JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dorkus Malorkus said:
My tip is 'don't listen to this'.

Much agree with this statement. Another one is You cant win a tournament on round 1......etc.

stretch833

stretch833

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't second guess yourself. If you thought it was right at the time, so be it, but don't let it cloud your vision the next time.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4) Luck never gives, it just lends.
3) Top Pair Top Kicker gives implied odds, it doesn't get them.
2) Suited cards are like the same car with a better paint job.
and the number one greatest poker tip.
1) Watch out who you take advice from.
AmadorEd said:
The only rule i go by is, Big cards are not garanteed winners, Slow play them unless you are Headsup.
shortstacked said:
slow play AK as much as you can it SHOULD pay off for ya
hothands19 said:
i have found out that when you are playing online poker and you have aces and someone in front of you has raised the big blind go ahead and go all in and they will usually call and its a very good way to double up

MackemMan

MackemMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Play the players as well as the cards....take notes constantly.

MackemMan

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't take a big man to pull a trigger.

This is something I found out, outside of poker but still bodes well as advice inside the game in tournament play.

Don't necessarily assume a small stack moving all-in, in early and middle rounds is not holding premium cards.

W

Wlokos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When the flop comes down, you shouldn't be looking at the cards. Look at everybody else first, to try and spot any tells that they may give off while learning what hands they've gotten.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't go all in PF on first hand of tourney.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you really want to get reads pay attention to these 4 people. This is especially true live.

Watch the two to your left. That is where you make your money because you have position.
Watch the two to your right. That is where most of you money will go because they have position on you.

titans4ever

titans4ever

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok, I must have been smoking weed while sippin whisky through my crack pipe. I reversed the rules. Guess that is why I suck at poker, lol.

If you really want to get reads pay attention to these 4 people. This is especially true live.

Watch the two to your left. That is where most of you money will go because they have position on you.
Watch the two to your right. That is where you make your money because you have position on them.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is no such thing as "Pot committed " if you know you may have lost the hand, FOLD!!!!!:cool:

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
over here for those who forgot

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With one exception, it's always correct to limp from the SB in heads-up play - you're getting odds to call with any hand. The exception is that your opponent has aggressively raised your limp several times, making limping actually a bad play.

F

Freakakanus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Listen zahta..........the passwords for the freerolls which you will are obviously looking for will arrive soon. Don't get your panties in an uproar. What else do you need help with? I guess he needed so much help he didn't want to stick around. He was at the bottom of the page when i posted this. It's starting early, good luck mods. and delete these posts as they have nothing to do with poker tips. thx!

Last edited:
zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good grief, can anybody delete this whore from this fine thread.

H

HackedOff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Top Tips

The amount of bad decisions made, increase with the amount of beer, cider and Jack Daniel's (the drink and not the cardschat guru of course) taken during a game. Betting into a raised pre flop pot 'cause your hand looks pretty (usually suited in my case) is an example bad decision. All thoughts of pot odds and position go out of the window.

zinzan1000

zinzan1000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AHHHHH! No not me Zinzan!!! You know how JQ loves the ban button!

Ha, yes Freak I know only to well how much JQ likes playing with her buttons:D .

P.S.....No not you Freak:)

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Viewing the playboy channel helps keep the boredom to a minimum while not in a hand.

SHERMSTICK

SHERMSTICK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You Decide

How to win consistently by following the 80/20 rule
In the game of online poker, 20% of the players win 80% of the profits in the long term. The foundation of poker is the starting hand. In order to win consistently in a ring game full table), you should see about 20% of the flops (+/- 2%). If you force yourself to see 20% of the flops, you will find yourself playing very tight with premium starting hands.
Below is a quick chart to help you rank starting hands.

GroupStarting Hands AA KK (Always raise pre-flop).QQ JJ AKs (Always raise pre-flop) AK AQs AJs KQs (Always 2 bet/call)AQ 99 ATs KJs QJs KTs (Late position, Use judgment) AJ KQ QTs A9s JTs AT A8s (Late position, Use judgment),KJ 77 QJ KT QT JT A7s K9s Q9s T9s J9s (Late position, Use judgment),66 55 44 33 22 A5s A6s A4s A3s A2s (Late position, Use judgment),A9 K9 98s 87s 76s Kxs(?) T8s(?) 97s(?) 86s(?) 54s(?)

P.S. Picked up from a buddy

SHERMSTICK:cool:

Last edited:
JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey a007jax. You already put 3 threads on this and a post in the "100 Greatest Poker Tips". Maybe a tip would be better? Back on track though. "An aggressive game is a winning game".

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In Heads Up it's not what you have but what your opponent thinks you have.

I

imangelic

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its not only how many hands you win that make you win a tourny. I have won tournys by fold fold and only won few hands. But with those hands i have doubled or more my chipstack. Most important for me is :
1. Be patient, wait for a good hand. Dont play crap.
2. Dont put money into a pot if you dont have anything. Chasing for cards will often leave you with less chips than b4
3. Concentrate on the hand you are playing, dont think about previous cards.
4. when im not sure to call after f.ex big raise i fold. I know how much chips i got never what i will get.
5. Dont hesitate to fold if your cards dont come on the board.

To play realy good poker and win is always boring. It shud be atleast. Becouse you fold 95 % of your hands. So when you think you are bored then you know you play good poker. LOL

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tournaments arent won in the first hour!!

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
*****OK folks! After eliminating repeats, etc., we have 63 tips on the tentative list right now. Let's keep going and try to read them all before posting so you don't repeat a tip already shared.

Poker Tips