When you bluff, are you showing the cards later if you don't get paid?

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
what's the point of showing cards? to then catch him with a strong hand when he thinks you're bluffing? this will rarely happen, I never show it at all

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
If I want to catch a player in the future, I can do it, but it happens very, very rarely, let them guess what I have

M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I never open cards. In my opinion, this is especially stupid when bluffing. It's better to let the enemy think that I'm lucky than to let him know that I'm using a bluff.

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I show my cards in tournaments, but never show it in Cash games

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depends on the situation
there are times when it's good to show yes and let your opponents see that you are capable of bluffing
and lead them astray

N

nellorossi83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never... i m not a crazy... if the opponent wanna see, he must pay for it

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Yes, sometimes I lay my cards in poker when I bluff and if my opponent doesn't pay, I show my cards to make him very upset and think that I'm going to bluff in the future, but in the future I usually don't bluff anymore and he pays a lot thinking I'm bluffing is a good tactic

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Sometimes, after an offensive move, one or another poker player can boil over, and this must be used. Players in this state are often willing to call with a wider range of hands. Therefore, a good technique is to bluff an angry opponent and then show him your garbage cards. This will further encourage him to call weak pockets.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I never show my cards when I'm bluffing. And if I bluff, then it is most often a semi-bluff and there is no point in showing cards.

PINOY

PINOY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my card, let the villain pay for it.:cool::cool::cool:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play online, and I never show. It gives away free information not only to the player(s) in the hand, but also the rest of the table, if they pay attention. Specifically if you show bluffs, the idea is presumably to tilt the opponent, so that they will call you wider in future hands. But I kind of prefer to have opponent, who fold to much, because then I can just continue to bluff them and win many small and easy pots ;)

M

martDdart

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
NO
Chips
I never show cards,let opponents try to guess what you had it will steel their focus from future hands they are playing

Andrii Lubentsov

Andrii Lubentsov

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Sometimes I show one card from my hand.:)

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Never, as an exception, if there is a strategy to change the way we play. If you're playing looser and you show a bluff, then you're going to get aggressive with good hands to induce a call. Mix hands. Other than that, never show.

duqnuk

duqnuk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I will only show a bluff to specific opponents in certain situations. Or only shown a single card in specifics spots to shown the table I wasn't stealing pre-flop and get a bit of respect (in later stages of a tournament in this specific scenario).

I will only shown my cards to tilt a opponent or gaining respect in the table.

ztibor72

ztibor72

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
It's very rare if I judge it in such a way that I can build my image with it.

Dimidrol2

Dimidrol2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Of course, I never show my cards, otherwise my bluff will not pass, and the next time I play with those who show them, I already play.

testing826

testing826

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i show my cards any time to tilt poker players helps once in a while

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No, I think it's disrespectful and takes away my credibility at the table.

dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I never show my cards, although I often use the bluff opportunity. To do this, you have to build yourself up so that you are only a reliable 'calling station', and then you can bluff even in the most unexpected situations. Of course, if you read the hand well and the villain doesn't have a straight or flush draw because then he will go with you to the river.

IPlayToWin

IPlayToWin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
MD
Chips
Sometimes you can show your cards when you bluffing, but be carefully do not show the cards everytime when you did a bluff.
I prefer better to don't show the cards when I doing bluffing on the pre-flop, flop,turn,river or turn,river.
It's up to you just make your strategy.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
nope hardly ever show cards, i like the mystery

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Showing your cards is a tactical act. Showing after everyone else folds needs tos erve a purpose. If it doesn't, it is giving away information needlessly. I only show to achoeve specific results. For example, if I'm trying to convince people that I am a straight arrow and non-bluffer, I might show a nutty hand at an appropriate time. If I have won via a bluff and I want to put someone on tilt, I might show them the bluff they just caved in against. But genreally, the stakes/levels I play at, it is just not helpful to give away this free information.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think we do not must show your card when you bluffs and be happy when you win in this situation