How do you feel when you fold pre-flop - and then the flop would have been the nuts?

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It is the essence of Texas hold'em as in life. It is useless to be stressed with these situations. However, we are human beings and differently from robots that follow well-defined rules, we have emotions (these neurobiological changes) that are associated with temperament, personality, motivation and that are crucial to our social life.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
well put!

well put! I can share the same. "Man, I could have won that hand", have been my thoughts more than once. It is and will be one of the elements of the game.

Cheers!

It is the essence of Texas hold'em as in life. It is useless to be stressed with these situations. However, we are human beings and differently from robots that follow well-defined rules, we have emotions (these neurobiological changes) that are associated with temperament, personality, motivation and that are crucial to our social life.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i fold 93 to aggression and the flop comes 933, i just shrug and forget it.

The only time I regret is if I am playing too conservatively.

Like if i am on bubble and i have TJ suited. Big stacker is throwing his weight around and raising evryhand.

But my stack is small and I dont wanna call off a third of my stack when I have a good chance to fold into the money.

I fold and the flop is AKQ. In that spot I would regret a little.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The results of any hand do not matter in the long run no matter if you fold, call or raise. You need to make the play that all your studying has prepared you for based on the situation at hand and make the appropriate play. How the board runs out is irrelevant. After the tournament or session you can review your plays and learn and adjust based on the situation but not the result of the hand.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The results of any hand do not matter in the long run no matter if you fold, call or raise. You need to make the play that all your studying has prepared you for based on the situation at hand and make the appropriate play. How the board runs out is irrelevant. After the tournament or session you can review your plays and learn and adjust based on the situation but not the result of the hand.

Agree. I used to feel bad if such thing happened to me, but now I have learned to not even care about what happens after I decide to fold. I never ask to see the river when I play with my friends like I used to before.

maksonios

maksonios

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always fold 72 on preflop or something like that hands and usually I could have two pairs from the flop and even full boat on turn. It really annoys.

Folding in Poker