*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok i got a question on top pair and over pair type hands on draw possible boards. i'm just going to use this eg say i have AKo and make a raise and get called the flop is K85 and its two toned. i'm tending to just check behind w/these types of boards(giving free cards). my thoughts here is if i cbet and get called what does that really tell me about someones hand? if the draw card comes on the turn then what? so i've been checking behind and then doing a delayed cbet on the turn if checked to again and theres no flush there. i figure i can get 1 or 2 streets of value and don't want to get caught up trying to protect a hand thats already behind. any thoughts on this one way or another?

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok i got a question on top pair and over pair type hands on draw possible boards. i'm just going to use this eg say i have AKo and make a raise and get called the flop is K85 and its two toned. i'm tending to just check behind w/these types of boards(giving free cards). my thoughts here is if i cbet and get called what does that really tell me about someones hand? if the draw card comes on the turn then what? so i've been checking behind and then doing a delayed cbet on the turn if checked to again and theres no flush there. i figure i can get 1 or 2 streets of value and don't want to get caught up trying to protect a hand thats already behind. any thoughts on this one way or another?

You bet.... You don't bet for "information" You bet becuase you probably have the best hand. You bet to make it incorrect for you opponent to draw to a flush, allow him to make the mistake. If you don't bet with the best hand and allow him to make his draw you have made the mistake.

In position out of position as well as villian reads to make a difference but giving a free card to a chaser is usually not a good idea. Now if there chasing will give them a second best hand to yours it might be a good idea but that is a specific situation.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Jesus, this made me weep.
Bet that every time!

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok ok i'll always protect my hand. its just sometimes i dont know where to draw the line. but i do have another question. its about the vpip% or just about %'s in general. say someone got a vpip% of 25% in a FR. what starting rage would they have in EP?MP?LP? i know if there steal% is higher that means they arnt opening UTG w/25% of there hands. is there anyway to know what ranges they got in different possitions?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it maybe easy for you belgo but most of the micro players I think struggle in 3bet pots and we find it hard.

I think there is an excellent article on 2p2 for it which I may post later to help us out. I am generally a nit in 3bet pots and like ah 3bet I must fold but since reading it has made me open up alot when facing a 3bet.

Please post link, or PM. I'm still finding 3 bet pots more challenging that I think I should.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ok ok i'll always protect my hand. its just sometimes i dont know where to draw the line. but i do have another question. its about the vpip% or just about %'s in general. say someone got a vpip% of 25% in a FR. what starting rage would they have in EP?MP?LP? i know if there steal% is higher that means they arnt opening UTG w/25% of there hands. is there anyway to know what ranges they got in different possitions?

Here for Pre Flop ranges

Also, download Pokerstove if you haven't already and play around with Preflop ranges to get an idea of how wide 25% is etc.

Understand that the correlation between Stealing% and VPIP is that the higher the Steal % the more positionally aware they probably are. If there vpip is 35 but the have a 60% over a significant # of hands this really tightens there ep ranges up to account for being so wide in position. Not that you will see a lot of this at the micro levels.

Here is a thread ChuckT's wrote that goes over a lot of this as well that you might find useful.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god your all lag tards. I like check that flop behind with a,k close to 100% of the time if im in the pot against regs. Against fish though, obviously betting for value on 3 streets

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
god your all lag tards. I like check that flop behind with a,k close to 100% of the time if im in the pot against regs. Against fish though, obviously betting for value on 3 streets

but you're a tight passive fish :\

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Why would you play against regulars who aren't fish?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because finding tables full of fish with 0 regs is hard obv

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blog update, its been a while but ive been having a rough time lately lol

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok how do you guys do screen shots. i had my first 2nl sesion only got 176 hands and won a couple cents. made one stupid mistake and a couple dumb ones. i'd like to post results. oh also someone mentioned to me a rackbackpro i think. i'm not sure i qualify as all my money is from freeroll anyone know about that?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st 2nl session. any comments suggestions welcome. ty.

Attachments

• stats.JPG
    stats.JPG
    87.4 KB · Views: 6
Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ALT + print screen to take screenshot. Go to paint, use that thing where you make a box with dotted lines, paste inside, save as JPEG. When posting here, go advanced, manage attachments, browse for pic, upload and post. (I'd recommend a larger sample first)

Won my first fullstack at 25nl today, been treading water for first 1k hands or so. Only 7k hands total this month, lol. Hopefully have time last week of may to make a run at 15k, sigh.

...oh, don't think you need to have deposited to have rakeback account.

Last edited:
S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1st 2nl session. any comments suggestions welcome. ty.
The sample is really small so not much can be said.
Try to fold/raise more instead of call/limping, you want your VPIP and PFR to be closer together.

Nice job D´w, you will soon find out that the difrence beetwen 10 and 25 is mostly just in your head and will crush it in no time imo ;).

