Showing cards

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer not to show my cards, it gives your opponents so many extra information about your style of playing / bluffing skills / etc.

C

chiefmax

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do this but very rarely. It seems like a logical thing to do but if your playing at a tight table why not keep stealing and letting them fold? Once you show a few bluffs you then have to tighten up and not bluff anymore for that strategy to be effective and then you cant steal as often anymore.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont like to get involved in these mind games and leveling wars. So I always muck my cards, and I also pretty much ignore it, if another player show a bluff. The fact, he was bluffing, does not mean, he is also bluffing next time, or the opposite.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a good trick to show you're bluffing sometimes. To break the Bank with a strong card without bluffing.

ldw22

ldw22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very rarely show my cards if opponents haven't paid for that info, but there are exceptions. One example happened in a game last night, I was chip leader on the bubble of a sitngo, two of my opponents had shove-or-fold size stacks and everyone folded pre-flop to me in the BB, so I showed them I had 2 9 offsuit! In that spot, I didn't give any info away about my own ranges or playing styles, but let them know they'd missed a good spot for a shove!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi 123cards321! I think in the every occasion depends from specific opponents
for the table: I mean, how do You good know them possible reactions on your
actual actions... This means only one: that to be successful in this situations,
need, by my opinion, to do more notes on your opponents. Than more is more better!
I'm yourself so do. Then can will more easy feel and count possible replying actions
your opponents...:cool:

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i used to show often last 2 weeks im showing nothing unless the software shows on own have everything auto right now is working out honestly..... im still winning same as was with the shows..... giving people ammo might not be best decision I liked to do it in past and this is new to me but still winning so cant say its not a good thing to not show....

K

Kraanjhb7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never show. But I do laugh when guys show their cards after everyone folded. Or they make all fold then show. There should be a ask to show button.

lanelane

lanelane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes I show, but only winning cards, bluffs never.
If someone shows the cards after the bluff, I don't think it is a tactic.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Used to always show the cards. But now I do not show, because I do not want to reveal my tactics and strategy.

U

Unbustable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey I would try to only show if you think it might throw them off their game.. like make them mad or start questioning their actions. Also if you are the type to only bluff like once in an entire match or something then yes it would work in that way as well. Generally I wouldn't show unless you have too.. when it's a bet by them and you call on the river always let them show first. Na mean

G

ggteam2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did that few times. But i don't think that it is matter afterall - if you strong poker player that thing should not affect you i guess.

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think show map only in cash games, tournaments belong more responsibly

B

brazilpescador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever show your cards to show a tight table that you are bluffing so that they call more?

I remember doing this once when I played a couple of year ago but I noticed that it activated my ego or something and I did not get the result I expected.

Do you use this and what are your recommendations on if anyone should use this?

I would show if the guy was an easy tilting player
:D:D:D:D:D

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will occasionally show my cards. And that is when I bluff with total crap and the guy folds. I do it just to tick off other players. I get a real rush and a laugh out of it
when it works for me..But its not funny when I get caught..LOL

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
oh no I don't show
if you want to see, then call

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards, personally I do not believe does anything for you and makes you look like an amateur. Someone showing there cards means nothing to me and it does not effect my future play against him. That being said said, some people show there cards after a fold in a tight hard fought win. The ones that constant show one card before folding, why. Are you telling us it was a great fold or that you do not have the gonads to play, just asking. We all play differently showing is just not for me.

P

praevus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont like to show my cards, if they want see my cards they need pay to see.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I show a bluff to a really aggressive player I know is overplaying his. Then he knows I know and he will slow down.

wyoming4paul

wyoming4paul

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I show my cards when I feel it has value to me, or I have a Royal Flush. Depends if showing will help with the persona you are trying to convey.