Limping with AA or KK? What is your opinion?

fullclock

fullclock

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is your opinion of players who limp AA or KK? My opinion is that I do not agree with that method. But many players use it, I saw it a lot with Brazilian players.

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I watch a lot of poker streams and I have seen very good players sometimes limp AA or KK!!! This is a very good trick if there are many very aggressive players at your table !!!

afecho

afecho

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I could see it being a benefit when you have someone else at the table who is constantly raising and you know they don't have the cards. Let them do the betting and give you their chips. But for the most part, whenever I have tried to do that, I end up losing on the river to someone who shouldn't have been playing with the cards they had with a flush or straight. I do not limp in with high pairs. At min I 3BB but will often go all in.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
What is your opinion of players who limp AA or KK? My opinion is that I do not agree with that method. But many players use it, I saw it a lot with Brazilian players.

I don't usually make this kind of move, besides finding it risky to get a bad beat, it's not the right thing to do. I remember the only time I made a play like this with AA, but as the villain on my left side was very aggressive, I had 24bb and he was the biggest in chips at the table, I limped from the SB and he raised from the BB, and I went all-in and managed to double my chips, but what I remember was just this one time. Good luck at the tables.

offshore11000

offshore11000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think every move is valid, as long as it results in the stack you want to get. I generally wouldn't use limping with these hands more in the case of those who use I think they expect a raise precisely from players like you who don't agree with this move , in short , it is a psychological tactic

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I play only the open raise strategy , with 10-15 bbs ,as far as I know , there are some open limp strategies in the theory but I don't know when and why I should apply them so I keep it simple.

I do know though that you can have some open raises when you are short stacked (10-15bbs) with super strong hands instead of jam them. We do that in order to keep in the worst hands.

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With AA or KK I make a normal mini-raise ( 2 or 2.2 BB). It only makes sense to limp in rare cases against a loose, aggressive maniac to get him all-in. That is: Raise - 3-bet - 4-bet all-in, that sort of thing.

Tigroslav

Tigroslav

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think usually its bad but of course there are exceptions.
To me the most sense makes to sometimes do it in small blind.
Other positions even less often.

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation. If you have a lot of people and you are in an early position, you may do so.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I wonder how that AA or KK will feel when they hit 3 of a kind and lose many chips to a flopped flush or straight, especially when it was preventable with a modest preflop raise.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Limping in poker in some cases is beneficial to use with strong hands: when you know that the players behind you are unlikely to call your raise; if you have pocket AA and you have one or more aggressive or short stack poker players behind you.

R

Roman933

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have had success with AA KK checking my option in the big blind. Risky and use sparingly When it works you will keep the rest of the table guessing for a long time. When it fails and you take a beating from KT... heartbreak!

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
I would say its all about position, most times its not wise to limp with premium hands, in my experience of playing i have seen many premium hands being cracked by rubbish hands, its always wise to 2x or 3x raise big blinds

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just love to see people limp pre/bet pot flop with half the players in the pot. It's a very pro move. They get the note: straightouttazynga.

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Since it depends on the position at the moment of acting, I usually do it only in SB without a player having acted before.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I find limping more acceptable than 100bb all-in, as I see in our free games.

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I did it for a while and I lost so many times
I'd rather raise or re-raise before the flop

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can limp those hands only if you have a limping range. For exemple if you like to limp small pairs, and some suited connectors as T9 JT from EP , limping 10% of your premium hand might be a good strategy, but if you have no limping range, it's usually a bad idea, you're telling openly that you have a strong hand that you want to trap with, unless you play against ppl that won't take into consideration your previous moves.

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I still limp with AA KK,but find I lose after flop to low straits and sets. I think u shud just go all in

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I'm not a big fan of AA and KK, I've limped and lost, I've allined and lost, now I go with 3BB and wait to see what happens, I've been getting better results

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
First of all, we need to understand that pocket aces and kings are not the type of hands we want to play in multiway. The ideal situation is to go heads-up on the flop. Thus, don't limp from early position with AA and KK, it's a dangerous tactic and you should avoid it. After all, if you limp in, there are likely to be several other opponents on the flop with you, which means that you will have to bury your hand if you encounter significant action (unless you hit a set yourself, of course).

A

aircable

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In heads up only, dont let multiples players see the flop for free, that's how you lose a lot of chips.

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can never clean with AA or KK, it would be an unforgivable mistake, more than anything in guaranteed tournaments, I would never do it.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a worthwhile strategy if there is a player that loves to ISO and doesn't pay much attention to what peoples limping ranges are, this is pretty common behavior at lower stakes.

Also with tiny stacks, players can be willing to go AI on flops where they wouldn't be willing to risk their stack preflop.

T

theStarfish

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
You can limp with big pairs, especially if you are in early position and you have loose players behind you who raise a lot of hands, so that you can 3-bet. But of course limping can invite several players to limp too. As always you have to decide based on the situation.