Poker Odds Calculator

W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How does the poker odds calculator work?

Hello. I've seen several discussions of preflop odds and I'd like to know how the odds calculator on cards chat works. When we put in AKs vs 22 where one of the 2s is the same suite, then it'll say the 2s are favored. If we put in AKs and the 2s are of different suites than the AK suite, the AK is slightly favored.

How did the calculator calculate the odds?
And how was the calculator made?

Thanks

Edit: How come they moved my odds question here and left all the other ones out in the main forum :s Drat.

Last edited:
W

WizardRubic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How did the calculator calculate the odds?
And how was the calculator made?

Based on the first few posts, it looks like it's just random simulations?
I.e. we give 2 players the cards, then run through 8 billion different random community combinations?

Anyone know what the sample size is at? Sounds like Nick revamped it based on one of the post he made on the first page so I'm sure it's adequate. Just curious. Don't really need an answer since I guess no one looks in here :p

Thanks anyway

A

agusswim

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont understand how i calculate odd, can you explain me please.

M

malucado4545

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
staff always had doubts and calculating odds. someone explain to me and teach me how to use the calculator

A

Akwild

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
any 2 cards

Ok. nick..
I understand the odds thing..
but do people always play the odds. .
if so how does Doyle Brunson win with 10 -2 Mega Bucks??

Playing heads up any 2 cards can win,, especially if you are in BB and do not have to put more chips into pot.

redcross

redcross

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love it when other people rely so much on an odds calculator. It's like riding a bike with training wheel. It's good at first but you need to move on. Learn ballpark odds and start learning to read situations and factor in odds on your own. I see some people who will always check with odds calculator. You aren't playing poker at that point just odds and you overlook so much.

J

jancika77

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can card chat offer odds calculator for Omaha H/L? I Hate / Love that game.

D

DFernando07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello would like to know more about odds, anyone can help me improve my game?

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do you have some tutorial for these odds calculator or is it very easy to use that tool?

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
There's a video on the odds calculator page explaining how to use it.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you, i will check it right now! I really need to understand it.

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Online Poker Calculator

I have been reading about the Odds Calculator. I have never used one but considering downloading it just to try it out. Just curious if anyone uses one, or has used one with good results. :)

N

nichka33

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calculator that you mention it really helps in the game?

And what else have programs that increase the chance of the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MichaelFoerster

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play these game only in free times, it is really good to have this poker odds calculator, these is very good option for a new player and it is a modern technology, by this calculator you can learn the strategies that you can apply while playing original poker.

estefanetti

estefanetti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All players uses this tipe of programs ?

I never uses it but i should

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doyle Brunson

Ok. nick..
but do people always play the odds. .
if so how does Doyle Brunson win with 10 -2 Mega Bucks??

Hey Groupmoney.

From what I understand about reading articles and on TV, Doyle Brunson does not use odds calculators. His strength lays in his ability to take good reads on the other players. I don't know how he would do on online poker, where he can not see the other players.

One of the complaints that old timers have, is the fact that the younger generation of young, hotshot players, don't depend on the read, as they do calculating odds.

Good luck,

mange1234 (mike)

Z

zgaiba23

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but do people always play the odds???

mange1234

mange1234

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odd Calculator

Hey new poker players,

I have been sitting here playing with the Odds Calculator on Cardschat. And, it is definitely a devise you want to use, and research to improve your poker skills. And, get an idea what you are getting into when making a bet or calling a hand.

I found it very interesting. For example, for Pocket AAs, check out if one or more players call your bet. You will be surprised how the odds of winning drop with multi-callers.

Just thought I would share with you.

mike

Steffel

Steffel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey new poker players,

I have been sitting here playing with the Odds Calculator on Cardschat. And, it is definitely a devise you want to use, and research to improve your poker skills. And, get an idea what you are getting into when making a bet or calling a hand.

I found it very interesting. For example, for Pocket AAs, check out if one or more players call your bet. You will be surprised how the odds of winning drop with multi-callers.

Just thought I would share with you.

mike

Absolutely I have used it many times while looking back through my hand history. I have found a few places that I actually should have called instead of folding because my odds were better than I thought.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First time I stumbled upon this thread and I'm glad to have seen this! Thanks a lot CardsChat! :)

jazzaxe

jazzaxe

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is nice to know the odds of completing your hand, but that does not effectively measure the play without a break even analysis of the odds that the pot is giving you and measuring the difference

Poker Odds Calculator Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator