How do you feel when you fold pre-flop - and then the flop would have been the nuts?

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker is like this, we do not always make the best choice

1AMBOWLINGNINJA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I fold pre flop and flop turns out I would have flopped the nuts had I stayed in, I just LOL. No need to even try and let it get to you. If you let it get you thinking you should have played then you have lost already.

AlexStar1981

AlexStar1981

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course there is some regret. But as the saying goes: I would know where I would fall, I would lay straws.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players get mad. But not. You folded and thats the end of the hand for you. You shut yourself out. But i like to imagine what others have like im in the hand. Every time im trying to predict my opponent move. There is no time for resting.

Yonip17

Yonip17

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That happen to me many times... I feel so bad, but its alright because I should focus.and be calm at the table...

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care at all about having nuts on the flop if I know I have made the right fold pre-flop. For example, I have dealt 83o and fold it from UTG+1, there are 3-way pot and the flop come 883. So what? I don't feel like I will play 83 from this position in futher hands. It could look nice but so what anyway? Should I feel sorry of this fold? No way.

pdcactus1

pdcactus1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hind sight

I will usually see the flop with any suited ACE as long as it is not costing me too much to continue. Meaning I'll fold A6, A7, A4 and even A10 if my stack is to short to call the pre-flop bets without cutting my stack too small. Of course, if I'm stacked large, I'll usually play at least to the flop and maybe see another if I'm filling in partially.

Mariancrt

Mariancrt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just smile , many times that happen,no point to regret because you fold, thats poker, think the other way and stay positive "what if you was in and the cards didn't came?"��

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I had a bad starting hand , then this doesn't bother me. Sure, I would have flopped the nuts this time, but I would have missed or gotten a weak hand the other 19 times I play it. The only time this might get me a tad upset is if I'm considering a borderline hand that I was considering playing and didn't, for example AJo from UTG.

R

rich92849

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
fold on preflop

Hello guys!What do you feel,when you fold cards,but in the flop see nuts?
dependin on what position im in, i try to not to show my feelings. but if a little smile pops up, i usally am proud that i dont bluff or call on a hand that is definitely a mediocre hsnd.

:eek:

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I read somewhere that it is better to play well and lose than play poorly and win. I think I agree with that. seeing your cards on the board after a fold happens all the time, but make the right calls consistently and you will come out ahead.

I agree with this, because if you play poorly and win, you might move up in stakes or get to a higher level of a tournament and then try it again, and lose worse than if you had learned your lesson.

X

xx02pl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I fold and flop came nuts I dont care. I folded hand, so its end for me. And it doesnt matter when i fold 84o preflop and flop came for example 8 4 8. Its poker and everybody know that every hand can beat all others and can lose vs all others.

C

corieaddison

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel like I guess I should've played the hand... but I know that is not the safe thing to do... however sometimes you fold when maybe it was the best thing to do, therefore I'm always left wondering if I should've called the hand or not. But in the end you move on and maybe call the hand later down the road. If fun sometimes to do that too!

Good Luck Out There!

G

gwj63

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always tell myself..
"Still a good fold "
I really like it when I fold a big hand and the flop would of hit me...or the turn, but the river would of coolered me. Other then that it's always
"Good fold"

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I take a moment to rethink whether the fold was the right move. Was the bet big enough that I should have folded? Was my hand make-able given the size of the betting? Usually I feel i made the right fold, but not always.

Anton Fedorov

Anton Fedorov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call this a provocation to not play according to the strategy, when the poker room tries to knock me off my abc game, however, by tracking the statistics of your game in the future, you will realize that you did the right thing, dropping your conditional nuts preflop,if it was the nuts with 72 offsuits

majango

majango

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Like quit the Worldcup in Qualifiers on a Monday 😁

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello guys!What do you feel,when you fold cards,but in the flop see nuts?

It happens once or twice in a session but don't happen all the time. We fold such cards because they are not worthy of playing. The reason is they can't compete with higher order cards and often produce loses. That is their disadvantage.

Only way they can fetch you a pot is when they manage to connect with the flop while bigger cards fail to do so.

Once i fold them i never try to see what happened at the flop.

T

ThinkIllcallUwitha5

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call this a provocation to not play according to the strategy, when the poker room tries to knock me off my abc game, however, by tracking the statistics of your game in the future, you will realize that you did the right thing, dropping your conditional nuts preflop,if it was the nuts with 72 offsuits

I agree, and think this is one of the first things that seperates beginning players from intermediate or advanced. If you get upset about specific hands while playing by strategy, you're not thinking clearly about EV long term. I like to think about the number of cases where it wouldn't have worked out and then feel fine again.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't care much

Don't be results-oriented. When I first started playing poker years ago, I had convinced myself that T9o was the best hand, because I would cherry pick boards where T9o woulda been the nuts, or beat AA, and would 3-bet with it.

I learned much from that lol.

EDIT: Also, when I play live poker, other players actually pay a fee to see the flop and river when the hand ends on the flop. This is crazy in my eyes. I couldn't care less what turn and river this particular permutation of the deck would roll out. OH, MY FLUSH WOULDA HIT. That doesn't affect me at all, it was a +EV fold.

Last edited:
MrGoodFlop

MrGoodFlop

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is part of the game frustations, similar to when you have a premium hand and lose to junk cards on the river or you keep getting junk cards for a long time and then you get pocket aces in the BB position and everybody folds to you. You can't let that influence your play and make you go on tilt.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I still feel with my hands. Sorry, I’m being facetious but sometimes I just can’t help myself.

Seriously, it does not upset me at all. Which is just as well, because it has happened many times in the past and will continue to happen for as long as I play poker.

However, I do get a perverse sense of satisfaction, when I flop a full house from a free look big blind, with rubbish cards like 2 7. The more limpers the better. :D

C

Cloxy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just don't think about that because if we fold the thouthand trash hands it always will be better then we play them. Keep in mind it ))

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the only time I actually care is if Its right on the cuff of my calling range, and for whatever reason I fold... could that be low stacked close to the bubble or FT, playing a super Nitty player with other calls or a 3Bet in the pot.... If its just any other hand, and i should have folded it, then no I dont get upset at all.

Folding in Poker