Chips
make sure you have a good bottle of hair color to cover all the grey. LOL

DaR1287

DaR1287

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you lose a pot, do not think about the entire pot as the amount that you are losing, just think about the amount you put in.

Another thing is, when you are playing online and you have noticed that some guy has been raising every hand pre-flop, let him take down the blinds for a few hands and he will think he is unstoppable with his strategy. Just play a lot tighter, then nail him to the wall when you have a solid hand in the pocket pre-flop.

DaR1287

DaR1287

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
People in late position have the ability to influence the size of the pot much more than those in early position.

P

Phlegm Wad

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you arrive at the final table with either the 2nd or 3rd highest stack, DO NOT engage the chip leader without the nuts until 1/3 of the table has been eliminated. Play against the other stacks.

skoldpadda

skoldpadda

Caveman Eye Surgeon
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have the nuts on the river and are first to act, bet out. Don't try fancy play of check raise -- get value for your hand.

C

CallMeBaby

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
best tip

The best tip I ever got was "any two cards can win". I used to be a really tight player but now I think it's a mistake to wait for that premium hand if you get to see the flop cheap enough.

A55A55IN

A55A55IN

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
10 Poker Rules My Dad Taught Me

A few of these were covered in earlier posts. It's just wrong to ME not to have them all together. So here are the 10 rules my dad taught me when i was first learning to play in the 80's. "Almost every other rule you learn from someone else will be variations or combinations of these", he told me. After looking at the ones on this thread so far, I can't really argue with him.

1. Poker player = liar. Though this does not mean they lie ALL the time.
2. You can raise with anything but you can't call with anything.
3. Patience pays.
4. Raise. Callers lose.
5. Position (button).
6. Position (stack).
7. Position (attitude).
8. God rewards gamblers and fools. The crucial thing, when you win, is knowing which you were.
9. There is no such thing as "social gambling". Either you're there to cut out the heart of the other bloke and eat it, or you're a sucker. If you don't like the choice, don't gamble.
10. Rules are made to be broken. Just remember that getting caught has a cost, often large.

Poker Tips