Which Do You Prefer AK or JJ?

V

valetgll

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is always preferable to have any pocket pair than AK. So JJ are better.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Good afternoon everyone, this question is easy to answer JJ. I'm playing cash game more than mtts and the most problematic hand to play is AK, in theory you should always 3bet with AK and as the cash game is always deep o villain calls when you bet on the edge that hits A or K the villain when he doesn't hit the insta fold and when you get called he already has a big chance of not doing so well and if villain check raises his AK is very likely already losing , for d 2 pair or trips. It's the hand that I lost the most money until I learned to fold in this situation, with JJ it's very easy to play, don't hit your trips, you'll analyze the edge and the villain and it's much easier to play .I play in AK micros when I 3bet pre flop I cbet almost %100, cbet turn a few times and river I'll only bet if I hit otherwise it's fold, the villains in micros, I cbet flop turn and river I went All in villain called 3 on the Q 2 6 edge with 77, I no longer bluff with AK.All in preflop I also prefer JJ.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is a good question. I think that depends of the situation but usually I prefer AK 😀

M

moularaki

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I prefer JJ because it's a good hand

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
professional players cannot win a tournament based on this play, we should play this one not as one of many hands during the tournament; and prefer to know your opponent, Being with JJ or AK can be a tricky situation during the hand

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
any pair in olyn stands well against AK, even two deuces

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Both, if they match the flop. If I hold JJ, ready to burn rubber if A or K shows up.
Pre flop I like AKs best

B

bowserdon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
AK 4 MeI.always lose with JJ& 10 10

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
all this hands most of time play in 3-bet/4-bet pots and in big pots ur opponent have a lot premium hands
With AK we block AA and KK. have 50% with QQ and have nice chance (1of3) catch top pair on the flop with good kicker and with AKs we have nice equity for backdoor flush or FD.
With jacks not all good in 3-bet/4-bet pots bcs we dont block any pockets QQ KK AA and if flop low im not sure in this hand too
So for me better AK bcs im more sure play with it, can collect more combination and can easy click pass on reraise if flop dont mine. But with jacks very often i have a hard situations and i dont care that mathematics say AK vs JJ its coin flip. I like play postflop not bingo all-in thats why i say AK
P.S. But in push fold stack 12bb and low JJ i think better bcs its ready hand :)

You got it right there.

Having a straight aswer for that question just proves you are a terrible and limited poker player.

ASMautoneJr

ASMautoneJr

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's obvious, that it's AK, someone who answers JJ, it's because he wants to show up or something..... !

ikescherer

ikescherer

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
it's obvious, that it's AK, someone who answers JJ, it's because he wants to show up or something..... !

No dude, it depends the situation your in. If you are playing 3-4bet against strong/deep opponents then JJ is almost dominated and AK is always better to play pos flop.

If ur facing weaker/shorter opponents then JJ is probably dominanting most hands AK will be just flipping. In this case, JJ is better.

Can u get it?

P

pakyut

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer JJ cause I have a pair and AK is a flip.

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Both are cards with big potential. I would prefer AK in certain situations and JJ for another. Any card in poker can be a winning hand.

F

Frankyy97

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
AK for sure. I dont know how often JJ costed my tournament life

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course, the finished hand is definitely better. JJ is stronger than AK in odds, even if not by much, but I choose pocket pair.

francisco mendoza

francisco mendoza

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The truth is that I prefer AsK, the opportunities are greater to flirt, instead, JJ. I really don't like that at all. It is the worst pair that exists in poker, hahaha. They almost never manage to win, honestly the JJ are difficult for them to win. My odds of winning with JJ are 10%

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is preferable, but not on the bubble.