Chips
all of this is OK but I think computer dictates all

C

cis77

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use an odds calculator when the game is over to see how the h.ll could I loose my last hand

C

chloebrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Where do you download the poker calculator? All I have seen is the one that you manually plug in your cards

Z

zkel1980

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I like to see the odds is when there's an all in. Poker is definitely 65% skill/intuition 35 % luck, agree??

koreano

koreano

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand the importance of calculating the odds at first while learning to play and visualize the game and its variations, but after a while I think it is no longer necessary to use this tool.

Four Dogs

Four Dogs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the PokerCruncher App for iphone and android. I think it's like $5 but well worth it. Far superior to the old Poker Stove. Of course it's for study purposes only. I don't have time to use it at the table.

00SoSage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
On the poker odds chart where it shows the pre-flop action on starting hands...what does the less than [<] and more than [>] indicators refer to? I.e R>3

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never used the poker odds calculator .I always guided by eye on the mathematical probability of loss card. I play for a long time and used to play well.I never even tried it.

Y

Yu3Q

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ok, i got a bit further but now i'm even more confused:confused:

whenever i drag and drop the cards onto the table and then put 2 cards onto one of the chairs it just has 100% over that chair..

when i put cards in for a 2nd player it then compares the odds, but what i dont understand is that i would never see the other players hands during the game so how can this help me ?

sry for the noob questions:)
I would advise players not to add maps which are not known!

G

genitex

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
are they making an app?? it would be nice to have 1

bad_kabal

bad_kabal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
vlw cardschat our now I'm not good had a calculator that is easier

J

JuanMa2121

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow it actually works a lot!!
But its odds certainly and obviously do not always makes a certain play a sure win.

O

owiec

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when I try download this I see download failed can u say me why?

H

horp22

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never use odds calculator, just seem quicker to round up the odd in my head

Neither do CapsLock keys on some keyboards :D
try turning your keyboard over and shaking the crumbs out whe a key don't work.

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Swanny19735

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cardschat has its own Odds Calculator that is freely available to use by any of our visitors.

See www.cardschat.com/poker-odds-calculator.php

I’ve just had a look at the odds calculator and it looks impressive. Think I will probably use it when I am going over my hand history just to add to my game.

In play I tend to use a simple calculation to give me a rough estimate of the chance of getting a hand. After the flop if for example I have a four clubs the odds of me making a flush is 4 times the number of outs. So it’s 4 times 8 which is 32%. If it’s on the river it’s 2 times the number of outs

Does anyone else use this method or have any other ways of calculating odds quickly and easily during a game without using an app?

D

dferrari86

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Has anyone ever used the BOL odds calculator? How is the cardschat one different?

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great tool to calculate, and improve our game.

CardNoob

CardNoob

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I’ve just had a look at the odds calculator and it looks impressive. Think I will probably use it when I am going over my hand history just to add to my game.

In play I tend to use a simple calculation to give me a rough estimate of the chance of getting a hand. After the flop if for example I have a four clubs the odds of me making a flush is 4 times the number of outs. So it’s 4 times 8 which is 32%. If it’s on the river it’s 2 times the number of outs

Does anyone else use this method or have any other ways of calculating odds quickly and easily during a game without using an app?

I’m a new player who wants to play both online and live poker. So simple calculations like this seem very valuable to me. I’m going to try it out and see how it works out. Thanks , I’ll post my thoughts on this later.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To do well at poker you need to be able to calculate odds on the spot.. very important. Good luck at Tables

Sintubai

Sintubai

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi Nick, Although your poker odds calculator is a great addition to the forum, it is flawed in two major aspects.

1. It does not take split pots into account.
Depending on the hands in question, this can sway the percentages by approx 4% and higher.
2. your sample sizes are waaaaaaay to small.
This is proven by the large variance in percentages when you run the same hand several times.
Good explanation! Thanks! i have the cc calculator on my phone !;) Congratulations for the app CC! We are evolving more and more!

D

Donniedarrko

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good explanation! Thanks! i have the cc calculator on my phone !;) Congratulations for the app CC! We are evolving more and more!
Can u give me a link on this app?

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Another helpful tool!! Well done thank you

Poker Odds Calculator Poker Odds - Pot & Implied Odds - Odds Calculator