*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok so I've been thinking about the min raise of the flop cbet line a lot of fishes seem to take and tonight I decided I was going to 3bet every cbet raise that was under 3x. Anyway it happened 3 times in my 600 hand session and every time I 3bet my opponent folded. I think a lot of times we give the min check raise way too much credit for being the nuts. Anyway, anyone else have any thoughts.

Great idea, I'll be using this - I'm guessing that these are those "I'll raise for information" bets with a medium pair or a pair on a small board.

I've been treating small donk bets (min up to ~40% pot) similarly, depending on flop texture - it's been working very well I think, I should check my database - strong donk bets seem to be real hands (sets, big draws)? - I think I got this idea from c9.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great idea, I'll be using this - I'm guessing that these are those "I'll raise for information" bets with a medium pair or a pair on a small board.

I've been treating small donk bets (min up to ~40% pot) similarly, depending on flop texture - it's been working very well I think, I should check my database - strong donk bets seem to be real hands (sets, big draws)? - I think I got this idea from c9.

Ironic - just ran into a flop minraise at 100NL, turned out to be a set. Lucky for me, since I had an overset... :D

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of questions about 50NL 6max -

1. When someone posts a blind early and simply checks, and I'm IP and nobody has raised yet, I've been raising with a very wide range (over 35%, my button range is only about 30% normally) as a steal. It seems to be working well in general - there's only rare resistance from these fish, and it's not hard to outplay them on the flop - what do you think about this?

2. When I do this, I sometimes get 3bet from the blinds by good aggressive players who probably have a lot of hands on me (500+). Do they know that I'm doing this as a steal? I'm trying to put these guys on a range (I treat unknowns differently), and I'm not sure if their range is wider because they know my range is wider, so I'm not sure how light I can 4bet.

My 3bet % is 4.7 over 40K hands, but recently I've been 3betting more frequently, 5.8 over last 15K hands. My fold to 3bet is 70%.

3. There are a few regs I've noticed that usually have huge stacks on multiple tables. Some of these guys push very hard when they're behind - I was thinking that they were simply bad/lucky players (I've taken stacks from them when my hand holds up, and lost stacks when they suck out). I've taken a page from them, though, and started doing this myself (3betting the flop hard on some drawing hands, willing to go all in if I think villain has only TP or has low AF), and finally realized how valuable FE is. Can someone comment here (hmm, there's at least one obvious person who might comment...)? Obviously this is high variance, but am I finally glimpsing the logic behind the madness of laggy postflop play? Is FE used to offset being a 40/60 dog? How valuable is the spewtard image (i.e., you will lose stacks this way, how much does the spew image offset this getting paid off with monsters?). I realize this is a "duh" question, but I feel like I've had an epiphany here...

Note I SUCK at 6-max (I think it's because 6-max players are used to dealing with aggro-spewtards and they are willing to call down so much lighter). But my comments:

1) I steal a TON from almost any position if someone posts behind and I don't raise as much as I would if someone had limped. I just add .5 bb. It's a definite $$ maker.

2) Basically there is very little light 3betting at FR so I usually give them great respect until I see a person show down trash they have 3bet. I was 3bet by at 12/10 holding 28s last week so at least some people do it at FR (at least they do it to me).

3) At FR I'd say FE is huge but I don't know that I'd count on it a lot at 6-max.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know exactly what you are saying about the min check raise on the flop WV.
I don't remember stars/tilt but this month at Everest I've seen it a lot. And it's definitely not always a monster.

The fish seem to think like this: "Wow he cbets a lot, I better raise him to keep him in line" But they are fish so instead of making a committing raise they do this stupid minraise thing.

And if you 3bet that u get mucho respect imo.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know exactly what you are saying about the min check raise on the flop WV.
I don't remember stars/tilt but this month at Everest I've seen it a lot. And it's definitely not always a monster.

The fish seem to think like this: "Wow he cbets a lot, I better raise him to keep him in line" But they are fish so instead of making a committing raise they do this stupid minraise thing.

And if you 3bet that u get mucho respect imo.

Exactly. I don't know about just auto 3betting these bets long-term because my sample is so small but I think I'll work it into my game for a while. Also not sure I need to be making the 3bets quite as big as I did last night. If I raise say 2.5x the total bet it won't have to work quite as often.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. I don't know about just auto 3betting these bets long-term because my sample is so small but I think I'll work it into my game for a while. Also not sure I need to be making the 3bets quite as big as I did last night. If I raise say 2.5x the total bet it won't have to work quite as often.

Well auto-anything won't work for ever :D
But you can definitely pick up the spots where it's ok.

Besides paired flops, flops with all low cards could be good too.
Since ur range consists mainly of over cards and theirs of lower cards/pp they could rep the strength quite a lot.

And as you know making the bet smaller means it will have to work less, yes, but I think you will definitely be played back at more (duh).
It might work well when you have a pp with at least some showdown value, but with total air it could become tricky.
Let's use the example from above and assume SB is full stacked:

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP1 with A K
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, SB calls $2.50, BB folds

Flop: ($7) 6 9 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $8, Hero raises to $25, SB folds

Results: $23 pot ($1.15 rake)
Hero mucked A K (a pair of Sixes) and won $21.85 ($10.85 net)

Now instead of $25 u make it $17-$20 ish and he calls. What is ur play on a non A/K turn ?

Last edited:
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well auto-anything won't work for ever :D
But you can definitely pick up the spots where it's ok.

Besides paired flops, flops with all low cards could be good too.
Since ur range consists mainly of over cards and theirs of lower cards/pp they could rep the strength quite a lot.

