• Total voters
Mundug

Mundug

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i need itm ifold AK before itm. Also i fold before good money jump and i fold my friends. Another moment i cant fold.

E

eddyrj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Talvez

I've folded AK pre flop a few times in some situations, Ak is a very strong hand pre flop, but it depends a lot on the dynamics of the table, against 2 players at most AK is very strong, but I don't get too attached to this hand, because Poker is a game of strategy and should be played according to the villain we're up against and not the strength of our hand.

julio gonzalez

julio gonzalez

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ak pre flop

hello. yes according to my stack and my position I would fold AK and in fact I do

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've already folded 40% of the time, especially when I'm close to the bubble or the final table

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a strong combination of cards, but playing it always ends up either far ahead or far behind.:)

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I know I should have learned my lesson by now, but there are a few hands I just can't walk away from, even at the bubble and AK is one of them. Has cost me but also helped me so I'll keep playing it.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I gotta say, I have done this a rare couple of times in poker tournaments, only because I'm so close to being paid in the tournament that I don't want to risk losing to a subpar hand. Anyone else done this? Or if you haven't, what was the toughest fold you made in a game pre-flop?

I would fold or not fold this hand depending on the position and situation especially what tournament it is and the how many big blinds i have.
If someone bets me all in and I only have 10 big blinds left I would definitely call. On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to call someone at 150 BB who is most likely a maniac and you can't tell what hand he's playing. Too much risk.
In short, I would say it depends on many factors.

E

erberson7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Em uma mesa final para não correr o risco de cair antes dos menores stacks!!...kkkk

toni_brasco

toni_brasco

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes I just can feel that someone has AA.. just feel and see so much confidence in 4 or 5 bet that I will fold my AK.

L

livinitemare

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have folded AK in live games on the bubble

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends a lot on the opponent's situation that you are facing, in the beginning when I started playing poker I would hardly give up with Ak but with the passage of time I already give up pre-flop with Ak I think you have to analyze a lot before calling or giving up

"When I sit down to play, I play to win. I was never satisfied with second place" - Phil Ivey

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pre

no i would play that all the time

Jardel Barros

Jardel Barros

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on my stack. If I had Short I wouldn't give up.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK so short answer is yes and more than just the odd time.

If you never folded AK that means you're calling all ins with it and racing most of the time occasionally your up against AQ AJ A10 or your up against AA KK. AK is more valuable later on and to start your stupid if your always all in with it. I'll play hard and call down alot and play all in if I hit.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Fold to your friends how convenient this is the problem when playing with friends it's not true play, I wish nothing but losing too you

If i need itm ifold AK before itm. Also i fold before good money jump and i fold my friends. Another moment i cant fold.

Roller

Roller

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Folding AK preflop when it's the correct play is easy. Not sure why so many think it's such a big deal to fold AK.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
AK need to open-raise (open)from all positions at the table,whether it's a full ring or 6-max.AK should never open limp and never open fold. The larger our opponent's open sizing,the less likely we should be to 3-bet with AK.Against small open raises,we should 3-bet more aggressively,poker principles that are often ignored by many players.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually not fold it pre-flop but I should have last time since I raised with A K pre-flop and the opponent put me all in. How could it be otherwise, it was A A and I had almost no chips left in the relatively late stage of a tournament.

In some situations you have to think twice, especially when there are several people in the pot, but mainly I play the hand pre-flop aggressively.

Last edited:
poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
АК кидать тяжело, но если ты не далеко от приза, то лучше кинуть, если кто-то идет он-лин, или ты не в позиции, лучше подождать а потом когда попадем в призы, мы можем играть более агрессивно

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
AK is hard to throw, but if you are not far from the prize, it is better to throw, if someone is on-lin, or you are not in position, it is better to wait and then when we get into the prizes, we can play more aggressively

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never fold an AK no matter what near the ITM or large stack

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Of course, depending of the situation is a foldable hand.

Mainly if I am the big stack, if there is some re-raise pre flop and if I'm OOP.

Daniel72

Daniel72

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the action before.

And also on the stacks, for instance in a super deep cash game I would hate to pay a lot with it, even for "Top Pair Top Kicker".

But my weakness is Aksooted :) I simply love this hand...

Folding in Poker