Limping with AA or KK? What is your opinion?

A

ashwinvjadhav

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Really depends on the table dynamic and your position on the table. Could be dangerous if multi-player. But could be very lucrative if you successfully mislead your opponent.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
This kind of move is danger, I think. Other players can easy have set or two pairs until river ends. I don't play it that way very often.

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
depending on how deep the stacks are, but in general I think the best raise. Possibly limp in bounty tournaments

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I've heard about AA and KK and slow play with them a lot of times. And everyone agrees that you should never play slow play with premium pairs. And in the game, I also play AA or KK with a raise, as I have a better chance of winning against one player than I will play against the whole table.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would limp if early position and the game is loose but if the game is tight I would raise just the minimum hoping someone will reraise behind me

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
it really does depend on the situation and the table really.. i try not to limp when playing larger tables but if its only a few ppl limping will often get ou the action your after so it really is a double edged sword

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
What is your opinion of players who limp AA or KK? My opinion is that I do not agree with that method. But many players use it, I saw it a lot with Brazilian players.
Now that’s a high risk strategy not recommended maybe when your know a player will always raise so you can three bet but very risky.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends about the opponent's. Are they aggressive or loose, it can be many scenarios.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it depends on the type of player you're up against, but it's always preferable to raise

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
i love a good setup, so limp for me:D

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i think when the table is very nitty and there is barely action then limping with them is the right way because otherwise they will all fold to you

but you need to be able to let it go when you sense that you are beat

amartimes

amartimes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the tournament stage, table size and players. When i limp, PS always punishes it is better to not limp imho.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think its can be a great move with 6 bbs and it can be a horrible move with 100bbs.

J

June4Spades

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping is dangerous as you might be beaten with smaller pocket pairs that turn into a triple. Also, I don't see a point in scaring the opponents away. But I would not raise to high either. Plus, these are strong hands in the beginning but also hard ones to fold. I have often lost against a flush or a straight because AA or KK were so "sticky".

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
quite agree, understanding the players on the table depends on how best you play the hand, BTW KK can be beat so by pocket AA so beware.

FF2586

FF2586

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Hi,
I think that players should identify their limping range as they feel.
Including AA and KK in the limping range is a choice and shouldn't be a problem.
Instead of taking sides, I invite you to try to understand what your opponents are doing.
Gl at the tables

jleon_zat

jleon_zat

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's all in without thinking about it, looking for a way to win the chips, you have more chances of winning them than losing them

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer a significant raise or an all-in, I hate limping and then someone hits a set and you lose a lot or all of your chips.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
What is your opinion of players who limp AA or KK? My opinion is that I do not agree with that method. But many players use it, I saw it a lot with Brazilian players.
and what's wrong with top cards should be played this way because if you don't scare away other hands they will play against you it's not bad it's better to scare hands and leave fewer opponents against your hand and you will have more chances to win

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how many players in the hand. You want to cut it down to 1 or 2 because to many will cut your odds and someone may get lucky. Ideally you want your opponent to flop top pair and milk them for all you can.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I limp AA or KK only in sb if every 1 folds or in buntys when some big stack raising and to my left theres short stacks to trap but sometimes everything goes wrong🤣🤣🤣🤣

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
until you become a good poker player just play straightforward poker and simplify your game by always opening your every hand you want to play. There is no reason to limp it. People sometimes see that some very good players limp it and they try to implement limping to their game. But they don't get it that good poker players have kind of balanced ranges, they do it under certain circumstances and they have bigger board understanding. Believe me that on lower stakes it will cost your more money than just simple opens.

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually we want to be open-raising our best hands for value and AA and KK are great hands :)
Raising should probably be the default thought. There is some value in open-limping against aggressive players you can trap, or when you are much shallower stacked (you don't need to open raise as often because the shallower stack depth allows you to still usually get all of your chips into the middle by the River).

It really depends on how you balance your ranges though; you don't want to just limp AA and KK all the time "just because" as then your open-raising range becomes slightly weaker by default. Opponents seeing you limp instead of raise might then signal that you might be trapping (and if you raise, they might eliminate AA and KK from your possible holdings). If you incorporate limping into your playstyle, then you should be doing so with strong hands like AA or KK as well as hands of lesser value (perhaps suited connectors, or hands which flop well or have good playability post-flop).

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I would always raise with strong hands. AA and KK may be very likely to win at show down in heads up play, but the more players you are up against, the lower your chance to win.

If you raise, you will likely be up against fewer players.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
The problem is when you limp that you then give the other players the opportunity to build a strait or anything else with scrap hands. I've seen it a few times before how people thought they were making a trap with AA and then fell in themselves and then were pretty excited about scolding because they thought they had been cheated on. It may make sense in some situations, but you have to know your opponents well before you decide to do something like that. I would advise against doing something like that. AA is a very strong hand preflop, but after that, how more people are in the game, how more chance that one of them gets something better.