*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what micro dudes have blogs? Apart from the ones I already have..

Be good to get some more blogs to read and to get regular updates from everybody.

I'll try to update mine more, I honestly havnt touched it since March I think due to lack of motivation. I'll start linking it in my signature once its updated... Currently I'm sitting at $675 BR attempting to grind out 10NL until the end of the month, operating at about 7BB/100 for the last 15k hands. I really just want a big safety net when I move up next month to 25NL, I was consistently winning at 25NL around 6BB/100 (am at work so I dont have HEM available to check) over 35k hands, but after withdrawing money and having to work my way back up I just want to take the safest route possible when moving up. Hopefully i'll have about $750 by the end of the month, trying to put in about 1k hands a day. I also just might create a new blog, because originally my first one I made 7 months ago wasn't as focused with the goals I currently have. Hopefully this week i'll find some time to set that up :)

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Should I just but the $16 May bonus for 1k fpps or play 4 of the 210fpp sattys. Help me decide, people! fwiw, I'm Silver this month, so I don't really accumulate fpps that fast. I actually run pretty good in the 70fpp sattys but that's because I luckbox my way through them. Is the May bonus even worth considering?

I usually play the 210 FPP sattys, and I keep track of my placement in every one. That way, I can figure out a cash value of the FPP I'm spending. I'm earning 2.1 cents/FPP playing those satties after spending 18k FPP. I'm assuming that's a decent winrate, but definitely not the best possible.

If you know you can do well in the turbos, I'd go for them, but this May bonus is a pretty sweet deal. I'll probably still take it because:
a) It's guaranteed money (I might not win any of the 4 sattys if I play them)
b) It's a decent rate (1.6 cents/FPP is better than the usual cash bonuses)
c) It doesn't cost me any time, so I can spend it grinding more FPP

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
won't grinding that many hands make you even more of a nit ?
ie your BB/100 will not rise much ?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really because I will still be playing 12/14 tables but just playing a tonne more hours as its the hols and I have nothing to do, gf is at work so I will be on my own with a tonne of free time.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not really because I will still be playing 12/14 tables but just playing a tonne more hours as its the hols and I have nothing to do, gf is at work so I will be on my own with a tonne of free time.

just move down to 8/10 tables and see your winrate increase, imo.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yey, i think a light bulb has gone off in my head today, re: bet sizing to be able to shove on fish by the river, i'm getting paid off left right and center for stacks and it rocks...... this is 2nl lol but its finally clicked how to smash the fish for not just a lil score but for their whole frickin stack! thank you PNL and c9!!!

[x] Started leaving tables when 200bb's deep with another 200bb deep villain at the table as per c9's advice.

[x] Bet sizing according to villains fishieness and deciding on the flop if i want to commit my hand against certain villains, i.e. 75/0's are getting bet bet bet with TPTK while 14/10's aren't.

[x] Made 7 BI's at 2nl today and after 1700 hands is now in profit at last!

I'm glad i had to take out most of my roll for wedding stuff b/c i blatantly had holes in my 6max game that grinding through the limits again will definetly sort out and make me a better player for it, also buying PNL was the greatest thing for my game i've done since buying HOH all those years ago when i was playing Mtt's. And i know i keep kissin his ass but c9's video analysis he made me was awesome, much appreciated.

Peelie's back bitches!!! blog update to follow as i have now rediscovered my love for this game after a month of spewy, going nowhere, tilty and generally bad play.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe its just me mentally thinking that then, I mean people play for a living there, theres alot of regs, fpp pro's, three figure stacks.

I know its all part of the game but this is the first level where I think you are mixing with "pros" no matter how good or bad they are.

I have too many leaks in my game atm to move up anyway.

If YOU arn't comfortable moving up then no matter your BR you should stay where your at and work on your game. YOUR comfort and confidence is what determines a large majority of success in poker, and if you don't feel ready then don't move up. Just my opinion:cool:

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I played 10 tables all day yesterday = worst day ever lol

I will continue to 10 table though, will 8 table if it gets worse

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There we go, Blog updated and off and running!~Happy Jurn ?:D

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i know its been asked before but i just cant seem to find it. what stats do you use for the hud? i know some stats are more used than others esp. in 2nl. i'm noe rolled to start 2nl but i screwed w/ my stats and foget just how i used to have them. any help?

