What is the worst mistake that a poker player can make ?

gjwalk

gjwalk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The absolute worst mistake a Poker player can make? Muck the winning hand. Yes, I've seen it done by professionals.

A

AsusTeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake was to have that favorite hands, mine was J9s .... lost a lot of it ... I now see that there is not the best or the worst hands ... but know plays with with received hands

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake was to have that favorite hands, mine was J9s .... lost a lot of it ... I now see that there is not the best or the worst hands ... but know plays with with received hands

Our J and 9 and I today in the poker school had almost 8,000 players have been eliminated in the last letter J and J in hand and finished fifth. Then I went with the money to invest in a satellite pro sunday Storn and was again eliminated by J and J in hand by A and A. A disaster Dee Jay Jay

A

AsusTeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately I see players doing wrong is slowplayer ... many do not examine the board properly and end up losing

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The worst thing in my humble opinion (and the mistake me myself make a lot) is to call good, or even bad cards, in hope for a good flop/turn/river even when the odds are really small. Sometimes you can get lucky, but most of the time you will end up losing your hand and thus losing your chips.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
errors always different, and most of the players know their
errors but repeat them))) I like always
win MTT

Last edited:
rohankamble9

rohankamble9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
worst mistake for a beginner will be bluffing unnecessarily and playing every hand in a tournament

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The biggest mistake a player can make is not folding. Poker players live in denial and just call with a hand that they know is beat instead of asking what can I really beat?

doarrazva

doarrazva

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the biggest mistake is not being honest with yourself ( example: its not my fault,i was just unlucky in this 100 tournaments or 10k cash games)

S

stone_d

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not realising that they suck at the game

D3STR0Y3RaJ

D3STR0Y3RaJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My usually mistakes is inattantion(

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst psychologically is playing poorly near the bubble. Trying to be the hero and getting busted feels awful. You'll think about it for a long time. The bubble is for patience unless your a big stack

R

ritehere

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well over thinking your hand is a problem by itself. Stick to the basics. Bet,win, repeat.

cellait

cellait

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion is play many hands ... play drunk ... with the head in other place...

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Paying off the NITS!!!

Please pay your local nits.

I'm not a super nitty player but whenever I play my local card room at least one person points out how nitty I am and STILL calls me down and sees they lost the hand.

W

worf1st

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. The drawing too many hands
2. The game against bankroll management
3. Unreasonable bluff
4. Slowplay
5. Playing out of position
6. Neglect stakes opponents
7. Inability to fold
8. Login to the game called with premium hands
9. Coloring hoping to "catch" a weak draw
10. Drawing clearly dominated hands

Y

yurok42

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lots of tables and does not focus on any game atopilote lead to zero

Erpherk

Erpherk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
theres a lot of good examples above. 1 of my mistakes is if i'm semi bluffing into a pot and i don't get there, i force myself to make a play or jam on the river cause the pot is to big by that point. someday i will fix this =P

Joken23

Joken23

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The worst mistake that you can make is to have fear to play a hand because you are thinking about losing money you spent in that tournament or table instead of thinking in real things that matter to make a logic decision.

B

bstest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a repeating calling station with hands that need alot of help. A couple of plays is fine, but if you find yourself expecting to win on miracle flops on a regular basis, you will find your stack dwindling to the point where you have little to no fold equity.

K

kapos77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
play in a drunken state !)non-compliance with your bankroll