And as you know making the bet smaller means it will have to work less, yes, but I think you will definitely be played back at more (duh).
It might work well when you have a pp with at least some showdown value, but with total air it could become tricky.
Let's use the example from above and assume SB is full stacked:

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP1 with A K
2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, SB calls $2.50, BB folds

Flop: ($7) 6 9 6 (2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $8, Hero raises to $25, SB folds

Results: $23 pot ($1.15 rake)
Hero mucked A K (a pair of Sixes) and won $21.85 ($10.85 net)

Now instead of $25 u make it $17-$20 ish and he calls. What is ur play on a non A/K turn ?

I think I'd always make it at least $20 and my play without improving would be the same as if he'd called the $25 bet, give up. Basically check behind and hope for a nice river suckout!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just posting some more stats. i'm wondering if any of you have some stats from 2nl and could post them. also does anyone know how to make the picture smaller?

Attachments

• stats 2nl.JPG
    stats 2nl.JPG
    18.4 KB · Views: 11
Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I dropped to 2nl to fit my bankroll.. But it is going.. well let's say for lack of a better word, INSANE.

+ 9 BI's on the DAY

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Double Post: Cardplayer is that FR or 6-max?

Last edited:
GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I open-raise to 3BBs from any position, and it folds to an unknown in the BB who min 3-bets to 5BBs, and he has a 40 BB stack or greater, I can call with just about any two cards here, right? If I have absolute trash because I was on the button, should I only call if he has a full stack? Or not even then?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Double Post: Cardplayer is that FR or 6-max?

its FR but it shows up on some charts as 6max because the table wasnt full. but yes FR.
--i have a question about the rake?
i went to fulltilt and found a rake page. it says something like this. i cant figure it all out.
#plys-----rake-----per $ in pot---stake---max rake
9 .01 .15 2nl $2
9 .01 .15 5nl $2
9 .01 .15 10nl $2
9 .01 .20 25nl $3
IDK what all this means exactly. i'm figuring its a rake of 6.67% at 2nl-10 then 5% after that am i right? and what about rakeback i've already made a deposit lost almost all of it(was down to 18 cents) now i built it up tp around $50 from freeroll would i be eligible to get a rake back? and how could i make it happen?

Last edited:
GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i'm figuring its a rake of 6.67% at 2nl-10 then 5% after that am i right? and what about rakeback i've already made a deposit lost almost all of it(was down to 18 cents) now i built it up tp around $50 from freeroll would i be eligible to get a rake back? and how could i make it happen?
Correct about the rake.

If you created your account without rakeback, you have to e-mail them. If you signed up through an affiliate, you're SOL, otherwise they put you on a list to hopefully someday get it. I heard people wait a long time.

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to raketherake.com, click on the link for Full Tilt rakeback. On that page there should be a button that says "Already have an account? Click Here!" or something to that effect. Fill out the form and they will usually get back to you in a couple days.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I open-raise to 3BBs from any position, and it folds to an unknown in the BB who min 3-bets to 5BBs, and he has a 40 BB stack or greater, I can call with just about any two cards here, right? If I have absolute trash because I was on the button, should I only call if he has a full stack? Or not even then?

Pretty much so in my opinion. Especially with other blinds that I'm assuming are in the pot ATC sounds fine.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go to raketherake.com, click on the link for Full Tilt rakeback. On that page there should be a button that says "Already have an account? Click Here!" or something to that effect. Fill out the form and they will usually get back to you in a couple days.

i signed up on my own in the past. i've checked out a few of these rakeback sites and the all seem to give the same 27% back is there anyones that are better than others? because i see rakeback.com on fulltilts private freeroll list. i figure if the alll give 27% i might as well get the one with the freeroll too.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was wondering i hear that perferred seating is good for multi-tabling and i was just wondering why?? was thinking about doing it and what is the best seat i play 6 max by the way.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
However you're comfortable, I use seat 4 playing 6max. When I tile 6 with overlap my hands stay more visible...or maybe it was when trying 8-9 that I chose that seat.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah just what your most comfortable with.
For 6max i use seat 4 as well and seat 5 for FR.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was wondering i hear that perferred seating is good for multi-tabling and i was just wondering why?? was thinking about doing it and what is the best seat i play 6 max by the way.

It's just good because you don't have to take the extra time to find where you're located on each table. More convenient to know that you're in the exact same spot on each one. Seat 4 FTW!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

just right click a chair you want to sit at. they put you in that spot always. so if you got 4 or 12 tables going you will be in the same spot.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if some1 wouldnt mind helping to look over my sessions. I dont really know how to review properly. I will post all my stats from HEM up and i hope some1 can help me to understand where i should start to plug my leaks at.
My stats for todays session are here.

Also i have about 20k in hands to do maybe an overhaul review if anybody can help me thanks.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I dropped to 2nl to fit my bankroll.. But it is going.. well let's say for lack of a better word, INSANE.

+ 9 BI's on the DAY

2nl is quite crazy lol it amazes me what these people stack off with sometimes, i can just picture them at home thinking they're running some crazy bluff when i'm sat pretty with the nuts lol

whats your roll at now??

I had a shitty day yesterday, the deck just wouldnt stop hitting the fish lol i had 2 pair on the flop twice versus drooler villains and got counterfeited on the river both times, grrrr!! only down 1.5 Bi's for yesterday though so it could have been worse.

My rolls at about $72 atm, only 21 BI's to go and i can take a shot at 5nl! lol

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol orange.
I played about 3k hands at 5nl and moved up to 10nl at $100.

5nl is really no different than 2 and 10nl is not a whole lot better than 5..