When you bluff, are you showing the cards later if you don't get paid?

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards when they are removed from the hand, I just think that by showing your cards, good or bad, you are showing your way of playing, and I don't see that as positive.

frnandoh

frnandoh

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Thats a free info. Who do this is giving money to villain.

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
show

I don't always show my cards but when someone calls me a donkey I show my hand to shut them up.

Sansam

Sansam

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't show my cards after bluffing. Why let other players read your technique? It's best to stay in a strong position, especially if the stakes are high.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely will show my bluff. There are a few times I might though.

If I know a player will go on tilt if I show the bluff, I will show just to set them off. This is more of a tournament thing though as I prefer cash games to stay as predictable as possible.

If I am playing at a very loose table but find a rare bluffing opportunity, I may show to encourage further loose play from the rest of the table as I generally play a tighter game.

rafcio20p

rafcio20p

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't usually do this, but sometimes it's good to confuse your opponents. This can be used later in the game.

flail1

flail1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I never show other than if someone late raises my BB and I have like 72 or 83, I'll show just to say I can't defend - this time...

daddybrooks

daddybrooks

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Rarely

Very rarely will i ever show cards if not paid for. That being said, it all really depends on the table. Sometimes you have a table where you might want to get a little credit in the bank for playing solid, so show one or two 'premium' hole cards that you raised. It may let you get away with more later on. Same goes in reverse if you want to get called on your raises, show a few bluffs early. Works muuuch better live play. Quite a few online donkeys don't seem to care or even pay attention to hand histories...

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I never show my cards in these situations, I don't give the villains any information to read to you. Every time you show your cards, people can take notes on you and make it easier to play against you.

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards unless I have to. Poker is a game of incomplete information. The more information you have the greater your advantage. Showing your cards when you don't have to is giving away free information to your opponents, which only benefits them. Even if you think that by showing your cards, you're misleading your opponents, you're still giving away free information about the hands you're playing and how you're playing them.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Once in awhile to let the table know that I am hitting cards.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd show my bluffs at a final table, otherwise no way.

hsimonyan

hsimonyan

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never shown my cards, probably this will continue, I don’t think there is any sense in this, but there are times when you can mislead your opponent by showing him a bluff, I personally don’t use it, but maybe it would be worth it sometimes:)

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
at first I made this mistake, to show the cards :), but now no, if you want to see pay :))

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, better so that you don't get paid later if you bluff again. That would not be advantageous

P

PaulRosson

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards. Everything is information and I never want to give my opponents any more information than is necessary. The only time it could make sense is if you misclicked or played outside of your normal strategy, and by showing you are feeding them false information.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No never. Would be like a magician explaining the trick.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hm, don't think so. But for me, I can only concentrate for a limited amount of time and it has helped me a lot to know that and actually quit then.
The best strategies are worth nothing if you don't have the willpower to use them and fold if necessary.

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I rarely show cards but sometimes I will and then switch up my play to keep people off balance. Like if I'm on a tight table I will play agressive show some bluffs then tighten up.

he never showed the cards, much less bluffed if they don't pay me.

P

povelitelbz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show my cards after bluf

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general i dont show my cards, almost never to keep it real but sometimes showing cards can have a nice role on strategy but you need to know the reason you are doing and how this affect everybody game.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
10% of the time I show my bluff cards.
:5d4::9s4:

fasteddee74

fasteddee74