What is the worst mistake that a poker player can make ?

P

PW300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Another mistake I make is paying Omaha and Omaha hi-lo at the same time. If I'm multi-tabling and playing both of these at the same time, I have in the past got the tables mixed up when I've not been concentrating.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing but not knowing the math side of poker.

Ah mathematics as you betray me like this !
quiz-matematica1-298.gif

Fratchen

Fratchen

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
IMO the biggest mistakes are getting tilt and getting scant value from monsterhands.

vinnie

vinnie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Another mistake I make is paying Omaha and Omaha hi-lo at the same time. If I'm multi-tabling and playing both of these at the same time, I have in the past got the tables mixed up when I've not been concentrating.

Maybe this isn't the biggest mistake a new player is likely to make, but I've done this. I eventually just stopped playing PLO/8 (at least for the time being), because I kept playing the wrong hands at the wrong table.

Farseer

Farseer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People in general tend to concentrate on their weaknesses and not using their strong knowledge in some parts of poker. Also, overestimating opponents is a bad way: most usually if you try to play very highly specializied games like light 4-bet bluffs again fish or average player you just go busto (in tournaments).

R

renatoAD

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are several errors , but I as a dealer , I think the worst thing a player can do at a poker table and swearing , fighting with the dealer for the letters he gets , the dealer does not have any fault , he gets the cards and should know what they do with the cards you receive! and not blaming who is working

M

mrbassboy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Maybe raise a lot if you have below a flush and 3 cards with the same colour appear on the deck.

7svetoslav

7svetoslav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that a player could make alot of mistakes, each with a different size in the different situations. It depends on alot of things.

For example, one same mistake can cost different amounts of chips, depending of the players choice and the choices of the other opponents. The factors are alot.

Im trying to say that the small mistake could be a big in some cases and the oppositely: big mistake, could be smaller in the different situations.

K

kozong

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when started playing poker my biggest mistake is lack of positional awareness & not knowing a good poker odds :D

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think folding to sitters is the worst mistake

T

TargetLion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Loosing control of your bankroll, gambling and upsence of descipline!

R

Running Nose II

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So many. Playing on after your Loss Limit is reached. Playing on when you know you are beaten. Playing on after the flop when your hand did not improve Playing on tilt.

ElUsuario

ElUsuario

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me the worst mistake is not follow my instincts

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Underestimate any player and the worst ever: TILT

gardin555

gardin555

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The bankroll is important to control it, have discipline, do not play tired to have a focused mind, do not underestimate the villain and your game is not predictable.
And much more...
:rolleyes:

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'd go with chasing losses. See too many people try to win back their money right away after taking a tough loss.

S

SNOOPIDAO

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A game plan is essential to have better chances to win

Samuel Lee

Samuel Lee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing while you are on tilt is the worst mistake you can do. You are literally going to pay for it.

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
it is clear that the game with a lot of hands is detrimental to the bankroll, and write good or bad starting hands to play is not possible, have each their own, depending on your skills, so that the thought is deep but not perfect

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not valuing your cards correctly. Those of you who can not fold a big pair post flop and those of you who have more outs than you are aware of would fit in the category