How do you feel when you fold pre-flop - and then the flop would have been the nuts?

n3rv

n3rv

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still feel a bit angry sometimes. I do sweat it.

M

mishu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first started playing, folding and seeing a flop that would have given me the NUTS would have been 100% the reason of why I would be tilted for a whole session. Now I'm just like "eh, it was a good fold anyway."

JohnnyC4ge

JohnnyC4ge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everytime it happens to me, I have a "proverb"that make me completely ignore some frustration feeling ; "don't let the cards discovered judge your decision, and impact your future decisions"

Ryan Laplante

Ryan Laplante

CardsChat Pro
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel a smile because I know these kind of situations are what keep the fish staying as fish. ;)

your fold was a good fold because majority of times you are not flopping even a half-decent hand especially if opponents represented strength in their hands. Also consider what opponents have and would call you with, they can even badbeat yoru flush iwth fullhouse cooler on turn or river, never underestimate the power of folding.

A good fold is good and a weak fold is weak. Don't be weak in fear, be weak to keep your cash. Don't 'not fold' to catch the flop, don't fold to have the opponentnot hit the flop hard enougha nd bully them away form the hand.

I think like a loose player because bluffing is an essential tool in my arsenal. If I folded and flop the nuts, it means nothing to me at all. It was a good fold and I won't let that turn me into a fish and doubt my majority-win playstyle. One step down is severe in your evolution as a poker player you must stay vigilant in your fervour to only improve yoru playstyle and never ever let severe minority-occuring scenarios alter your playstyle in another direction.
Exactly how I approach it as well!

prw18

prw18

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I know it was the right laydown so I don't feel too bad about it.

eberetta1

eberetta1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Happened yesterday while i was holding 10 5. The raise was too high, so I folded pre-flop.
Flop came 10 10 5. SMH, I could have won this bad boy. I did not feel so bad when 9 appeared on flop and Ace appeared on the river. My flopped full house 10 10 10 5 5, would have lost to two people.
Someone had 10 10 10 9 9 and the winning hand had A A A 10 10.

A

agriggy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am ok with it as long as I fold rags, most of the time you won't and lose many chips. Don't feel bad, just keep building your stack.

wrabinho

wrabinho

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i always feel dissapointed when i fold and see the flop nuts.. maybe that is a mistake..

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is best not to think about it as it torments you and can get you tilt or make bad calls

korneel

korneel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ofc it doesn't make me happy.
That's why I try to immediately forget what cards in have folded.

Trick1988

Trick1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I fold I choose not to see the action. It would effect the next hands as emotions are involved so better to fold and let go

belladonna05

belladonna05

belladonkin'
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would always hope I made the correct decision preflop and I don't play a game of what ifs. That mentality would open me up to bad decisions, bad play and bye bye bankroll. :eek::eek::eek:

DaveE

DaveE

Solvem probler
Project Moderator
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Small eye roll and then on to the next hand.

M

Mike D_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ez fold aces preflop in a multiway shove. By the end of the day, your bankroll will be affected not by one particular hand but by the frequency you make correct decissions.

S

szopikos

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is best not to think about it as it torments you and can get you tilt or make bad calls:confused:

drolin

drolin

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think, how much I'll bet to make villains call with bad hands.

Ahoy

Ahoy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont feel anything.

Every one of my folds is REASONABLE and I dont have to worry about flops after I fold. Its pure lottery with some hands and as I believe in my skills, I am 100% sure I did the right thing at the time :)

MY advice: Dont absolutely bother about it, its normal and happens to everybody.

Good luck to you all :)

Nr98

Nr98

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't really care normally. If it was a good fold it was a good fold, regardless of the flop.

Jamesuri

Jamesuri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont feel anything.

Every one of my folds is REASONABLE and I dont have to worry about flops after I fold. Its pure lottery with some hands and as I believe in my skills, I am 100% sure I did the right thing at the time :)

MY advice: Dont absolutely bother about it, its normal and happens to everybody.

Good luck to you all :)

Good advice, do you see the flop after folded?

NoPlace4U

NoPlace4U

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I chuckle a little bit then i remember the reason i folded, the math wasn't right, even though i would've won that hand, in that same situation i would lose more often that not.

M

mojorising

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It makes me Bruce Banner angry.

I turn green and swell up and all my clothes rip and fall off (except my trousers of course!)

:)

B

bluff always

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel good folding pre-flop even if I got the nut.

This is simply a reality check. We have to allows our minds to regain the fact that sometimes we may have an opponent with this outcome. We maintain a structural attitude and especially going on a streak. My concerns will be after this hand, do not allow yourself to want to peek at more flops then you normally do. Playing your position is always key in an event of this nature. Having a gut feeling is tghe only way you may catch hands of these natures. I try not to beat myself up to much, but lets just say it's rare I'll miss because I love seeing a flop.:D

Propane Goat

Propane Goat

Grinder and paint make me the welder I ain't
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're playing online and the site is using a continuous shuffle, then it's an even more complete waste of time to look at the flop and think "what if." If the last player to act pre-flop took less or more time than what they did, then the flop would have come out differently anyway.

It always makes me laugh when live players scream for their one time on the turn and river. That deck has already been shuffled, you can take all your clothes off and urinate on the nearest electrical outlet and it's not going to change the order of the cards in the deck.

Folding in Poker