Lipki3

Lipki3

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I will easily fold if I feel that my opponents have KK or AA. I can also fold pocket queens.

P

Panda19977

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yea, definitely. If I stick with some players that play super tight all tourney long I do fold if they go all in pre Flop. In my experience these Player have Armenstifters 99+ so why flip a 50/50 when you can just wait for better situations

P

pipayura

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I had to and it saved me more than once from departure.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I gotta say, I have done this a rare couple of times in poker tournaments, only because I'm so close to being paid in the tournament that I don't want to risk losing to a subpar hand. Anyone else done this? Or if you haven't, what was the toughest fold you made in a game pre-flop?

I did it only once, my position at the table was CO and the bets started to raise too high, when it was my turn I was going to go all-in but I took a few seconds to analyze the table, I knew someone had a top pair. .. I folded and saved my chips, there was a guy with AA. :eek:

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done it many times. When three or four guys go all-in before me, there is a good chance that one of them has AA, so I sometimes fold AK pre-flop.

N

NotADonk

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Folded AA pre flop once in a satellite.

It's rare, but there are some spots in which folding AK is 100% mandatory.

For instance in a satellite 1 from the money, you're folding just about every hand pre-flop (in some cases even aces) because the payout is the same.

Amen to that. I once folded AA pre flop in a satellite. I was 27th, payout was top 50, 54 players left in, a bigger stack than me went all in so I folded.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes I would fold AK in a tournament but sometimes it is better to keep them in your hand.

Beatlebug

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes, with small stack when needed for "in-money" coming.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The only times I fold AKo is:
- on the bubble with an active table and it is MY stack driving the effctive stack size.
- final table with a large stack but coming up against a big stack who three-bet shoves.
If there is a real risk to my tournament life and I'm on the bubble or into the money there is a chance I will fold it.

Generally though, AKo is a playable, if not shoveable hand.

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
PS AKo is a great hand to play heads up. It can be very risky if you're playing a multiway pot...

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is, if I have folded, with AK before the flop, they are difficult decisions but they have to be made.

Folding in Poker