dzsire

dzsire

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I like JJ, but definitely AK is better. If you can see the flop and A, K or Q comes, JJ is probably doomed to be thrown, because someone must be playing with big cards. I usually try to see the flop and if set comes (or higher card doesn't appear), I keep playing with JJ, but a higher card can be scare.
But it is almost the same problem with KK, when an A comes on flop (I had just such a hand yesterday).

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on which stage of tournament i play on. In early stage i would prefer AK, on later stage i would prefer JJ especially on payout stage.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Head to head, both hands are close in equity, but pocket jacks are ahead by a little. With AK, we are 44% underdog against JJ 56% to win. Things get a bit better for AKs. In that case, we have 46% to win, and when we have AKo, we have only 43%.

azteca6

azteca6

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MX
Chips
I prefer JJ, he usually always comes out on the flop:D you also already have a pair of secure pockets AK is just having high cards in your hand, no one guarantees that you will win: D

K

KING1805

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
I definitely prefer AK over JJ. I lose 80% of the time with JJ.

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to say AK, but now I say both of them, just got to make sure to play them right

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Hmmmm...For me are this pocket cards equal bad. But, I prefer AK.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I would not risk not hooking my Par, I'd like JJ.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The strategy for playing pocket jacks in tournaments is different from cash games. In tournaments, with the exception of the early stages, you will most often play with a short stack. This means that the strength of JJ increases. Pocket jacks are a strong, but at the same time difficult hand to play. The main rule with her: do not overclock the bank. If you don't get a set postflop with an overcard, play carefully and be ready to fold to a big raise. Don't make the mistake of many beginners who often lose big stacks with jacks by overestimating their strength on many boards.I prefer AK.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK all the time, how are you meant to play JJ?

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Well AK has dropped me in the mud 4 or 5 times over the last 2 days......straights, sets and once guy calles me down with 92o...he flopped a 2 and rivered a 9 for 2 pairs. aaaargh. But the variance will turn and will have a steaming hot run !!!!!!

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
The dreaded JJ have let me down so many times (but then so have AA)
AK would be hard to abandon if suited

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I would choose JJ. This is a ready-made combination. In addition, this hand has a chance of more than 12% to collect a set, while AK has only 2.5% chance to make a straight.

PauPau

PauPau

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
Based on my HUD database both my AKs and AKo (more) net chips than my JJ.

I like more AK than JJ

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AK. It's easy to fold after the flop if you didn't improve.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
lately I've been running away from the aces, but it will depend a lot on my position at the table and the placement in the tournament, I prefer the pair of cards that will take me to the bubble, final table or who knows the victory, I'm staying with JJ for now

urubudopoker

urubudopoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
I sombra de duvidas AK pois JJ sempre tem bad bit no river!

A

AVAngelov

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BG
Chips
For me definitely JJ are better, I m so tired of getting AK and than nothing on the table.

F

FrizzaoR

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
JJ 4sure. you already have a nice hand, but u have to be very carefull and take a look in other elements in the game.

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If AIPF then JJ, if not then AK.
Reason being, with JJ when the overcard hits (and they will hit often) it's hard to play postflop. Often you could up mucking the best hand, though most times if there's like two overcards on the board, the JJ is no good. With AK it's easier to fold when you miss and easier to feel more comfortable with top pair when you hit a K or A.