How do you feel when you fold pre-flop - and then the flop would have been the nuts?

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
haha again lol. folded 43h and hit straight flush. so far folded two sets of quads and a straight flush in a week. even though couldn't call just had to share lol
Ok quads has made me feel queezy before ! LOL

Are you sure you had 72 ? I think you had 92 and your mind was playing tricks on you! After all the odds are pretty low that you had the 4th seven.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
if I had a dime for every time this has happened to me I would be rich!!! and I suppose we all feel the same way. But think of the number of times you make the fold and feel good about it because, the way the board ran, you would have lost maybe your whole stack

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got to see the flop for free from the big blind yesterday with 84 and it came 844.... hehe.

SSTREMPL

SSTREMPL

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel a smile because I know these kind of situations are what keep the fish staying as fish. ;)

your fold was a good fold because majority of times you are not flopping even a half-decent hand especially if opponents represented strength in their hands. Also consider what opponents have and would call you with, they can even badbeat yoru flush iwth fullhouse cooler on turn or river, never underestimate the power of folding.

A good fold is good and a weak fold is weak. Don't be weak in fear, be weak to keep your cash. Don't 'not fold' to catch the flop, don't fold to have the opponentnot hit the flop hard enougha nd bully them away form the hand.

I think like a loose player because bluffing is an essential tool in my arsenal. If I folded and flop the nuts, it means nothing to me at all. It was a good fold and I won't let that turn me into a fish and doubt my majority-win playstyle. One step down is severe in your evolution as a poker player you must stay vigilant in your fervour to only improve yoru playstyle and never ever let severe minority-occuring scenarios alter your playstyle in another direction.
Good story, thank you

Roezillaa

Roezillaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's pretty funny, because it's happened a million times to me. I would get like King duece and the flop would be 22K haha. Or vice versa. And with a bunch of other hands that technically you're suppose to fold depending on how big your range is and how you play strategy wise. There's times I said I'll call and I flopped the nuts. Only one time in my life I flopped a straight flush. I had 9J of spades and the flop came 10QK. I slow played it and I didn't end up with much. I bet little and people folded. But that was in a tournament. I would of loved to flop that in a cash game with like a thousand bucks already in front of me. But it does suck to fold a hand and flop the winner right off the bat and know for a fact it'll be the best hand. Gotta love it haha.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There aint enough kleenex in the box when that stuff goes down lol

pescaofish

pescaofish

Academic Poker
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PA
Chips
I dont even care, after I fold the hand is finish for me, so i move to the next Table, or keep on going.
Is useless to start thinking about what will have happend If i will have pay.
If you play every hand until the river, you will be dumb! :bike:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When I was just starting to play I used to get upset after seeing the flop and realizing that I would have had 'the nuts' but now it doesn't bother me because I know that when I fold my hand I made the correct decision and I don't second guess myself. :driver:

guicor30

guicor30

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything depends on the tournament that we are playing. imagine that it is sunday millions and we are in bubble ...

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Whenever that happens, I'm usually a bit disappointed but still shrug it off. You just never know what kind of cards will pop up. Like the other day, I had a 3-7 and decided to fold pre-flop. In comes the flop and sure enough there's a 3 and a 7, and I would've won. Like I said, you just never know.

supernuts25

supernuts25

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahah ya used to bother me , but you will lose more than you will win playing that way so doesn't botr me much now

R

ricardibreezer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i fold junk like J3 off and it comes 3 3 J. I usually think "damn i wish i got crazy in that" but in reality i don't sit at a poker table with the intention of playing bingo with every hand I'm dealt. Flopping a full house is 1000-to-1, so playing total trash because you could flop some crazy nuts is a terrible long-term proposition imo.

IcyNicy

IcyNicy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't feel anything. Sometimes I regret when I could call with a marginal hand but instead folded. And don't regret at all when the hand was a trash

J

JordieChloe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Decision

Was it the right decision? It happens.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello guys!What do you feel,when you fold cards,but in the flop see nuts?

If the cards I fold are the nuts I would feel oh come on!

If the cards I fold are junk and nuts are for the opponent then I feel relieved.

S

StrateJKe

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I take it and lose the next game with these cards :D

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah it is depressing, and it happens from time to time,. but if you folded that hand than i guess it was a hand that needs to be folded and forget about it, dont let it influence your game later on

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel bad every time lol. I know better too!

T

tladake

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if i folded because of fear (hand was good, but the bet was high, I should bet but i folded) that time I regret. If cards was bad or strong intuition to not do that, it is ok, have no problem with it. For me the worst thing is, when I do something against my rules that I now i should obey

IN8FI8NI8TY

IN8FI8NI8TY

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
See, it is like this: yeah I hate to see a great flop come when I folded, but worse than that when playing online and I rush out to the kitchen or the bathroom and get back to see AA-JJ or AK/AQ folded cause the clock timed out,,, then I am disappointed. Seems to happen frequently. I can sit there for 30 minutes folding garbage and as soon as I leave, premium cards come... it'll happen every time!

I

ispap

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It happens to me 3 of the 4 times when i fold my cards! Its dissapointed! :(

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am pretty convinced, that every move you make influences the RNG. So if you call, another flop shows up. You fold, and "your" cards can be used as "filling cards", worthless for the other players. So whenever I fold, I have folded, it was my decision, made with all my skills, and the cards that show up, aren't part of my life anymore.

E

eggtart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get that thought damn i should have played my garbage hand when i know i shouldn't have. Then on second thought you say to yourself I made the right decision so no worry...

Folding in Poker