When you bluff, are you showing the cards later if you don't get paid?

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
Well ... that I remember only a couple of times I have shown the cards after a "bluff" ... but normally I do not show them and I do not take into account the players who do so ... what opponents do as a strategy ... so I focus more on my game ...

Z

zerosalex

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show my cards. I will rarely show a bluff if players in the table are extra tight and I want to loosen them up I'll bluff and show it but after that I switch my playing style and I play tight and wont bluff any more. But they will be more curious and give me more action.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are people who don't show their cards in order to make players curious and there are players who show when it's a bluff and when there's a nut to force the opponent to think about calling to see if it's a bluff or not... but in my case I think it's better not show the cards to make them curious to pay.

corleonegerber

corleonegerber

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not normally

I usually not show the cards, because the opponent will start to play more rough with me. But if the another player and I have a bad history, I like the idea to tilt him.

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually not show the cards, because the opponent will start to play more rough with me. But if the another player and I have a bad history, I like the idea to tilt him.
I think that during the game, when you raise and the opponent falls, you should not show him your cards.If you show it once,he can understand your basic tactics.)

Valera979

Valera979

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today I played in three tournaments.There were only setups everywhere.When I see this, it happens, it's not ice.

AizenFalck

AizenFalck

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. I think it is part of the Bluiff strategy not to teach the game, so you leave the possibilities open. Was he bluffing or not? Is he a frequent player or not? It is better than to show it from time to time, it seems a better strategy to never show the cards. Regards.

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never ever show my cards besides you can't on ACR, why show to help all the others at the table

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never show my cards as a bluff or when I have a hand. If you want to see my cards you need to pay for the pleasure.

This being said I will show a royal flush if I had it. That is so rare its worth showing.

srurrr

srurrr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show.This is because I think it is important not to pass information to the opponent in a perfect information game.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm usually not showing (why give more "free" information away?), but there are meta-game situations where it could be argued to show. The obvious psychology application is about table image, but interpreting shown cards could be a deep discussion in itself.

k0k17

k0k17

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can show your opponents your card: show that you are bluffing or, conversely, make a bet with the nuts, fold the second nuts or outright garbage ... From time to time you want to brag about one or another collected combination in front of your opponents, but is it worth it do?

Once again, by showing your cards, you will give your opponent more information about their playing strategy, which they try to hide in every possible way in poker.

You cannot be sure that a particular player is playing a hand just to find out the specifics of your game. Perhaps he did not receive any intelligible information, and then you opened and demonstrated everything to him for free.

However, there are times when showing cards can be justified.

First, you can give opponents false information about your behavior by showing a winning hand if you played it in an unusual way.

Secondly, the demonstration of cards in order to disrupt the psychological balance of the opponent. The most typical case of this is bluffing. If the opponent is gambling, suffering a loss painfully, then in this way you can make him chase you in the future, answer and pay for strong combinations.

However, a strong opponent understands that players are bluffing from time to time, so your bluff is unlikely to make a strong impression on him.:cool:

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
he never showed the cards, much less bluffed if they don't pay me.

Only if I want to put the opponent on tilt

Otherwise I prefer not to show, which builds up some tilt in the opponent too, because most humans... they hate uncertainty... they hate not knowing if someone else got the better of them

And by keeping those cards face down, you plant a whole lot of doubt in their mind :icon_sant

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Only if I'm messing with someone specifically, but usually I don't

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards, everything that is shown serves the opponent to be able to decipher your way of playing, if I bet, whoever wants to see that he pays.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes i show and sometimes no depends on what the situation to get the player tilted

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the pasts I did show my cards, but know I don't show my cards, no more free information.

Navin Sarabjeet

Navin Sarabjeet

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
SR
Chips
he never showed the cards, much less bluffed if they don't pay me.

Sometimes i do show the cards when i don't get paid especially when i bluffed:D
This can always throw opponent off track and it's hard for them to know when i bluff or not:rolleyes:

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no reason to give people free informations. There are also other players on a table which won't tilt and they can notice your plays. So I never show my cards.

GrindFreak

GrindFreak

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t feel like I want to show them more often because it’s so disrespectful but if they talk trash, I would show em suckers disrespectfully lol

Aleks75

Aleks75

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not worth it.!

It's not worth it.! By showing our cards on a bluff, we thereby put a mark on ourselves.)Unless it's an expoating strategy.