***July Micro Grinder Thread 2NL-25NL***

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Also Im not running the best, Iv had one winning day since I started playing on stars. yesterday had full house < full house and KK<AK AIPF but poker is fun right?

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my 3bet stat is a very low 2.6 :(

3bet by position

BTN - 3.9
CO - 1.6
SB - 3.1
BB -3.1

I think I need to be 3betting abit more OTB right? and maybe more from the CO or is that ok?

Think of 3betting as stealing - your success frequency doesn't have to be 100% to turn an immediate profit. The sizing of your 3bet dictates the success frequency required to turn an immediate profit, just like your bet sizing when you're stealing blinds from the button.

Look for opportunities based on table dynamics more than position - for a Villain who folds 85%+ to 3bets, and with tight players behind you, 3bet liberally from any position (I'm 6max, which means I get to ignore 3 positions in FR :D , so I'm basically thinking of HJ through the blinds). If there's a guy behind me who likes to 4bet or flat 3bets, my range will narrow (if he's good). But most players will not be 4betting light behind you, and flat calls are usually medium and small pp's/sc's, so your decisions aren't complicated (unless someone is good behind you). If opener folds to 3bets 90%+ of the time and 4bets you when you're holding QTo, again you have an easy fold.

I 3bet more oop than in position, and I 3bet moderate hands more frequently than big hands and really speculative (read crappy) hands, depending on Villain's stats. I need to work on this more, but I don't think it's important to range at less than 100NL.

If you haven't (I'm sure you have), check out c9's stickied 3betting thread in golden archives - extremely extremely good stuff.

A guy named sugarnut (he's also a coach on a small site) on that other forum wrote a very cool thread in the micro forum saying that aiming for stats is a huge mistake - learn situations and the stats will take care of themselves - aim for stats and you'll make lots of mistakes/fail to learn - great post imo.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have my breakdown by position but I 3bet more from the blinds than any other positions. Mostly against wide opening ranges from BTN and CO steals and a lot of them (too many perhaps) are just done as resteals. At FR it's not terribly uncommon to see people with an ATS of 40 and a FT3B over 80. Those are the folks I target for my ATC 3bets from the blinds.

Note: I have large numbers of hands on these villains so the stats I'm using are relevant.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going to get flamed for my stack size but its an experiment!

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP3: $5.35 (21.4 bb)
CO: $6 (24 bb)
BTN: $25.70 (102.8 bb)
SB: $5 (20 bb)
Hero (BB): $5 (20 bb)
UTG: $47.95 (191.8 bb)
UTG+1: $15 (60 bb)
MP1: $27.85 (111.4 bb)
MP2: $8.75 (35 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A:spade: Q:diamond:
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $5 and is all-in, 4 folds

Results:[spoil] $4.35 pot
Hero mucked A:spade: Q:diamond: (high card Ace) and won $4.35 ($2.60 net)
[/spoil]

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im going to get flamed for my stack size but its an experiment!

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 9 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

MP3: $5.35 (21.4 bb)
CO: $6 (24 bb)
BTN: $25.70 (102.8 bb)
SB: $5 (20 bb)
Hero (BB): $5 (20 bb)
UTG: $47.95 (191.8 bb)
UTG+1: $15 (60 bb)
MP1: $27.85 (111.4 bb)
MP2: $8.75 (35 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with A Q
UTG calls $0.25, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls $0.25, MP2 calls $0.25, 2 folds, BTN raises to $1.75, SB folds, Hero raises to $5 and is all-in, 4 folds

Results:[spoil] $4.35 pot
Hero mucked A Q (high card Ace) and won $4.35 ($2.60 net)
[/spoil]

Don't do it Jake. Seriously it will kill your winrate and your game. Not to mention the loss of your soul. :(

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my game is sh1t!

I cant even beat ****ing 25nl over 40k hands anymore and I want to try it. All this talk that SSers have a mathematical edge etc makes me want to try it. I shall update when I have played 20k hands.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my game is sh1t!

I cant even beat ****ing 25nl over 40k hands anymore and I want to try it. All this talk that SSers have a mathematical edge etc makes me want to try it. I shall update when I have played 20k hands.

Just because you haven't won over the last 40K (what is that for you 3 days?), doesn't mean you can't win. You're playing too damn many tables, imo. Slow down. Think more. Win money.

