lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes. Depends on my chip account, how many players rest until cash and if someone play all-in with many more chips then I have..

001Jaguar

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I did thousand times fold with AK not a good idea to fold in pre flop if the raise is not too much I usually go to the end slowly

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the action. I will fold if manu go all in.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not only can I, but I have already dropped it many times. Even though it's not easy.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I have folded AK in a tournament a few times do to more then 3 players all in. There are certain situations where you should fold this hand.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
“AK is not a pair” - no wiser words in poker said than from Doyle Brunson. I actually hate this hand now after this week. If it’s suited, I may say hello.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yes, in certain situations I would consider folding AK. For example, if there is too much Action with deep players before me or at the bubble of a tournament, it is in my option not wrong to fold AK.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's called big slick for a reason. It can kick ass or your chips can slip through your fingers. Of course I fold it sometimes.

Poma Lekain

Poma Lekain

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion, with a big reraise or all-in, AK will fold easily.

sergui72

sergui72

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The pair is dangerous - in my opinion, it wins more often. I can also fold AK.

N

nee_cccccccc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, if it's all in and there are at least 2 players who already did before me.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I gotta say, I have done this a rare couple of times in poker tournaments, only because I'm so close to being paid in the tournament that I don't want to risk losing to a subpar hand. Anyone else done this? Or if you haven't, what was the toughest fold you made in a game pre-flop?

I have done this on many occasions, A/K is in my opinion a vastly over-rated hand, Sure it is a good starting hand, good enough to raise pre-flop with, and it is one hand I would consider pushing all-in with, But! Saying that, Poker is a game of stages, and situations.
It depends on what situation I am in at any stage of a Tournament, If I was chip leader or at least in the top 5 positions in any tournament, I would be calling all day long, against a shorter stack, with practically any Ace + hand, but against a push from a bigger stack that could potentially cost me the game, then I probably would fold.
You have to judge each hand on it's own merits, and be aware of the outcome in certain situations, We all know from experience that even A/A gets cracked occasionally, So folding A/K is a consideration, depending on the situation.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep yep. If I had a real good read on the guy. Multi-way all ins and 3 bets will make you think about folding AK.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I gotta say, I have done this a rare couple of times in poker tournaments, only because I'm so close to being paid in the tournament that I don't want to risk losing to a subpar hand. Anyone else done this? Or if you haven't, what was the toughest fold you made in a game pre-flop?
That's right, the main point about folding a hand like that indeed. I've done hard folds sometimes and still do, but so many I can't recall to point one:).

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, in certain circumstances I would do that

vonabruch

vonabruch

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course I can AK but I will not drop AA)))

D

Decades

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In a freeroll or torunament with less Money Never, but if i was shortly before Final table or if i have a high Mission i have it done

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Easy. Especially in early stages of MTT when i'm deep.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how the other players bet their hands. Could be pocket aces so I may fold my Ace King. I have seen this before and have been glad to have folded them.

Beatlebug

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably never, but mayby on the bubble with two ther players all-in I might consider it. Depending on my opinion of those players.

L

lanelosee100

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very deep cash games or tourney bubbles id fold ak

Zhubiitis

Zhubiitis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in early stages never but deep stageseasy fold when you get 3-bet than 4-bet

IXIX

IXIX

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the money bubble definitely especially if it’s already been 3 bet

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK is quietly folded preflop, especially if it is a multi-pot and big stacks, + here the knockout factor also matters, if the opponent's stack is larger than yours and he deliberately goes all-in to get a bounty for you, then AK can also be folded especially if it's a tournament bubble

Folding in Poker