Do you bluff?

J

jmg199

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah a bit too often really. Throwing in too much money when someone checks down a good hand is my biggest leak.
Like really why would you ever check a 3 of a kind or a flush on the river? Ha. Makes no sense.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of Course

Depends on situations. But yes. But, 1%.

M

mclaughlinph

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends what level I am playing. If I am playing microstakes I tend to avoid it because people call everything with anything at microstakes so chances of getting called is better. If I am playing mid to high stakes I will bluff once in a while but it depends largely on board texture.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You ca-n not play poker without bluff

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not bluff a lot. You have to throw in a bluff now and again to keep in the game.

5KINGLEO5

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always bluff when there is a suitable situation, because we will not always be dealt good cards. and sit and wait for AA KK . how often do we get them. very rare. therefore bluffing is a very good action.

doma47

doma47

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on situation and when i see i can steal pot ,but when i do that to often i start losing chips :(

DizzyDeb717

DizzyDeb717

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Do you bluff? Sometimes, never, often? I'm still playing my rookie season in poker, I tried it very few times, it worked every time. Maybe not a bad way to steal a hand when you are chip leader. Of course you can always make an unnecessary loss.

Everyone bluffs :) I definitely don't bluff often enough.

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am not good at bluffing and rarely do! I Never want to get caught . :eek: :icon_flow

T

tengteng

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
sometimes i do but i prefer to wait to the river and then to kick

Aleksmy

Aleksmy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to bluff if I'm in a good position

G

gichka97

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, in general i see it the same way. Moreover it's such a nice feeling winning a hand with a bluff. But it's hard for me to stop the bluff if someone starts calling.

Yes, the feeling is good when you bluff and win, but you should manage to stop yourself bluffing especially in situations your opponent is reading your mind well. The best thing to do is to think about the next hand and to try again not immediately, but after two three hands and it may work.

T

TheDev

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
every good poker player bluffs from time to time. The key is to time your bluff well. You need to know who you are playing, your position, stack sizes, and a few other factors to make good bluffs. Otherwise you are just rolling the dice hoping your bluff works.

Bluffing is a key weapon in a good poker players arsenal

vajavava

vajavava

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes bluff is part of the game and must to use this. :)

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, thinking that I am a good player and the results say otherwise:D:D:D:D:D:D

H

HungryLyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do bluff but not too often. It also depends on what opponent plays are like during a tournament. I find especially near the bubble that opponents that have low stack are easy to bluff against as they are most likely to fold as they desperately trying to squeeze themselves into the money.

run187

run187

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Against bad players no. Against players who have a clue yes

Guy called me in a freeroll with q6 all the way to the river cause he had the 6 of spades to a 3 spade flop. You can't bluff that type of idiot..

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I, as a poker player, bluff. However, since "bluffing" is a feature of the poker game, there is a right time and time to do it, and there are even methods that help you practice it correctly at a poker table.

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bluffing is an important part of your poker game. It helps in my opinion to have a fake tell for good hands or discuss openly at the table of your favorite hand and a board that fits perfectly with what you claim to be your favorite hand.:D:D

Last edited:
Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Hello to all CC friends!
Bluffing is part of the essence of poker. Poker is essentially luck and strategy. But if you just wait for luck you won't be able to go very far. There comes the bluff. Most of the time neither you nor your opponents will form a strong hand on the flop. Then Bluff comes in to get them off the table before they form their hands.
But as part of the game's strategy, the bluff should not be used in any way. If you have nothing in your hand and the flop doesn't scare anyone, bluffing is dangerous. Use at your own risk. But if you are drawing to a flush or a sequence, bluffing it is a good option, as you can form a strong hand on the turn or the river. Very low bluffing is not a threat. It is an invitation that you make to the opponent to call or worse raise you. Bluffing too loud makes your opponent wonder if it's not a bluff. If you want a rule, bluff between 33% and 66% of the pot. Remembering that every rule has an exception. Another interesting option is to bluff loudly when a pair flops. This makes your opponents believe that you have Three of a kind. The problem is if someone at the table does. So be naughty. Another issue to consider is your position at the table in that hand. The best position to bluff is when you are the Dealer, as you have had the opportunity to evaluate all other players before making your move. From the Dealer, the position worsens counterclockwise. If you don't know what poker positions are, do some research. Finally, there is another type of bluff: pretending not to have a good hand. With that, you give confidence to the opponent, who bets high when he should fold. Then, on the river you place your bet. If the opponent runs, he will have already left a lot of money on the table. pretend not to have a good hand. With that, you give confidence to the opponent, who bets high when he should fold. Then, on the river you place your bet. If the opponent runs, he will have already left a lot of money on the table. pretend not to have a good hand. With that, you give confidence to the opponent, who bets high when he should fold. Then, on the river you place your bet. If the opponent runs, he will have already left a lot of money on the table.

olewerkrd

olewerkrd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From time to time, mostly very rare, depending on the situation at the table)

B

bempassado

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff sometimes, but it depends a lot on the situation. I usually bluff when I have a lot of chips and I'm in the final position.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally, I have one such as I consider a negative trait as a bluff. In 70% of cases, I lose with a bluff. rivals look at cards with even the lowest combination. I think need to completely remove the bluff from my game.

tagog

tagog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im bluffing really rarely,sometimes it works and sometimes not.All in all,Im playing according to my cards and combinations i could get