***July Micro Grinder Thread 2NL-25NL***

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im pumped for doing it and its only 6 hours a day roughly so its not a massive grind seeming as poker is my job.

I really hope I can win at 2BB/100 at 25nl, I should be able to if Im an ok player but I just want to get the job done. I will be a poker failure if I can because people can beat 50/100nl whilst 24 tabling @ 2BB and higher.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I do it I will be head Mo Fo and it wil be my biggest month ever lol!
Maybe after that try a chicagojoey lol !!!

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im pumped for doing it and its only 6 hours a day roughly so its not a massive grind seeming as poker is my job.

I really hope I can win at 2BB/100 at 25nl, I should be able to if Im an ok player but I just want to get the job done. I will be a poker failure if I can because people can beat 50/100nl whilst 24 tabling @ 2BB and higher.

Why are you playing so many tables at such a low limit? Are you bonus clearing? Do you need the money now?

Wouldn't it be better to play fewer tables, learn how to beat 50 or 100NL then increase tables?

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't got too many hands in this month, but it's been really annoying. Lots of smaller pp's getting in with me preflop only to hit their set.....sigh

July.jpg

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why are you playing so many tables at such a low limit? Are you bonus clearing? Do you need the money now?

Wouldn't it be better to play fewer tables, learn how to beat 50 or 100NL then increase tables?

Because Im a micro grinder, need money now and am a marginal winner at 50nl so I have improved my game whilst bonus whoring and now building my roll back up to play 50nl after withdrawing for uni stuff.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Never seen this thread before, but seems to fit me perfectly. Grinding 2NL currently.

Ozzington

Ozzington

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha so am I Johnny. What's your sn at FT.. Perhaps we've played together?

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Actually play at stars, I should probably change my site.

J

Johnnybmoto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't get it, how do people call 4xbb raises preflop with 35 off suite?

Mase31683

Mase31683

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

If the stacks are deep enough, they have position (don't have to but it helps), and their opponent's range is weighted toward large pp's that they'll likely get in with if they flop an overpair.

There's other things like if the player opening is extremely straightforward, or easy to take pots from, so that there's a lot of fold equity too, and probably other factors that I'm not even thinking/mentioning like metagame purposes.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the stacks are deep enough, they have position (don't have to but it helps), and their opponent's range is weighted toward large pp's that they'll likely get in with if they flop an overpair.

There's other things like if the player opening is extremely straightforward, or easy to take pots from, so that there's a lot of fold equity too, and probably other factors that I'm not even thinking/mentioning like metagame purposes.

While this can be true, you can generally wait for a hand better than 53o to do it with that at least has some equity against a raising hand. At 2NL, it's more likely they are playing ATC and wanting to see a flop because it's 8 cents (what was villain's VPIP?).

Even at 10NL, I've noticed that it's not that great to put super loose villains on any sort of range (I stacked off against someone who made a river straight because I didn't think 85 was in their range). Picking up on betting patterns is much more important against people like this imo.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its really read dependent yo

If you have a guy that's 9/7/3 at your table who you have seen play high PP's the same everytime, then his range becomes very very polarized. I have flatted 3bets from players that play their overpairs very aggro b/c its easy to tell what they have.

Example: I raise .30 from MP with 44. Anyone position will be fine, but let's choose BB. He is a "nit" and 3bets only his very premiums. He 3bets to .90

This is, if he has a full stack, a call for me with low PP's. If you hit, you'll usually get his stack. If you don't then its an easy fold.

It's somewhat the same with SC's because if you flop big, you'll get certain players to stack their overpairs. However you need a little more implied odds I believe. With 53o well its just a bad play but sometimes calling pre when you know that they have the advantage can be a good play. Wow kinda rambled there

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

its all villian dependent dude! I 3bet cards as bad as 35o when im OTB sometimes if people have a very high fold to 3bet and I have position.

Also 27k hands in 4 days yo! I love the feel of a big grind, maybe im a grinding junkie! Starting to slip into the groove now, a few winning sessions ina row and feeling really confident for some reason lol

Here's to another grinding 7k hand day!

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Grinding 2NL currently.
There's your answer. :D

Just remember, you want donkeys calling you with weak holdings. Don't play fancy, don't slowplay, and don't try to bluff calling stations. Just value bet your big holdings, you'll earn money in the long run.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
its all villian dependent dude! I 3bet cards as bad as 35o when im OTB sometimes if people have a very high fold to 3bet and I have position.

Also 27k hands in 4 days yo! I love the feel of a big grind, maybe im a grinding junkie! Starting to slip into the groove now, a few winning sessions ina row and feeling really confident for some reason lol

Here's to another grinding 7k hand day!

be careful grinding so much, i started this month playing ~8 hours a day for about a week and even though i didn't feel it, it was wearing on me mentally and physically, and my play slowly got worse over the week without me realising, so just try and stay as fresh as possible. take lots of mini like 5 minute breaks every 50 minutes or something, just to clear your head, keep a good supply of water nearby aswell

SPCotter

SPCotter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I posted a horrible graph in the June Grinder thread, just after I joined Devilfish on entraction had my biggest and more notably consistent downswing ever, now armed with notes, hand histories and a better feel of the game here compared to full tilt 7k more hands down the road, I am proud to publish this (near mirror image) graph of my last 2000 hands! :D

All 20 NL, not just on a heater, more nuclear fusion, and been on the right side of the donks for once, I've been the benificiary of facing 4bets with 95s and all ins with 10s, thankfully the poker gods have been with me of late... as if I'd lost these aswell, well... I might not have had a laptop to share this with!

Attachments

• devilfish heater.jpg
    devilfish heater.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 10
Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be careful grinding so much, i started this month playing ~8 hours a day for about a week and even though i didn't feel it, it was wearing on me mentally and physically, and my play slowly got worse over the week without me realising, so just try and stay as fresh as possible. take lots of mini like 5 minute breaks every 50 minutes or something, just to clear your head, keep a good supply of water nearby aswell

good advice switch, I think I will stick to like 1 hour grinds then 10 minute break or whatever because my play does suffer if I play marathon sessions!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
micro grinder mo fo's, a few questions.

1. FR players what is you 3bet stat
2. Do you in general 3bet AK OTB or flat and reasons

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
micro grinder mo fo's, a few questions.

1. FR players what is you 3bet stat
2. Do you in general 3bet AK OTB or flat and reasons

1. 3.2
2. Depends on 2 things, if villain will set mine oop and c/f a ton of flops, or if they have a highish pfr and low fold to 3bet stat so they won't fold AQ/AJ/AT/KQ

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1. 3.5
2. exactly what switch said also :)

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hit $200 today, slightly behind my roommate (guy im racing to 500) due to going to Kansas city for the Incubus concert (completely worth it btw...BA band to hear live!)

gonna try to put in like 5k hands tomorrow if i dont get caught up playing basketball with some friends all day. should be interesting.

Lemlywinks

Lemlywinks

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i hit $200 today, slightly behind my roommate (guy im racing to 500) due to going to Kansas city for the Incubus concert (completely worth it btw...BA band to hear live!)

gonna try to put in like 5k hands tomorrow if i dont get caught up playing basketball with some friends all day. should be interesting.

Old Incubus FTW! However, some of their new stuff is good

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my 3bet stat is a very low 2.6 :(

3bet by position

BTN - 3.9
CO - 1.6
SB - 3.1
BB -3.1

I think I need to be 3betting abit more OTB right? and maybe more from the CO or is that ok?