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Brag: Won $30 in golf today

Beat: Lost most of it @ 5nl

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If feels good to have a winning day once again. I am up about 11 dollars. I have been 9 tabling and so far have about 1k in hands. Here is my graph and chart.

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OK people it seems like we're just chatting now. Someone put up a new topic for discussion.

Im in summer break now so I have 3 big goals:
1.STUDY, STUDY, Discuss what i've studied, and study more.
2. Grind a ton of hands
3. hopefully get to 100nl by end of summer (taking 50nl shots now)

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anybody struggle when facing a 3bet?

Depends on the 3bet ?

it shouldn't be too hard, honestly. Most people have quite transparent hand ranges when they 3bet. A majority of players do it strictly for value, a minority spews badly, and an even smaller minority know when to balance their value 3bets by properly choosing light 3bet spots.

Playing against value 3bets is purely a question of odds and that's super easy.

Playing against light 3bets... Don't call them oop, either 4bet or fold. You can call them lighter in position, but try not to call with potentially dominated hands like AJ or something. Ax is actually a decent 4bet bluff hand because it removes a lot of value 3bet combos from villain's range (3 AA and 4 AK). When you 4bet bluff, size it properly so that you don't have odds to call a 5bet shove.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah it maybe easy for you belgo but most of the micro players I think struggle in 3bet pots and we find it hard.

I think there is an excellent article on 2p2 for it which I may post later to help us out. I am generally a nit in 3bet pots and like ah 3bet I must fold but since reading it has made me open up alot when facing a 3bet.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing on 3bets: if you have a good 3better on your left, stand up and look for a better table.

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
One more thing on 3bets: if you have a good 3better on your left, stand up and look for a better table.

Excellent advice. I need to do this more often. Once in awhile I run into a decent player/regular that sits down to my left and will 3-bet me knowing that I like to steal the blinds. A lot of times i'll be holding something like K10os and that leaves me in a touch position. I'm usually pretty confident hes light 3-betting me, but I find it hard to call a 3bet with K10. I never know what to do when this happens. If I just call and don't hit the flop and he throws out a c-bet I seem to fold every time,

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Excellent advice. I need to do this more often. Once in awhile I run into a decent player/regular that sits down to my left and will 3-bet me knowing that I like to steal the blinds. A lot of times i'll be holding something like K10os and that leaves me in a touch position. I'm usually pretty confident hes light 3-betting me, but I find it hard to call a 3bet with K10. I never know what to do when this happens. If I just call and don't hit the flop and he throws out a c-bet I seem to fold every time,

Basically it's 4-bet bluff or fold. I'd have to know pretty certainly that he was 3betting light to 4bet KTs.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
anybody struggle when facing a 3bet?

At 2&5nl I used to ( I know you play higher than that :)). Now unless I have a super implied odds hand, PP or a big hand QQ+ I just fold. It is super easy to end up in marginal situations where I can make a mistake and really at those levels that is what I want to avoid. There are enough not marginal situations that I am NOT missing a lot of value.

But and this is a big but, I am aware of 3betting light 4 betting light etc so that when I move up I can begin looking for it and incorporating it. At 10nl and below for sure I think the value you gain is far off set by the marginal situations you will find yourself in, killing your win rate.

But hey, I don't play very much 1-2k hands a month is a lot for me and I have been at 5nl for quite a few months so take it fwiw.

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This month I have been playing 5nl 6-max. I needed to do something different to jump start my interest and I felt that my aggression and hand selection would fit will in a short handed table from the 6 max hand analysis threads that I have read.

Anyway I have never seen so much Donk betting in my life. It is an Epidemic. Is this standard or just a phase that 6-max is going through right now?

I have been mercilessly raising the donk bets with TP and below hands (Cbets on wiffed flops) and slow playing the monsters (Fullhouses) and seem to be doing well. I just thought I would ask if this is the norm and I should get used to it.