diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
play calmly always choosing according to your position the hands that you are going to play since in an early position it loses streng

Kompany

Kompany

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You gots to, know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em...

Cheesey song lyrics aside, know that poker is not about the cards you hold, but about the cards your opponents THINK you hold...:eek::eek::eek:

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
My tip is: play all possible freerols to gain experience.
The main thing is to be patient, calm and if the day is bad, rest and try later, or play the other day.
And also take the opportunity to study and try to have time available to do all of that.

Good luck my friends

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is just a pair.

Everyhands a winner and every hands a loser and the best you can hope for is to die in your sleep. You gotta know when to holdem. Know when to fold em, Know when to walk away and know when to run. Never count your money when your sitting at the table. There will be plenty time for counting when the dealings done.

The Gambler

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mind over matter

On a serious note. Dont slow play your big pairs and dont get it all in pre too often. Learn how to play post flop. Pick your spots and always try to do so in position. Money management and ICM are very important. Learn the 2-4 rule when getting a rough estimate of your card odds. Make sure your getting the right pot odds when you calling to hit draws. Dont get to high when you win and definitely dont get low when you lose. Poker is a game of patience not just waiting kind but the single mom with a dead beat ex and two jobs kinda patience.

L

lezghin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
of all the advice I could give the best one to be very patient ..., perhaps this is the most glorious, well, of course, the most important thing that is needed in this game is luck, without sometimes it is simply impossible to win .. fortune knows its favorites:joyman:

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A tip for beginners is that everything should be taken easy and poker is learned in time all the tricks all the tricks not in a few tournaments.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
basics beginners guide

some poker tips for beginners

1.before focusing on winning money focus on improving your deducing skills,

2.player reads ( being able to tell when an opponent is making a move/bluffing) this is done by observation and taking notes.

3.do not adapt or stick to one play style/pattern, be versatile, less predictable

4. know when to bluff( choose your spots carefully) know when to give it up as well

5. the biggest lesson is all hands are beatable, dont over play/bet premium hands all the time

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Everyone! :)
My main advice for beginners: right leading :deal: your bankroll management...:cool:
And then the all will OK. :) Checked out! :deal: And Good Luck Everybody! ;):):D

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dont tilt when losing! might aswell not even start playing if you can't take a loss

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Got some helpful ideas - thanks, guys!

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Rule Number 1.

Never play with what you cannot afford to lose, Big money is for the professionals.

Rule Number 2.

If you ain't had to pay, you don't have to play, Don't get involved with a rubbish hand if you are not in the blinds, Miracle flops seldom happen.

Rule Number 3.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When on tilt, never rush to play with emotion. Keep Calm.

Vlaad

Vlaad

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You will have countless bad beats in your poker career, don't get angry over them.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
70ba4889914fea100d52c75481ebb2f8.png
Make friends with GTO
b831c1955f189f5671b28c6dc518dfe3.mp4
b831c1955f189f5671b28c6dc518dfe3.mp4
and Variance

A

Azambeck

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Please tell me where it is better to study. In ordinary cash games or right away in tournaments.

Kennemelo

Kennemelo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Please tell me where it is better to study. In ordinary cash games or right away in tournaments.

It all depends on what discipline gives you the most pleasure! And don't forget about sit and go games!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
"Value bet more and bluff less."

This was a useful piece of advice which helped me a lot when I was just starting out with poker. There is justifiable reasoning to loosen up slightly in the future and see more flops when you are able to out-play your opponents preflop, but at the smaller stakes just playing straight-forward and not bluffing much is going to work well in most cases.

There are simply many mistakes your opponents will be making (which you'll indirectly avoid yourself) by playing this way.

Good luck :)

kamel

kamel

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
PL
Chips
best tip ever !!

BAnkroll management !!! Learn what is it !!!

Phoenix Wright

Phoenix Wright

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Learn chess

I rather enjoy chess actually :)

Learn a lot.

Be patient.

Recognize your mistakes and correct them.

Sounds simple, but this is valuable and true; you'd be surprised how many players simply don't put in enough into things like study, yet expect to magically improve. :D

Study and play

+1

Play freerolls or micro stakes first and learn from that instead of playing medium stakes right away

Essentially, play within your bankroll and use good bankroll management before deciding to move up in stakes. This is easily researchable for what a "good" bankroll is based on the current stakes, game type, your skill edge, your willingness to go broke etc.

Just realize that many move up in stakes too fast, but there is also such a thing as not taking the leap to move up fast enough sometimes too. Realize that you could be making a lot more profit by playing bigger games (or course you could also lose more in those too, but by then ideally your bankroll should be able to withstand the variance there).

My beginner's tip is practice as much as you can and take the free 30day Cardschat lesseon

Agreed :) Here is the cardschat 30 Day course for those interested:
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/cardschat-training-course-455641/

Don’t limp aces
For beginners, it is much preferred to value bet with good hands and AA is literally the best possible hand to hold preflop; it makes sense to be "ramming and jamming" with AA. However, I do believe there are occasional times to open-limp...even with AA.

Like many people learning poker, I also used to love trapping and I'd open-limp strong hands like AA a ton; this is a huge mistake. The fear that your raising will scare off everyone is compensated by the fact that you have to build the pot with your strong hands and so with AA we typically want to create a large pot to win. :cool: Even if limping a lot with AA works for us (in our minds), note that poker isn't about how many hands you win; it is about how many chips you accumulate (sort of...but ICM for tournaments is a different and slightly more advanced concept). In summary, limping should generally be avoided and with strong hands like AA, we usually want to be raising and re-raising as value bets. :)

learn to control your emotions

Yes, tilt has taken down a myriad of poker players - including strong players. Similarly, you can get overconfident if winning, or punt of large stacks often if you are too loose with a big stack. Having control over your emotions will give you an advantage over a lot of players. ;)

You will have countless bad beats in your poker career, don't get angry over them.

Yeah, even AA is only roughly 85% favorite against any random two cards. Trust in your poker decisions and realize that the statistics will balance long term. All you can do is study and learn to make sure you aren't being exploited and to make sure your decisions are indeed "correct." If this all checks out, then your "bad beats" will get overwritten by the slight edge you have in those situations (usually either range advantage, or simply the EV of those holdings versus Villain exact holdings).