When you bluff, are you showing the cards later if you don't get paid?

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Reveal your cards and you reveal your playing style to all your opponents.

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I never show my cards, the only exception is when I am in a big pot, with a great hand and betting and the villain folds, i like to pass the image of a non bluffer, so my cbets gets value.

M

mssmotilda

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never reveal my cards because I think it gives an extra edge to your opponents. Let them pay to see your cards.

sulzerrt

sulzerrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never bluff, only good or bad value bets. Always keep in secret if not showdown.

W

whitetailbuck10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I made myself a deal many years ago that I would NEVER show my cards no matter what. I can for sure see the reason why some people do. Recently I seem to be seeing a lot of people showing their cards on my tables, not necessarily against me but just on my tables and I have been able to use that to my advantage several times in the last couple of weeks. ANY information in GOOD information.

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never show my cards. I feel it would be providing unnecessary info and advantage to my opponents.

P

ppartizan2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show them because maybe you get another hand thats good next time and they will think oh hes not bluffing this and time and now you cant win.

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I don't ever show my cards under any circumstance (unless I have to for the showdown) whether it's a bluff or not. Feeding your ego is one thing, but why do it if it uncovers your game? Not a very good long-term strategy. Not letting other players learn your tells is the best advantage you could ever have in poker.

B

bostontaylorx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing a bluff against an aggressive opponent is one of the best things you can do in my opinion as it makes them angry and play wrecklessly and tilted! just my opinion though :))))

B

budweiser74777

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes - when I sit at the same table for a long time

emejota23

emejota23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I don't like to show my cards, but sometimes I do. jejejejje :D

N

Narcys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, people can read your playing strategy

kanogott

kanogott

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I did not bluff. Ok nice joke. I dont show my cards. That gives informations about my way to play and this gives the informations could use some people in the future. This reduce my chances to win in future. And because of this i gave no more information i must give.

miguel198433

miguel198433

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi

I don't show the cards because you would give the rival a lot of information

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's a good strategy to pass information to opponents, I don't usually do that, unless the villain is very aggressive and pays a lot, I show the bluff just to see the tilt.:D

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show any cards don't want others to get a read on me.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards under any circumstance.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost never show my cards. Bluffing or with the nuts. This is really true when playing live poker. Since I do not play live that often, I figure I am at a disadvantage and I do not want to give any more information. I really concentrate on showing very little emotion when it comes to the poker hands, when it comes to having a conversation, I am the opposite. I will get very animated and excited when talking at the table, does this throw out confusing messages?? Who knows, but it seems to work for me :confused::confused::D

F

FlushKings311

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker

No, I never show whether I'm bluffing or not. Just not how I play. Certainly don't mind others doing it though

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Nope. If I show anything, it's only good hands so player think I have the goods anytime I'm involved.