Limping with AA or KK? What is your opinion?

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
By default I raise 3bb ple flop, depending on who you play with, as very tight players don't call bigger raises than that pre flop unless they also have AA or KK

JhonnyThe357

JhonnyThe357

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
So many times that I limp with those mãos, or joguei wandering, I lost the river. It seems that the software understands the strategy of slow play and pune quem or face. hashahshayasahas

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't see the point in limping these big stacked premium hands since we'll rarely improve with them on the flop but our opponent might well catch the nuts when checking, you can of course try to trap a short stack player as long as we limp either from the button or with small blind and he is in the big blind and with this trick we can provoke him to push

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With AA or KK in early position, I don't mind limping with the intention of raising someone who raises preflop. Just make sure you raise it high enough so that no one calls. If no one raises before the flop, I play the hand conservatively and consider pocket aces to be a waste of pocket aces, folding to almost any bet.
In a limping big pot, you could always flop a set of aces and no one will notice. Just be wary of any draws completing because the entire table limped preflop and someone might chase a draw. Their draw may arrive, and you could also boat up, assisting AA in winning a large prize. ;)

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Don’t ever limp with monster hands

Has to be all in or a very high raise

Have had bad experiences with limping in and a player catches 2 pair or sets

K

Khanhpham

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't slowplay with AA..and don't play with many people on AA hand.

M

melbru88888

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the dynamic on the table is aggressive i like to play those hands slow too

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
of course, this is how they play, if you feel that everyone will fold the cards on the raise, but there is a big minus here, if three or four players come into the hand, then your hand has a chance of winning 20-30%, so it's better not to do that and play a raise, otherwise losing with such a hand is a psychological blow, the opponent may have two pairs with some weak hands

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I believe that you should never, under any circumstances, limp AA or KK. If you limp, a lot of players will be sweating, which is unfavorable as in many cases the flop will fall in favor of opponents. You need to raise and if at least one opponent plays with you, you will almost always be ahead.

A

ACE448

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on who you are playing against. If everyone is going to fold if you re-raise, then you win the blinds and nothing more. It's a missed opportunity. You can at least see the flop with limping in and then start to get aggressive with your play. If you re-raise every time you have AA/KK then people will pick up on it, providing you're playing long enough.

E

ejsch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your opinion of players who limp AA or KK? My opinion is that I do not agree with that method. But many players use it, I saw it a lot with Brazilian players.
I think the only time to do that is if you are short stacked so you need more than just the blinds

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Asking for trouble but if you hit the set very hard to put you on a hand like that.

zamana80

zamana80

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
All in provokes fold of 95% opponents.
So it depends from which period of a game it is.
Close to the final game i would slowplay. In the beginning i would all in.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
RNG punishes you if you open rraise very short stacked AA instead of shoving . Also the trick to limp AA , I think most of the times it had no result to me , others also limped and you have a flop with many callers . But KK is another story , I think i have been rewarded many times by limping it , especially UTG and in cash games (zoom)

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's a bad idea for cash games, also, if early in the tournament. If I'm are in a later stage of a tourney and I'm ahead or too much behind then I'd limp to try to entice action. Otherwise play it as usual

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's right or wrong, it's just a strategy for each player, for me the player who limps with AA, KK, QQ is more at risk pre-flop, and generally the player doesn't fold with AA, KK

"It's better to run with a good hand than to lose with a great hand"

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
my opinion is that it depends on the size of the stack you have, for example if you have a bigger stack you could just give a call (limp) to catch someone more playful :); but yes, I agree that most of the time you have to enter with at least 3x BB :)

Nokaut men 1997

Nokaut men 1997

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Opinion is like an ass, everyone has it. In contrast, not all players have the same chips at the table.
If you understand what I mean by that?

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that is a vey bad move, and if u do this, u are tearing money apart. U wont be able to build a big pot, u will play lots of multiway spots where ur equity will fall very low, and that's not even all the bad things I see for this play. Anyway, u can't be a winning player just waiting for the opponnets to put all the money in the pot by themselves.

B

BrunoFabri01

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try to hold the hand so that the opponent bets first, so that I can raise the bet

katifanko

katifanko

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
You should only limp with these hands if you are super confident that you have the best hand at showdown and want to trap an opponent. If that's not the case - don't do it!

PuletJelek

PuletJelek

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I was a beginner at poker I did this, always limping with a monster hand because I was afraid my opponent would fold if I raised...