SSing is high variance and a 20K hand sample will likely tell you nothing about it long term.

gl though and may God have mercy on your soul.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I cant wait for all the abuse Im going to get for trying it lol !

However I just tried it and people stack off so light vs you its unreal but more variance etc but its cool plus I can 24 table and rake in the fpps with the nova thingy

Infamous1020

Infamous1020

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips

However I just tried it and people stack off so light vs you its unreal but more variance etc but its cool plus I can 24 table and rake in the fpps with the nova thingy

youre shortstacking? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyasdkfjksjglkajlsdgnklhdalfnsadjg

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my game is sh1t!

seriously jake stop worrying about volume. cut down to 6-8 tables and make good decisions every hand.

besides mass multi-tabling whether it be as a ss or not will not improve your game because you dont have to think as much

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Old Incubus FTW! However, some of their new stuff is good

Ya their old stuff is my favorite for sure, which is what they played alot of. their new stuff has just lost something they used to have i think.

my game is sh1t!

i vote we remove your mofo status for the treachery!

but seriously, if you can deal with the variance gl with it. pretty sure ss'ing only becomes decently profitable at 100nl +.

gl i suppose.

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im currently at 9.02/100bb at 50k hands playing 0.02/0.05. with 5tables. If I reduce table would it increase my profit? Or I should stay at 5 tables?

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

- It's easy to make money @ $25nl because most players confuse you for short stackers who don't know how to do it

- It's easy to multitable 'cause you play even less hands and don't have to play post flop

- It's easy to forget whatever you have learned about playing postflop 'cause you don't play it any more.

GL man, just stay off my tables :)

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok just played a 2k hand session and made a few mistakes IMO where I shoved in a 3way pot with like A10o which I think was abit wide.
However people stack some ridiculous hands against me which is funny but does cause more variance. I ended up -1BI ($5) lol but will keep playing this way for a while as 2k hands is absolutely nothing. Im sure after about 100k I can gauge some sort of success.

Also I think 100nl is where SSers become profitable but I have absolutely no clue about BRM for SSing etc as I have only just started playing it. However I do find stacking off and then rat holing quite amusing :)

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im currently at 9.02/100bb at 50k hands playing 0.02/0.05. with 5tables. If I reduce table would it increase my profit? Or I should stay at 5 tables?
If that is big blinds/100 (not PTBB/100), then that is a decent winrate over a good sample size. Not only should you not reduce tables, but that should give you enough to start taking shots at 10NL.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:(

or you could just 9 table full stack, like a lot of us do for easy monies, you just try to play too many tables, table selection is half the battle

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok just played a 2k hand session and made a few mistakes IMO where I shoved in a 3way pot with like A10o which I think was abit wide.
However people stack some ridiculous hands against me which is funny but does cause more variance. I ended up -1BI ($5) lol but will keep playing this way for a while as 2k hands is absolutely nothing. Im sure after about 100k I can gauge some sort of success.

Also I think 100nl is where SSers become profitable but I have absolutely no clue about BRM for SSing etc as I have only just started playing it. However I do find stacking off and then rat holing quite amusing :)

Jake, I'm going to have to ask a mod to ban you if you keep this up. So so sad. :(

GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Isn't the rake at 25nl gonna kill you ss'ing?

A

alvinpe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If that is big blinds/100 (not PTBB/100), then that is a decent winrate over a good sample size. Not only should you not reduce tables, but that should give you enough to start taking shots at 10NL.

Thank you for your advice. I just cashed out almost all my Br. But still got some on me. I will grind it then will try to get to 10nl.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's no doubt I will go back to full stack its just I need to get this FPP bonus before I go back to University in order to live off and I just dont trust myself to play solid poker whilst 9 tabling (I dont know why)
So I may just shortstack until I get enough fpp's, interestingly you get the same VPP/hand which is cool to know as I may move to 50NL in order to do it faster.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.. and I just dont trust myself to play solid poker whilst 9 tabling (I dont know why)

There is that aspect; you only have 20bbs at risk on each table.

$5 at $25nl, but a lot less work (and less poker) than playing $5 at a $5 table.

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The heater had to be switched off sometime...

After 10 profiting sessions in a row I have - €41.42 and my EV = + €14.65 after a thousand hands.. well.. normal service resumed then! :p