hand in poker. Just my amateur oppinion.
if you answer all-ins 99% of the time, what are you going to analyze there?

vapandrei

vapandrei

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
2 places left.. hmm.. AA.. sure. I'd play it.. and lose of course. =)

M

mafeeek1981

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AAs

2 places left.. hmm.. AA.. sure. I'd play it.. and lose of course. =)
Aggressively, because when I let it in, it happens badly. Always someone picks up something and usually I lose, although I like all pairs, most of all AA

Madalin Poke

Madalin Poke

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
if you answer all-ins 99% of the time, what are you going to analyze there?

I offered that 99% percentage compared to the tournaments I personally play (freerolls or micro buy-in tournaments). My mistake I didn't specify that. So, given the low risk of losing a lot of money, I have the courage to play with AA's in that style without taking under consideration the necessary characteristics I mentioned. But in the future if I will play in bigger tournaments, well that will be another situation and i can assure you that percentage will decrease. :)

gloemcesar

gloemcesar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CL
Chips
Hello there

If smallblind shoves and you don‘t cover him would you defend big blind with aces? Just 2 places left before the money.:confused:

The easiest shove in the world.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you want to win, you never fold AA, if you just looking to get paid, fold.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hmm I have to think about it. It's a hard decision 👽

Ok yes. But definitely risky 😂

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I have played AA, KK and QQ at the bubble - doesn't matter what position at that point for me. Lost on my kings which really hurt as it was about 3 hours in and finishing 1 out of the money when I would have made the money if I had just folded. I've won on AA a couple times and a QQ at the bubble too. Obviously I don't regret playing those winning hands but it is sure risky. But doubling up on my chips and/or taking out an opponent sure feels good at the bubble!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I offered that 99% percentage compared to the tournaments I personally play (freerolls or micro buy-in tournaments). My mistake I didn't specify that. So, given the low risk of losing a lot of money, I have the courage to play with AA's in that style without taking under consideration the necessary characteristics I mentioned. But in the future if I will play in bigger tournaments, well that will be another situation and i can assure you that percentage will decrease. :)
I understand you:)

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I always play the AA if I don't take the opportunity to double down and win more chips when then... Pair AA doesn't come up every time ;)

willjosp

willjosp

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Within the witch playing pair of making is quite complicated always depending on how much position you are in the tournament you can leave with all the chips or not, generally the recommended ones For playing a pair of aces inside the witch is to get enough chips from your opponents:D

vardyonfire

vardyonfire

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA vs mind

Now it depends, but I think aggressively. Maybe in some special cases I would think differently, depending on how many chips I have. It would be interesting such a debate, give on zoom, twich or discord.

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it all depends on your stack size. If the stack is above average, then you can try to find the strength to throw pocket AA into the fold. If you have a below average stack then I wouldn't hesitate to push all-in against the small blind, but it would be a shame if you bust on the bubble, but what about any cards you can bust on the bubble.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
I'm one of those who never releases an AA

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I would but, depending on how much I could lose, I wouldn't go all-in.