Showing cards

123cards321

123cards321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever show your cards to show a tight table that you are bluffing so that they call more?

I remember doing this once when I played a couple of year ago but I noticed that it activated my ego or something and I did not get the result I expected.

Do you use this and what are your recommendations on if anyone should use this?

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"... I noticed that it activated my ego or something..."
this is the part you should focus on. you think that I think the same way as you do. so that if you show me a bluff i will call your next all-in for 40bb+ with A2o and I will not while your thinking that you are master exploiter/abuser =)
I recently played a bit than my avarege BI and had a guy marked crusher beacuse most of the stremers I watched have him marked as than.... if I did not know better, by the way he played I woul think he is the most disgusting NIT i've seen in a while, go figure LUL

L

levidoff

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes show my cards.
It depends on the opponents and the dynamics of the game at the table.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you ever show your cards to show a tight table that you are bluffing so that they call more?

I remember doing this once when I played a couple of year ago but I noticed that it activated my ego or something and I did not get the result I expected.

Do you use this and what are your recommendations on if anyone should use this?

I usually do not show my cards, I prefer not to try to play with the mind of my opponents because that usually fails and turns against me

AlexBlefer

AlexBlefer

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I uncover the card when when I decide to wait for the right hand and then pay me a salary thinking that I have nothing .;)

TudorPithon

TudorPithon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Sometimes I show my cards when my opponent also shows and when I think It will not influence my game

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
showing the cards will only give more information to your opponents to play against you because you will know that you played that hand in a certain way. I do not show any hands.

roterdama

roterdama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Shhow cards

Yes , i sometimes show cards but when i blef and i want a player go tilt :icon_santBut sometimes i show only one card! Good luck at tables beter dont show cards !:icon_sant

R

rudy988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show cards to my opponents , I'd rather see question marks above their head while asking me all kind of questions in order to get as much info as they can.

Not today bro lol ;)

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not show your cards, even when you're bluffing, it's going to get a lot to your game later)

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is not recommended to show these cards because it gives too much information to your opponents. I do it rarely and when it is the case it is to show a very good game to benefit from a good image within The goal is not to encourage others to pay your bets, but to scare them into throwing their cards for your next bluff.

mc grindah

mc grindah

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If I'm big stack I will sometimes show a bad hand to a very short stack jammin, I never show bluffs or made hands because its just giving people at the table information on how you bet if they've been paying attention.

V

valanddon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
when I have been betting big and have the nuts, if they fold I like to show my cards so bluffing them next time is making them think a little.

M

Millie232

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Online, I never show cards. I have it set to muck them by default because more often than not I'm playing to win and don't want to give away free information. It's also just less to think about. In real life, though, I'm usually playing more for fun than to make money, so I'll often show a bluff or even a loss. I'd rather have a laugh with everybody at the table than increase EV by like 0.3% by not showing.

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You have to be an expert player to know exactly when to show and who to show to. It's a very difficult skill to master so I will always muck because the advantage you could gain is usually very small.

Serkish

Serkish

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always muck cards, you don't want your opponent to have ANY info on you that can backfire. If they ask me what I had, I just tell them "2 Cards"

TheDude6622

TheDude6622

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never show my cards. That is giving away free information.

andreyutzFCD

andreyutzFCD

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I often show what I have but depends also on the stage I am in a tournament for example. I like this

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash Or Tourneys , I refrain from showing. you are giving way to much info. Even if it gets 1 guy riled up and pissed off you've giving the rest of that tourney table Info So yeah you've put someone on tilt but now you've put yourself in bad position to bluff down the road. I prefer to let their imagination put them on tilt , they can do more damage to themselves.

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I do show quite a bit for a reason. You figure that out!

J

John bruce

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to showa good fold. Sometimes hoping they show theirs so I can get some info. That's about the only time. I never show bluffs unless guy is a butt. Then it's just me trying to get into his head. Seldom works.

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I many times so did this action brings the opponent and he begins to make the wrong decision.

G

gryphon3005

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is all about information so, no, I would never give my opponents any information about me or my play. When you showed your bluff what were you thinking would happen? That they would call you when you had the nuts? That doesn't happen that often so maybe you want to bluff some more before the nut hand arrives. Only now you're concerned they will call your bluff...kind of a self-defeating move.

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is all about information so, no, I would never give my opponents any information about me or my play. When you showed your bluff what were you thinking would happen? That they would call you when you had the nuts? That doesn't happen that often so maybe you want to bluff some more before the nut hand arrives. Only now you're concerned they will call your bluff...kind of a self-defeating move.

I think poker it is the Game for first and if my opponent was playing really impressive I could show him my cards. For what ?? Because it is pleasure when you and other players see a really good game.

But maybe because of this, I haven't won any tournament ((