*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree there isn't tons of difference between 2nl and 10nl in regards to the quality of the players.

But the format of the game is wildly different.

2nl is deep stacks (250bb) and a festival of implied odds.

I play a style at 2nl that wins mightily, but it isn't profitable (I don't think) at 10nl. I can play loose-passive preflop with a tight-aggressive sneaky 'fit-or-fold' style post and make >45bb/100 at 2nl.

10nl is better played in a textbook positional TAG or LAG style. ABC poker wins at 10nl.

The players might not be better but pots can cost much more to enter and chasing hands won't pay off quite as often (the players are a little better and more scared of big bets), and certainly not as much (stacks!) as 2nl.

Honestly, I'd want to kill myself playing "good poker" at 2nl. It's much more fun to splash around. You don't get to play this deep much anywhere else.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was wondering if some1 wouldnt mind helping to look over my sessions.

Also i have about 20k in hands to do maybe an overhaul review if anybody can help me thanks.

i'm not really qualified but if you posted the whole 20k hands it would probably be better. this session you "smashed it" so i wouldnt try to fix anything. but one thing i would look at is the money you made on the button. why why why would you leave on the button?

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wth do you mean with that ?

he posted a video https://www.cardschat.com/f53/playing-4-tables-01-02-nl-152389/ and i noticed he would leave when he got on the button. i pointed it out to him. but wanted to stress that this was definatly a leak in his game. but if you got the time to watch and maybe comment on he vid. i'm sure he would appriecate it as well as me. i've just only started 2nl and only have been playing FR not 6max.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Oh yeah, when u leave tables wait till the blinds reach you.
So you can enjoy the rigged feelings of being stacked in the last 2 minutes of your session while powering down tables..

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
wth do you mean with that ?
hey, He is referring to my video that when i am ready to leave a game i will play through the blinds and leave on the button. that way i completed a whole rotation. He mention that i should leave UTG so i get to see all the free cards. I honestly like my method but am open to try new things. Like i said before i am willing to try anything to help my game. If u have time please check out my video its only 18 or 19 minutes long.
https://www.cardschat.com/f53/playing...-02-nl-152389/
Thanks

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ABC TAG Poker up to 25NL ftw IMO!

Solid advice! :)

And it is definitely overall better advice for a beginning player.

I find it like being beaten with glass shard impregnated rubber hoses at 2nl though.

But everyone has their own style and preferences.

I haven't played so much 02 this year...

02nl

76bb/100 FTW IMO.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should leave utg cause u always want to see cards you don't have to pay for. it's pretty simple. if you leave on the button you're leaving possible money on the table.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should leave utg cause u always want to see cards you don't have to pay for. it's pretty simple. if you leave on the button you're leaving possible money on the table.

^^ Optimal.

There are those times you need to leave on the button too so you don't poop your pants.

^^ Another kind of Optimal.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey thanks for the advice and i will start to do that from now on. I must say so far in this thread i have learned a lot and just want to thank every1 who has posted in this thread. Must say to me this is one of the best forums if not the best.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly, I'd want to kill myself playing "good poker" at 2nl. It's much more fun to splash around. You don't get to play this deep much anywhere else.[/QUOTE]

6-max FTW imo... I'm running 23/19 so I don't have to sit at a FR table and stare at the clock wishing time would go faster.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
2nl is quite crazy lol it amazes me what these people stack off with sometimes, i can just picture them at home thinking they're running some crazy bluff when i'm sat pretty with the nuts lol

whats your roll at now??

I had a shitty day yesterday, the deck just wouldnt stop hitting the fish lol i had 2 pair on the flop twice versus drooler villains and got counterfeited on the river both times, grrrr!! only down 1.5 Bi's for yesterday though so it could have been worse.

My rolls at about $72 atm, only 21 BI's to go and i can take a shot at 5nl! lol

Just found this...

Its at ~125 ATM. Fairly easy stuff so far. I could probably go on ahead and move up to 5nl but I am trying to complete challenges along the way and playing 5k hands at 2nl is one of them.

Oh and that + 9 session was complete with a - 3 swong in the middle where I got my stack in ahead every time and lost. No swong, it would have been a + 15 BI day :eek:

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
But everyone has their own style and preferences.

I haven't played so much 02 this year...

View attachment 20821

76bb/100 FTW IMO.

That VPIP and PFR remind me of the one time you and I were at UB when I was using the last of my $5 freeroll winnings. I see playing at PS hasn't changed your style much. :)

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That VPIP and PFR remind me of the one time you and I were at UB when I was using the last of my $5 freeroll winnings. I see playing at PS hasn't changed your style much. :)

I've never played at UB other than a couple CC freerolls.

Are you sure you are thinking of ME? ;)

Not claiming to not play like an idiot... you just might have me confused with another idiot?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pure curiosity - when some idiot open shoves 50 BB pf in 50NL 6max, does he have anything? I generally call with reasonable cards when someone does this with 20BB or less, but I just folded JJ and 88 (both in SB) to two different idiots that did this in the same session (different tables - I would have called 20B against most ss's, unless their stats are extremely tight i.e. "good" ss's).

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pure curiosity - when some idiot open shoves 50 BB pf in 50NL 6max, does he have anything? I generally call with reasonable cards when someone does this with 20BB or less, but I just folded JJ and 88 (both in SB) to two different idiots that did this in the same session (different tables - I would have called 20B against most ss's, unless their stats are extremely tight i.e. "good" ss's).

I think if they do it once, ill give them credit usually. But if its even as little as once every round or so ill start to call off with something like 88+, AJo, KQs. High variance but villains range is so wide its profitable. called off KQs yesterday...villain had k7o lol.

Either way they go on my buddy list for being agro donktards.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never played at UB other than a couple CC freerolls.

Are you sure you are thinking of ME? ;)

Not claiming to not play like an idiot... you just might have me confused with another idiot?

I could definitely be wrong; I won $5 in a CC freeroll and lost it within two sessions and haven't been back there. There was someone from CC that I ran into at the cheap cash tables and for some reason I thought it was you. The stats are similar though ....:)

c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I could definitely be wrong; I won $5 in a CC freeroll and lost it within two sessions and haven't been back there. There was someone from CC that I ran into at the cheap cash tables and for some reason I thought it was you. The stats are similar though ....:)
Was me, about 1.5 years ago I think. I was playing 2$ NL about that time.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing VIP stars

+EV?
-EV?
Doesnt matter?

Oh btw im really bad at poker

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think ppl that show are on average worse players than the ones that dont. or they have C9 (read fancy play) syndrome.

that or they're giant nits. So maybe its +EV if ppl think you will be looser and pay off lighter.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Showing VIP stars

+EV?
-EV?
Doesnt matter?

Oh btw im really bad at poker
In general i agree with Delta, most players if played against that show there status are worse then a average player(even the two 25nl supernovas regs are pretty horrid).

But if u multi site(or just started on PS) and are only bronze star on PS i guess showing could be good since the regs might label u as a fish.

But in most cases i dont think it matters, if your a supernova or supernova elite the fish might give u more credit but not sure reallly....

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Was me, about 1.5 years ago I think. I was playing 2$ NL about that time.

Well, you probably still have the same range of stats too. You're not playing 2nl much these days though ....