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3betting the min cbet raise???

Ok so I've been thinking about the min raise of the flop cbet line a lot of fishes seem to take and tonight I decided I was going to 3bet every cbet raise that was under 3x. Anyway it happened 3 times in my 600 hand session and every time I 3bet my opponent folded. I think a lot of times we give the min check raise way too much credit for being the nuts. Anyway, anyone else have any thoughts.

Here are the hands from tonight's session:
Villain is 19/11/5

Full Tilt, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

SB: $102 (102 bb)
BB: $102.20 (102.2 bb)
UTG+1: $103.50 (103.5 bb)
UTG+2: $212.40 (212.4 bb)
Hero (MP1): $175.80 (175.8 bb)
MP2: $112.50 (112.5 bb)
MP3: $228.75 (228.8 bb)
CO: $66.95 (67 bb)
BTN: $100 (100 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP1 with 3
diamond.gif
club.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 3 folds, BTN calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) K
club.gif
spade.gif
club.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $4, BTN raises to $8, Hero raises to $25, BTN folds

Results: $23.50 pot ($1.15 rake)
Hero mucked 3
diamond.gif
club.gif
(a pair of Threes) and won $22.35 ($11.35 net)

Villain is 35/5/2.8
Full Tilt, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players

BB: $143.30 (143.3 bb)
UTG+1: $38.90 (38.9 bb)
UTG+2: $294.45 (294.5 bb)
Hero (MP1): $160.30 (160.3 bb)
MP2: $106.10 (106.1 bb)
MP3: $100 (100 bb)
CO: $114.05 (114.1 bb)
BTN: $136.75 (136.8 bb)
SB: $57 (57 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP1 with A
diamond.gif
K
heart.gif

2 folds, Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, SB calls $2.50, BB folds

Flop: ($7) 6
club.gif
spade.gif
diamond.gif
(2 players)
SB checks, Hero bets $4, SB raises to $8, Hero raises to $25, SB folds

Results: $23 pot ($1.15 rake)
Hero mucked A
diamond.gif
K
heart.gif
(a pair of Sixes) and won $21.85 ($10.85 net)

Villain is 20/10/2
Full Tilt, $0.50/$1 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 8 Players

MP2: $104 (104 bb)
MP3: $101.70 (101.7 bb)
CO: $111.50 (111.5 bb)
BTN: $97.55 (97.6 bb)
SB: $244.80 (244.8 bb)
BB: $100 (100 bb)
Hero (UTG+2): $111.20 (111.2 bb)
MP1: $110.15 (110.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is UTG+2 with 8
spade.gif
T
spade.gif

Hero raises to $3, 4 folds, BTN calls $3, 2 folds

Flop: ($7.50) 2
heart.gif
K
spade.gif
heart.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $4.50, BTN raises to $11, Hero raises to $33, BTN folds

Results: $29.50 pot ($1.45 rake)
Hero mucked 8
spade.gif
T
spade.gif
(high card King) and won $28.05 ($14.05 net)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My thoughts? Keep doing it and let us know the results. You may end up with a red line like Belgo's.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just getting used to posting. i'm trying to make the picture smaller. havent figured it out yet.

Attachments

• graph.JPG
    graph.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 7
WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just become a aggro-spewtard calling station.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A couple of questions about 50NL 6max -

1. When someone posts a blind early and simply checks, and I'm IP and nobody has raised yet, I've been raising with a very wide range (over 35%, my button range is only about 30% normally) as a steal. It seems to be working well in general - there's only rare resistance from these fish, and it's not hard to outplay them on the flop - what do you think about this?

2. When I do this, I sometimes get 3bet from the blinds by good aggressive players who probably have a lot of hands on me (500+). Do they know that I'm doing this as a steal? I'm trying to put these guys on a range (I treat unknowns differently), and I'm not sure if their range is wider because they know my range is wider, so I'm not sure how light I can 4bet.

My 3bet % is 4.7 over 40K hands, but recently I've been 3betting more frequently, 5.8 over last 15K hands. My fold to 3bet is 70%.

3. There are a few regs I've noticed that usually have huge stacks on multiple tables. Some of these guys push very hard when they're behind - I was thinking that they were simply bad/lucky players (I've taken stacks from them when my hand holds up, and lost stacks when they suck out). I've taken a page from them, though, and started doing this myself (3betting the flop hard on some drawing hands, willing to go all in if I think villain has only TP or has low AF), and finally realized how valuable FE is. Can someone comment here (hmm, there's at least one obvious person who might comment...)? Obviously this is high variance, but am I finally glimpsing the logic behind the madness of laggy postflop play? Is FE used to offset being a 40/60 dog? How valuable is the spewtard image (i.e., you will lose stacks this way, how much does the spew image offset this getting paid off with monsters?). I realize this is a "duh" question, but I feel like I've had an epiphany here...

Last edited: