(The Unofficial) CC's 100 Greatest Poker Tips

gord962

gord962

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't throw good money after bad. Don't keep throwing money in the pot because you already have a put a bunch in there. If you know you are beat, just fold.

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slight side-track, but in a standard Tarot deck there is no Spades suit - it's Cups, Batons/Wands, Swords and Pentacles/Coins... and none of the Aces traditionally mean death. Even the Death Major Arcana means transformation and change (the death or ending of a current situation) as much as literal death...

WITCH! :eek: :rolleyes: I'm not going to lie, I didn't do much research on that . lol

polingpower

polingpower

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MAKE sure you are READY 2 PLAY .. turn the phone off tv.. ect .. nice cubby hole away from everybody is not a bad ideal. KIDS. WIFE. makes a big diffence

P.S. the time 2 play also i see so many people on line say they got 2 go :D

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pot odds must beat your winning odds for your decision to be mathematically correct

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must have a monster hand to overcall.

Heads-up, bluffs are more convincing out of first position.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't give implied odds with big pocket pairs. They're monster hands, but of course they can be beat and you need to know when they are.

J

jrossa

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Always play for a certain time period rather than for a particular amount as you will keep on playing if you have an amount in mind.

don8ions

don8ions

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always look for a reason to fold.

Otherwise, position position position, and patience patience patience will get you into the money

whyareunvs

whyareunvs

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay Attention

Predictable play will kill you. If someone attentive gets a feel for how you play then you're toast. The opposite holds true that you should punish people that play predictably (in other words most of the people at Titan)

Gizzi315

Gizzi315

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's better to fold a winning had than to call with second best.

L

Leaf_Pacos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
More or less, if you miss the flop altogether, get out. Unless your at a REALLY weak table (or are heads up and can possibly bluff), chances are somebody has hit it.

Coryan

Coryan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best Tournament Advice I EVER HEARD

A fold is only a small mistake.

And I can't resist another...72o is NOT the worse hand in poker, the worse hand is the second best hand at showdown!

P

pidepiper

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If theres an Ace on the flop,90% of the time there is a straight draw...

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(About 40 tips so far. Let's keep it going. Need more from the regulars. To bump it up, here's a big one I just learned: )

Most people shouldn't play drunk or buzzed. Alcohol tends to limit discipline.

Jesus Lederer

Jesus Lederer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chuck already said it, but i love the solemn oath by Bill:

"I will not go broke with one pair, (unless its prelop)
I will work on pot control, and being willing to toss these hands early, if the pot appears to be growing unmanagable.
I will be willing to jeaprodize my entire stack on a set or better.
An open ended straight with a flush draw.
An open ender or flush draw with one pair.

Tptk and over pairs, give implied odds, they dont get them. I realize that one pair is a long term loser, and promise to never go broke after the flop with them.
If a donk will stack off pre flop i will commit all of my chips."

joosebuck

joosebuck

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bill seems to be on a hiatus as of late :(

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Big bluffs at low limits are a good way to cripple on your own stack, because you'll get called down by people with mediocre hands that are better than yours

T

tucum

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep focused and dont be affraid to fold even the small blind if you dont think you can win be patient your time will come

H8POKER

H8POKER

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i've been finding that being a new guy on a new site, they really like to stick it to you and deal you shit. It's wrong, my skill level should allow me to win, win, win.

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
(Since this thread doesn't qualify as a sticky and I keep finding it on the 3rd page of the "Poker General" section, I'll have to add another one that helped me a lot. Let's keep it going and get to 100! MORE REGULARS NEED TO POST THEIR FIRST ONE! Even if you don't think you are a poker expert, just a tip that has helped you the most and isn't here yet. C'MON! DON"T BE SHY! Don't make me start begging or posting names!)

To call a bluff, you must be able to beat a bluff. Even if you know someone is bluffing, Ace-high won't beat bottom pair of 3's.

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
dont get so excited that your draw hits that you dont realize the board and that someone might have hit a better hand

brutus

brutus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if behind in chip count at the final table dont take extra risks to make up the chips because next hand someone might get put out and now youve moved up a spot. so dont go chasing just fold it and live to fight another hand.

RiverNoHelp

RiverNoHelp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't be afraid to call a small raise with suited connectors in a multi-way pot..

Poker Tips