Poker Odds Calculator

D

Dagano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Groupmoney.

From what I understand about reading articles and on TV, Doyle Brunson does not use odds calculators. His strength lays in his ability to take good reads on the other players. I don't know how he would do on online poker, where he can not see the other players.

One of the complaints that old timers have, is the fact that the younger generation of young, hotshot players, don't depend on the read, as they do calculating odds.

Good luck,

mange1234 (mike)

But he played millions of hands, hes brain an oddscalculator and tracking sofware...

veronica

veronica

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds calculator is a gram aid until it does we need ... there are times when the odds are forgotten and do not appear

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They used to have in game odds calculators that would track player stats and opponent stats. Any recommendations for those?

D

doca15

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always see that people dont pley like they shoot bee.. whay is that.. are they hope luck all the time...??

F

fodje

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow,it's a nive calculator with a beautiful interface. I'm always use stuff like this :)

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Odds Calculator hurts my game!

I tried using this useful tool but to my dismay my luck got terrible or I made stupid plays or both. I will have to learn how to use it to my advantage instead of to my detriment. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use it correctly? Thanks for any help.

Sil3ntness

Sil3ntness

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like how some of the in game odds calculator gives you dead outs (sarcasm alert). You have to consider someone having a set, two pair, or an overpair for example. You may be drawing to an over card that will actually do more damage than good.

I like to put my opponents on a hand range before I start calculating my odds & outs. Tightening up your hand range can help you reduce dead outs and improve your win % and pot odds %.

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can anyone provide a listing of in game odds calculators?

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They used to have in game odds calculators that would track player stats and opponent stats. Any recommendations for those?

Can anyone provide a listing of in game odds calculators?

Not sure exactly what you mean offhand, are you referring to third-party tracking sites like sharkscope? Or something similar that tracks cash game history, such as ptr used to do for various sites (not sure if they still do but last I checked they wern't on some sites i had a look for).

Player and opponent stats tracking in game would sound like you are referring to the use of a hud, but this is not an odds calculator which is why I am a little confused as to what it is your actually looking for.

Perhaps it's something like pokerstove that your wondering about which would provide odds based on millions of hands as to your hand holding up in situations or your equity to hit your hand which can be used to determine if getting the correct price to call etc....many such tools can't be used while also running poker sites as they are against the T&C, and are mainly used for hand analysis during review.

If you could be a little clearer in what your referring to, or someone correct me if I'm just not completely understanding the question, then I'm sure I'd be able to give a clearer answer.

army-ninja

army-ninja

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think I am referring to a hud with a percentage tracker of how many times the cards being played would win or when playing limit, what percentage of time should you call fold or bet...

the last one I had in 2008 was a tool that would read the chat and put it into a hud and would see how well I was playing, how well others were playing, etc...

I like to see the odds and the stats of how I am doing though...

Last edited by a moderator:
A

annvr71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
do not mind the ods calculater, just play on your skills

J

jusmartin

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
These calculators huds etc I imagine get live players worried about Google glasses ;) I've never used one of these calculators and believe if your going purely on odds and that's it maybe roulette is more your game, on the other hand this is a great tool to start learning learning hands and possibilities, we don't want to rely on the machines just yet! :)

badboyboat

badboyboat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The odds are important(no doubt) but be sure and get an idea about the quality of your competition. A good player will put the odds in perspective with the total table atmosphere. I try and play lite for a few orbits just to get a read on what the table is like and then start applying odds in the right spots.

R

rainbowracer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
odds calculater

can sombody tell me how ican dowlood the calculater in the artikel jou roadt
ore some other programme.
bvd
thanks

gr rainbowracer:withstupi:santaclau:hello::cool:

jus7_play3r

jus7_play3r

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It doesn't work!

It says 100% for everything!

BluffMeAllIn

BluffMeAllIn

4evrInmyheart RIP xoxo :(
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It doesn't work!

It says 100% for everything!

It works, perhaps be more specific with what isn't working for you.....it deff doesn't show 100% for everything...I just tested to reconfirm.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes - please tell me specifically what isn't working so we can get it fixed.

If any others can do some testing and let me know I would much appreciate it!

cantavir

cantavir

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is the perfect starters as they learn the odds but after tens of thousands have already played this hand and then I think they do not need

jus7_play3r that you may no longer need this because it may have been a good player but I also sometimes used as a starting yes that is a shame but I confess

Last edited by a moderator:
F

freakvader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone recommend a poker odd calculator App like magicholdem for Iphones or Ipads? That´s is alloud in PS.

It´s my 1st post. Tks in advance.

R

rhombus

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone recommend a poker odd calculator app like magicholdem for Iphones or Ipads? That´s is alloud in PS.

It´s my 1st post. Tks in advance.

If you are playing pokerstars on PC and using app on iphone or ipad then pokerstars wont know you are using a poker calculator. Also Pokerstars has its own built in calculator now, Which tells you the odds Preflop and on each street if all in

F

freakvader

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the answer. But the idea is using the software when im playing only with my iPhone, far from my pc. I would also appreciate to see the analysis of the other players hands...

Anyway... Again, thank u very much!

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
dakota-xx said:
please tell me specifically what isn't working so we can get it fixed.

Results are in the wrong spaces for the Hi/Lo games. Bolded is how it should be, and in parenthesis is how it currently appears.
__win__tie__lose
hi_a(a)_b(c)_c(e)
lo_d(b)_e(d)_f(f)

Last edited:
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Are there any other issues with it - or is that it?

J

Jason Young

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok. nick..
I understand the odds thing..
but do people always play the odds. .
if so how does Doyle Brunson win with 10 -2 Mega Bucks??
He won because hes op. was so low on chips he cdnt hurt him!

spankywhlam

spankywhlam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dear inhabitants of this forum :) , whether really such programs help with quality of game or it is better to think by head? I ask to respond those who uses these products. If yes, that I think it is possible to try too

Poker Odds Calculator Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator