Showing cards

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In most situations I would prefer to hide my cards whenever possible. I don't want to give off any information unless I think I can use it to my own advantage later.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Most of the time i do not show my cards. If i do show, maybe 1 of 100 hands, it will only be showing a bluff hand, not a strong hand. I dont know why I do this, I feel , maybe, its because I want people to think I am a loose player, when I am really a nit.

lucas24

lucas24

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not like the showdown, I do not think the rival change your game by the fact of having shown the cards. I prefer not to give any information, and if they have to see my cards to be alone in the showdown.

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have on the PokerStars disabled the feature that shows all cards at showdown, sometimes you forget about it and I want to show the opponent cards, as I outplayed )), click the mouse on the map and they don't move.

On pokerstars it doesn't matter what you have selected, they (and you) can always hit the "Previous Hand" and see what they (or you) had.

The only difference is if it's shows "In real time" and for all the table, or if you need to click that in order to see it.

B

Brawo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show my cards purposely. When I play life I do it sometimes, because I can use it in the future, every my decison has matter. Angry opponents are rare unpredictable, but most of time they will make a mistakes.

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will show a bluff if I think it will put you on tilt.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not show when I bluff, I think this does not give me an advantage, and as you said, it will only increase the ego at the table. Poker is an information game, and the less information you give your opponent, the better.

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever show your cards to show a tight table that you are bluffing so that they call more?

I remember doing this once when I played a couple of year ago but I noticed that it activated my ego or something and I did not get the result I expected.

Do you use this and what are your recommendations on if anyone should use this?

I never show cards, they can know your range of play. How do you sometimes decide to bluff, but once every many

Crispoker540

Crispoker540

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show mi hand! so they cant know our range

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will never show my cards, unless i would like to confuse my opponent. Or to put him on tilt if i get a good bluff on him.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
I would like to know the opinion of the forum colleagues about revealing the cards in ShowDown or even when you win a hand. Are you for or against?I never show my cards because I understand that I end up giving tips on the way I play, when I bet and especially when I bluff, but there are a lot of people who think differently. I would like to know the opinions and justifications of all. Thank you!

Hi
I would show depending on the position in a tourney.
In the later stages yez, but at the start no.

In cash also variation is best.
Show a bluff and show a nut hand.
To confuse your opponents.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
It really depends on the situation. If it was a tight show down and just barely squeezed by - then yeah I'll show to let them know they played well but missed their card. Sometimes it helps to discourage folks too from calling the next time around when you might be bluffing.;)

Hey
That my style of thinking too.

Confuse them so they dont stereo type you as a loose or tight player.

Allows you to play a wider range.

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
El mejor consejo es utilizar la idea de mostrar las cartas cuando sea una mano excelente y usarlas para nuestra ventaja en un bloff porque cada jugador que observa los tipos de movimientos que realiza y la constante es y varía en su juego, ellos no esperarán en ningún momento, ya que la idea que tendrán es que tengan una buena mano o que estén cometiendo errores, por lo que recomendaría mostrar solo algunas veces para evitar saber cómo es realmente su juego.

Asi es la verdad.

Show some good hands and show some bluffs too.

Mix it up. :):(:D

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your every action must have a specific goal. Ask yourself what will happen if you show your cards? I like the free style of play, which means a lot of bluffing, and from time to time I have to show my cards to confuse my opponents. This is a good trick for a game with novice players, they fall into the trap when they see my bluff, not realizing that I’m just luring them. This leads to the fact that I completely lose the trust at the table, and when I have a good hand, players do not believe me and make expensive call.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never shows my cards. Opponents dont need t know if im bluffing or playing agressive with strong or low cards. Thats the point of poker.

adriantempo

adriantempo

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
If you are very loose and aggressive you can show your cards. Otherwise it won't have much effect.

Also, don't show a semi-bluff. If you bluff with 72o, it's ok.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If I'am running hot I like to show a bluff once in awhile to keep
them guessing?

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't show a bluff to a table of tight players. I would rather keep picking off pots letting them fold. If anything I would show them my good hands so they question themselves when they do want to call.

I would show my bluffs against a tight player when there are lots of calling stations. I would hope that by doing so, I would encourage those other players to feel more comfortable calling me since I am never going to bluff them but want them to think its a possibility.

Tvorets

Tvorets

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not show the card to the enemy. Information costs money.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I very rarely show my cards have to pay to see.

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards .. without exception.

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can show cards if you want to act on opponent`s nerves )))

VictorOd

VictorOd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't show cards and don't like to play mind games though I understand they are profitable.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never showed a tight table a bluff in order for them to call me more. Even if they did start calling me a bit more, I don't feel they would open up their range enough that I would see additional value. I would likely just get picked off more.

I would however show my monster hands to encourage them to play even tighter in hopes of picking off more hands.

Th only time I show a bluff against a tight player is if I have a bunch of loose passives at my table. I know that overall I am going to avoid that one tight player as the money will come from the loose players. I will show the bluff to try to make them think "I should have stayed in and I would have beat him" and hope this helps pay me off even more on the good hands I play against them.

I find its much easier to encourage a players natural tendencies than it is to make a player play opposite of them.

Mati1265

Mati1265

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Never show

I think that is better not showing your card because you are giving more information to your rivals.