How do you feel when you fold pre-flop - and then the flop would have been the nuts?

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it’s a trash hand then I’m fine folding the hand no matter what because most of the time such hands are not going to win. In the long run it will likely cost much more than its worth.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you fold 9/3 off suit and preflop raise was 5x BB and the flop was 993 you should still feel good that you folded 5x BB raise.

P

Pete Ski

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can't let it get to you. I see it all the time where players hit a few lucky hands are run a stack up early in a tournament. They usually bust before the money.

A

adueno81

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd feel upset based solely on the statistic that I'll have to wait at least 8 more hands for a winning hand to come to me again

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If you had to see every flop you would be broke, pick the hand that
you like and hope you make your hand.

C

Chris2621

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding preflop

I've learned to just find it amusing. It's likely against the odds and I affirm to myself that I made the correct decision...in the long run.

I especially like to remember the T-Shirt Slogan: "I don't give a FLOP what you folded"

H

horseshoebhole

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
inexperience

Hello guys!What do you feel,when you fold cards,but in the flop see nuts?

Jban,

To me this is just a fun thing to evaluate in your head and nothing more. The longer you dwell on it - most likely the more inexperienced you are.

When I hear people call it out at the table... I try to poach on those players. The drunk guy whispering to his buddy - man I folded 2d10d can you believe that? Would have flopped a flush. I was going to play I swear to God I am so unlucky when I play this game.

I used to do that too.... 15 years ago :) Once it leaves your hand it should leave your mind.

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm relaxed about it. is only 1% of the 100%

johnwat2

johnwat2

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hey, it will happen to everyone. Not calling a big raise with a marginal hand is always a good move. Sure every now and then your pocket duces could be quads but deal the cards yourself, not gonna be.:elefant:

Bluffzone68

Bluffzone68

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Least concerned

Hey
I would care less what happens after I fold preflop
The garbage cards are called that for a reason
And a lot of times you call 2 4 os
And hit 2 pair on the flop and by the time you reach the river you would have lost that to 2 higher pairs.
It happens a lot
Thanks
Manoj
Bluffzone68

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel good if my fold was correct now if i was very tight and could have paid feel bad and I review concepts to give a fold

But there nuts games that are very lucky prefer to play with a range of fitted hands and patience to go surviving in the game and go as far as possible preferably go itm and then construct new strategies to reach those who know the Spiked game.

:jd4:mateuspoker

T

TanaT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have never thrown two aces. There was a case, 7.2 moved, he had two pairs, I was very angry. I still do not believe. Or it was a bod. I put all the chips.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In such cases, I feel a sense of anger and disappointment in myself, but it does not last long, because it's just a game.

C

Claudiurox

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In many cases,a good fold it's a good win. I think that when you are not sure on your cards, the best is to fold, even if you have 2 high cards.
I fold QQ in an all-in pre-flop an the other guy had AA and i could be eliminated from tournament, so it's important sometimes to go with your instinct and not with your cards

zipper2000

zipper2000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's quite disappoint thing for me, even I played right. That's why I prefer zoom tables, no matter at all what was your turn, river card at previous table when you folded.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In such cases, I always understand that as a normal player, I will still throw out such a hand in the next deal. If you take and look at the history of the hands, then such cases are few compared to the total number of discarded hands.

G

GoSplat678

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I feel good about it I'm at least getting good cards. Sometimes I can get a little annoyed if I folded like pocket 2's to an all in bet preflop and those hit but other than that I don't mind folding what would have been the nuts if the odds preflop were not in my favor. smart play is more profitable than lucky

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
With a smile on education do not know what cards will come out. Having said that decision has been taken the decision, it will be done.

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just ignore it as far as I had already folded there's no need to look back however I focus on players actions to see who is bluffing to catch him when I'll be in a hand with him.

wlad20082009

wlad20082009

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
At the beginning of the game it does not matter . But when you sit at the final table ! About this case it's a shame ! Last week I played unibet poker at the final table and several times the winning garbage hand came . Of course I didn't dare to play it . How I then regretted it ! I got knocked out on two Aces !!! It was a shame !

T

teutonic1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to go bonkers when this happened to me. It affected my play. When variance it hitting you over the head, you seem to fold hands that hit the flop and play hands that fail to hit the flop, turn & river; or you get KK cracked by 75o on the flop.

By playing hands that you've folded you are setting yourself up for a trip to the insane asylum.

It took me awhile but I eventually realised that by doing this I was committing a cardinal mistake. I was only thinking about my hand and not my opponents' hands, which is what donk players like me do.

Now, I just fold and make sure the software makes the cards disappear on my screen. Then I can concentrate on how other players play. I take notes. I try and put players on ranges after the flop, and further refine my range analysis by how they bet on the flop, turn & river. I'm still not too good at putting players on ranges but at least it takes my mind off my own cards.

And I sure don't miss tearing my hair out every time I fold T7s UTG+1 only to see trips or the nuts made on the flop (only play MTTs and assuming I have a decent stack size and 6 or more players).

YungWan

YungWan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This situation happens many times to me on a daily basis. :frown:

When I first started playing poker, it used to annoy me but then I quickly realized that playing every hand hoping to flop the nuts would not be a winning strategy.

For me, the best strategy is to forget the hand and move on as soon as possible! :ciao:

alienat3d

alienat3d

easy-going alien grinder
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

When I just started to play poker at first years such things were almost painful to see. :eek:
But then, as I gained some experienced and have seen more and more such moments it became less stressful.

And after I did read in few different poker books, that actually you should get rid of that bad habit caring about which next card will come after you fold, I started to implement this idea in my game and it helps a lot!

Honestly I think it's genius idea and the only proper way to handle such situation. It's really only matters what you do in the current moment you playing your hand and the action is on you. You shouldn't ever think that you did something wrong, because you did the right fold, but could have get lucky, if you did that mistake and called.

It's wrong way of thinking. So meanwhile I don't care much, if I would have flopped nuts. Because it's always a small chance for that. But if I do play every hand in order to hit such wonder flop, I will loose much more money on a long run.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
reset, will always be the right solution. chances of winning are not more than 5% from 100%. I watched with a smile on it.

Folding in Poker